Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > Concealed Carry vs Open Carry

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-09-2013, 01:22 AM   #51
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 789 Times on 479 Posts
Likes Given: 160

Quote:
Originally Posted by readygirl View Post
You probably dont even know how - off track - it got, mods fixed it.......

. If the bad guy sees you are armed, he is either going to decide another time, another place, and walk away. Or he's going to shoot you first.....I haven't really formed an opinion on it either way, but i do like to see people exercising their 2nd amendment rights.......
Mods job suck, especially with this topic! Good thing they are well compensated

thread I started was highlighting a guy in the local forum where a neighbor of the guy was attacked, and the neighbor CC, and the OP OC, and they gave him space.

Friend of mine "challenged" some teens doing some nefarious stuff in the neighborhood, they were going to "learn him some lessons", until they saw his 1911 on his hip. Ever since then, it's hi Mr D, how are you today.
Old 07-09-2013, 01:49 AM   #52

Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts

I personally love and enjoy concealed carry. Just feels better.

Old 07-09-2013, 02:38 AM   #53

Liked 158 Times on 88 Posts
Likes Given: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by readygirl View Post
You probably dont even know how - off track - it got, mods fixed it....... I open carry at the shop, like everybody else that works there. And in the last few months have seen alot more OC in my area. 3 or 4 times a week, mostly at grocery stores for some reason. If the bad guy sees you are armed, he is either going to decide another time, another place, and walk away. Or he's going to shoot you first.....I haven't really formed an opinion on it either way, but i do like to see people exercising their 2nd amendment rights.......
Right now I only OC. My hubby sometimes will walk a little behind me and you'd be amazed the space I am given. I am polite if people ask about it, have been huffed and puffed at by a few, and I smile and say I enjoy my 2A rights and choose to carry.

like you said, criminals for the most part are looking for the "easier target" and often avoid the possibility of someone being able to fight back. How many videos do you see or hear stories about of corner stores or mom and pop jewelry store of thugs coming in and doing a smash and grab? Lots of them. The time that the store owner shoots back they run like hell. Not too many gun stores have thugs coming to do a smash and grab...
Old 07-09-2013, 02:39 AM   #54
Proud to be an American
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 780 Times on 361 Posts
Likes Given: 369

Isn't this more about common sense than "my rights"? Let's say I live in a State where OC is legal (and I do) Here at home or the range its no problem but I work in a neighboring state where OC is also legal but the population density is far greater and the sight of a firearm even being legally carried still causes a commotion I prefer not to have to deal with it.

The price of freedom is eternal vigilance.

Old 07-09-2013, 03:02 AM   #55

Liked 102 Times on 85 Posts
Likes Given: 219

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pasquanel View Post
Isn't this more about common sense than "my rights"? Let's say I live in a State where OC is legal (and I do) Here at home or the range its no problem but I work in a neighboring state where OC is also legal but the population density is far greater and the sight of a firearm even being legally carried still causes a commotion I prefer not to have to deal with it.
But they need to get used to it somehow. Granted i know what you mean, my state is oc legal, and sometimes i do, even in town, with no problem whatsoever, but when i goto Seattle, and only when i have to for work, then i make sure its cc'd, dont have time to deal with the bs. So yeah i get it.
Old 07-09-2013, 03:07 AM   #56

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadsp0t View Post
I've opened carried for years, no issues.. Even when we had to have LEOs around during home foreclosures and automobile repossession. As far as everyday Joes, I've had the evil eye a few times but far more ppl ask curious question, honestly most either don't notice or act as though they don't.
In the small (but growing and bustling) town where i live that is the same experience ive had.

Old 07-10-2013, 08:02 PM   #57

Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts

If this was happening to me, the first thing is not to be a stationary target. I would look for cover and take out the knife carrier first. If no cover then take out the gun bad guy and shoot the knife person last because I know I can hit the knife carrier at close range and can try and limit the stab wounds, gun shot wound can not be blocked or stopped.

Old 07-11-2013, 05:48 AM   #58

Quote:
Originally Posted by LloydTravels View Post
If this was happening to me, the first thing is not to be a stationary target. I would look for cover and take out the knife carrier first. If no cover then take out the gun bad guy and shoot the knife person last because I know I can hit the knife carrier at close range and can try and limit the stab wounds, gun shot wound can not be blocked or stopped.
What are you talking about? That has nothing to do with this convo. I think you got lost.

Old 07-11-2013, 06:43 PM   #59

Liked 77 Times on 63 Posts
Likes Given: 152

Quote:
Originally Posted by phildenton View Post
What are you talking about? That has nothing to do with this convo. I think you got lost.
It was a post i made earlier about a knife wielder vs a gunman and which one is the bigger threat. alot of good advice here and many different opinions. After talking to a Sheriff deputy here in toledo i decided to hold off till i get my CCW. The sheriff said legaly we cannot stop you from carrying openly but many officers including local PD will tend to be more suspicious of you for carrying a firearm localy. He also said i would be stopped frequently and questioned as to the purpose of me carrying my gun openly. So after that little tid bit of info i decided against it. I want to thank all you for voicing your opinions and for your advice it was helpful.
  • Courage
  • Loyalty
  • Rectitude
  • Benevolence

Guns Owned

Para USA 1911 EXPERT .45ACP

Sig Sauer P238 .380ACP

For reviews on various products check out my youtube!

https://www.youtube.com/user/Hellfire198362

CCW map

http://www.handgunlaw.us/LicMaps/ccwmap.php

Old 07-11-2013, 08:19 PM   #60

Okay. Its good to be aware of local laws and how local le policy/practices. In urban environments that is the typical response, even when you are doing no wrong.