Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > Concealed Carry Verizon Store

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-06-2013, 11:37 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Default Concealed Carry Verizon Store

So I was working near Hilliard, Ohio today and needed to pay the cell bill at the Verizon store. I wasn't carrying because Ohio doesn't recognize my LTCH permit from Indiana. But I will get the Utah soon and take care of that.Anyway, as I am walking to the door I notice the sticker on the right side window. "Concealed Carry Firearms are not allowed in the store", or similar phrasing.I pay the bill and ask the guy...."so you think that little sign is going to keep a BG with a gun out of your store?.He looks at me with a straight face and says..." Oh no, thats for the customers"... My immediate thought was, friend some concealed carry customer might save your life someday in this store, they would be your best friend if that ever happens.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 08-06-2013, 11:45 PM   #2

Liked 11 Times on 5 Posts

Some people prefer a state of blissful ignorance, unexplainably..

Old 08-06-2013, 11:47 PM   #3

Liked 1616 Times on 944 Posts
Likes Given: 1894

Sounds to me like he was saying employees might not have to adhere to the same rules maybe?
..Still stupid though...

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.
Thomas Jefferson

Old 08-06-2013, 11:50 PM   #4

Liked 226 Times on 170 Posts
Likes Given: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by stonesaver View Post
Oh no, thats for the customers.
A couple of things. Only the 11 X 14 signs are considered valid, and are you sure he wasn't being a little tounge in cheek? Seems like that was a joke, since it couldn't possibly their official policy......could it?

Never waste time deciding between two guns....buy both of them.

Old 08-07-2013, 12:08 AM   #5
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5308 Times on 2914 Posts
Likes Given: 10141

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missouribound
Only the 11 X 14 signs are considered valid
I didn't know that. Hmm.

No offense and none taken

Old 08-07-2013, 11:44 AM   #6

Liked 2149 Times on 1450 Posts
Likes Given: 1172

Quote:
So I was working near Hilliard, Ohio today and needed to pay the cell bill at the Verizon store. I wasn't carrying because Ohio doesn't recognize my LTCH permit from Indiana. But I will get the Utah soon and take care of that.Anyway, as I am walking to the door I notice the sticker on the right side window. "Concealed Carry Firearms are not allowed in the store", or similar phrasing.I pay the bill and ask the guy...."so you think that little sign is going to keep a BG with a gun out of your store?.He looks at me with a straight face and says..." Oh no, thats for the customers"... My immediate thought was, friend some concealed carry customer might save your life someday in this store, they would be your best friend if that ever happens.
We've wooped on this ole hoss many times ---------------------
If your carry is concealed STFU & do your business---

Texan By Birth & Choice
USMC/VIET NAM VET

People Like This 
Old 08-07-2013, 11:56 AM   #7

Liked 309 Times on 208 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missouribound View Post
Only the 11 X 14 signs are considered valid?
Not here in Michigan. Any sign the store/home owner posts is considered legal. The Verizon employee was likely adhering to the Company line. Worked 36 years for ATT. No firearms was in the Code of Conduct. Getting caught with one in the building was grounds for dismissal. Verizon might have a similar edict.

Old 08-07-2013, 01:53 PM   #8

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missouribound View Post

Only the 11 X 14 signs are considered valid
Here in Ohio (where the op is taking about) that isn't true. Any clearly marked no gun sign holds the weight of law.

Old 08-07-2013, 02:18 PM   #9
Devil's Advocate and Provocateur
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 1126 Times on 606 Posts
Likes Given: 523

Ohio is one of the states that codifies anti-carry signage. While you don't have to use the sample sign, it would then be arguable that you didn't see a smaller posted sign, were you charged civilly (ignoring the sign is not criminal in Ohio) or your permit was threatened. However, any business owner can restrict access to firearms carriers as he wishes. So ANY sign carries the weight of law, and you can be asked to leave if they see you carrying, sign or not. To not exit the business immediately upon request is a Trespassing charge.

Lesson: Carry concealed. Don't brandish. Shut up.

“Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem." (I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude.). Thomas Jefferson

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

-Edmund Burke, Loosely translated from Thoughts on the Cause of Present Discontents. (1770)

HOSSFLY Likes This 
Old 08-07-2013, 02:28 PM   #10

Liked 9185 Times on 5049 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Quote:
You mind if I share this story on Facebook?