Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f17/)
-   -   Concealed Carry Verizon Store (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f17/concealed-carry-verizon-store-95071/)

stonesaver 08-06-2013 11:37 PM

Concealed Carry Verizon Store

So I was working near Hilliard, Ohio today and needed to pay the cell bill at the Verizon store. I wasn't carrying because Ohio doesn't recognize my LTCH permit from Indiana. But I will get the Utah soon and take care of that.Anyway, as I am walking to the door I notice the sticker on the right side window. "Concealed Carry Firearms are not allowed in the store", or similar phrasing.I pay the bill and ask the guy...."so you think that little sign is going to keep a BG with a gun out of your store?.He looks at me with a straight face and says..." Oh no, thats for the customers"... My immediate thought was, friend some concealed carry customer might save your life someday in this store, they would be your best friend if that ever happens.

01bullitt 08-06-2013 11:45 PM

Some people prefer a state of blissful ignorance, unexplainably..

DrumJunkie 08-06-2013 11:47 PM

Sounds to me like he was saying employees might not have to adhere to the same rules maybe?
..Still stupid though...

Missouribound 08-06-2013 11:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stonesaver (Post 1328212)
Oh no, thats for the customers.

A couple of things. Only the 11 X 14 signs are considered valid, and are you sure he wasn't being a little tounge in cheek? Seems like that was a joke, since it couldn't possibly their official policy......could it?

MisterMcCool 08-07-2013 12:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Missouribound
Only the 11 X 14 signs are considered valid

I didn't know that. Hmm.

HOSSFLY 08-07-2013 11:44 AM

Quote:

So I was working near Hilliard, Ohio today and needed to pay the cell bill at the Verizon store. I wasn't carrying because Ohio doesn't recognize my LTCH permit from Indiana. But I will get the Utah soon and take care of that.Anyway, as I am walking to the door I notice the sticker on the right side window. "Concealed Carry Firearms are not allowed in the store", or similar phrasing.I pay the bill and ask the guy...."so you think that little sign is going to keep a BG with a gun out of your store?.He looks at me with a straight face and says..." Oh no, thats for the customers"... My immediate thought was, friend some concealed carry customer might save your life someday in this store, they would be your best friend if that ever happens.

We've wooped on this ole hoss many times ---------------------
If your carry is concealed STFU & do your business---

Donn 08-07-2013 11:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Missouribound (Post 1328238)
Only the 11 X 14 signs are considered valid?

Not here in Michigan. Any sign the store/home owner posts is considered legal. The Verizon employee was likely adhering to the Company line. Worked 36 years for ATT. No firearms was in the Code of Conduct. Getting caught with one in the building was grounds for dismissal. Verizon might have a similar edict.

PapaRoush 08-07-2013 01:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Missouribound (Post 1328238)

Only the 11 X 14 signs are considered valid

Here in Ohio (where the op is taking about) that isn't true. Any clearly marked no gun sign holds the weight of law.

TekGreg 08-07-2013 02:18 PM

Ohio is one of the states that codifies anti-carry signage. While you don't have to use the sample sign, it would then be arguable that you didn't see a smaller posted sign, were you charged civilly (ignoring the sign is not criminal in Ohio) or your permit was threatened. However, any business owner can restrict access to firearms carriers as he wishes. So ANY sign carries the weight of law, and you can be asked to leave if they see you carrying, sign or not. To not exit the business immediately upon request is a Trespassing charge.

Lesson: Carry concealed. Don't brandish. Shut up.

trip286 08-07-2013 02:28 PM

Quote:

You mind if I share this story on Facebook?