Concealed Carry Verizon Store - Page 4
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection >

Concealed Carry Verizon Store

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-11-2013, 12:18 PM   #31
Big TOW
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 8292 Times on 4264 Posts
Likes Given: 9560

We had a shootout at a local AT&T store here a few years back. It was crazy, try to imagine yourself killing folks because of cellphone charges, the reason you cant is because your not Crazy; thats also the reason why these things are not preventable with a stupid little sign or any law, like in this case, an off duty cop that happened to be in the store (with one cop for every 1000 citizens, whats the odds of that saving you in a case like this). Today, they have an armed guard at that location; really for no good reason other than placation, its not a hub of violence, it just happened to be that location this nutbag decided to go "Postal" (another one of those "I dont get it" questions in my head)!

http://www.uticaod.com/news/x693157888/2-reportedly-shot-at-AT-T-building-on-Commercial-Drive

I really dont have any big problem with those little signs as long as the second I enter that facility, someone trained to effectively take over my SD duties is ready to rock but in 90% of the non Government locations, that's not the case here. Its just a friggen certifiable Clipped Wing Duck Shoot Gallery when you hang that sign up and dont do a thing to protect those walking past it.

Old 08-11-2013, 12:28 PM   #32
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1769 Times on 990 Posts
Likes Given: 1302

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missouribound View Post
A couple of things. Only the 11 X 14 signs are considered valid, ...
Not here in Florida. It doesn't even have to be a standard wording or symbol. Anything that expresses the owner's wishes is acceptable, but it does have to be posted somewhere near eye level.

I'm really not trying to come down on you, but you might want to reconsider posting blanket statements that may not be valid in other states. Not every state will agree with your local statutes, which is why so many of us stress knowing your local laws.

Old 08-12-2013, 02:20 AM   #33
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 413 Times on 262 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anna_Purna
Sounds like a time to switch service, and let verizon know why you left them???
Are you sure it's not a contract vendor, and is actually Verizon?

I've never seen it at any Verizon stores. And, quite a few of the retail sites are actually independent vendors.

Old 08-12-2013, 02:45 AM   #34
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 6753 Times on 3670 Posts
Likes Given: 5796

Quote:
Originally Posted by jigs-n-fixture View Post
Are you sure it's not a contract vendor, and is actually Verizon?

I've never seen it at any Verizon stores. And, quite a few of the retail sites are actually independent vendors.
Nope, but I would still switch carriers, and still let Verizon HQ know why. I also wont buy 'knowingly' anything made by Remington any more, or GE, and I don't watch NBC, CBS, ABC, NSNBC, CNN, etc. And I try and avoid vacationing in Progressive controlled states. I even won't buy Citco gasoline. But thats just me.

Old 08-12-2013, 02:56 AM   #35

Liked 4803 Times on 2686 Posts
Likes Given: 1736

Does any communication company welcome concealed weapons holders? I think these firms, high-tech lean left for the most part. It is very difficult to separate the Buck Wheat from the mouse sh&t when boycotting any thing. I really get a pleasure just using their service to spread pro-gun information.
HOSSFLY Likes This 
Old 08-12-2013, 03:47 AM   #36

Liked 588 Times on 394 Posts
Likes Given: 47

Like stated, the 'legality' of such signage varies from state to state.. If your going to over step the request of the property owner it's best to just keep your face closed regarding said policy..
I pay most all my bills online or by mail personally..

I don't go places I feel I need to disrespect a property owner to feel safe either.. Just like the other thread about a friends house, it's all about respect, gotta give it to get it, I think everyone agrees on that. If you feel above the laws, rules or wishes of any property owner, well.. Anyways best to just keep quite about it, do your business and carry on with your life.. There's no honor or pride to be had In Disrespecting ppl or their property.

DISCE PATI

Fear cuts deeper then the sword.
nitestalker Likes This 
Old 08-12-2013, 03:51 AM   #37
I used to play keyboards, but now ...
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 5051 Times on 2970 Posts
Likes Given: 4226

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missouribound View Post
A couple of things. Only the 11 X 14 signs are considered valid, and are you sure he wasn't being a little tounge in cheek? Seems like that was a joke, since it couldn't possibly their official policy......could it?
I use Verizon and have open carried into their stores with no comment. There is no sign on the door. Must be a local policy.
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed." 2nd Amendment to the Constitution of the United States
Practice does NOT make perfect. Practice makes permanent. Only perfect practice makes perfect.
Generalizations are (almost) always bad.

Old 08-20-2013, 07:10 PM   #38

Liked 6 Times on 6 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anna_Purna

Nope, but I would still switch carriers, and still let Verizon HQ know why. I also wont buy 'knowingly' anything made by Remington any more, or GE, and I don't watch NBC, CBS, ABC, NSNBC, CNN, etc. And I try and avoid vacationing in Progressive controlled states. I even won't buy Citco gasoline. But thats just me.
Lol, thats hilarious!