Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > Concealed carry in vehicle…

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-04-2010, 05:39 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 666 Times on 355 Posts
Likes Given: 46

Default Concealed carry in vehicle…

I don’t know that I’ve ever pulled out of the driveway and traveled from point A to point B within the posted speed limit. Needless to say, I’ve had a couple of traffic tickets. I lived in Indiana for several years and didn’t have an issue with it. I then moved to Illinois where they follow Hitler’s gun control mindset so I never carried. Now in Iowa and about to take the test to carry again.

So more for the cops here….

If you pulled someone over with a firearm in the glove compartment or center console and they have to open it; I would assume it would be best to tell them before opening it and moving the gun out of the way. But would it be better off to just put it under the seat so it’s not brought up or an issue at all?

I know how Illinois cops were just getting pulled over on my way to a range with the gun in the case in the bed of the truck. Anal for sure. I guess what would make you more comfortable when you catch me speeding through your town???

I hope I shall possess firmness and virtue enough to maintain what I consider the most enviable of all titles, the character of an honest man.
~George Washington

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 08-04-2010, 07:11 PM   #2

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Have your license and proof of insurance in your hand before the officer comes to the window. You know what he is going to want to see, so get it ready before he gets up to the door. I will not let you open the glove box to get an insurance card if you tell me there is a gun in the glove box. You will be "asked nicely" to step out of the car and then I will get the card out of the glove box. If you don't tell me there is a gun in the glove box and then I see it while you are sticking your hand INTO the glove box, you will hear my Nighthawk 45 ACP clearing leather and me speaking to you in a rather loud and forceful way. If you are wearing a gun and it doesn't show, keep your mouth shut. If you have a holstered gun on, and you are told to get out of the car, then tell the officer you are wearing a gun and were it is on your person. Bottom line, be ready before the officer gets up to your car. Don't say anything about guns, knives, football, or ex-wives unless directly asked.

There is in life perhaps one fleeting moment when the courage, dedication and resolve of one man gambling against all odds will alter the destiny of nations.

Old 08-04-2010, 07:19 PM   #3

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

What Flint Rock said. Don't ruin your chances for concealed carry forever.

Old 08-04-2010, 07:44 PM   #4

Good to get insight from those on the other end.
Thanks for the input guys

I hope I shall possess firmness and virtue enough to maintain what I consider the most enviable of all titles, the character of an honest man.
~George Washington

Old 08-05-2010, 01:43 AM   #5

Default Mayssad Ayoob video

There is a short video somewhere on line under "GUNS AND AMMO " VIDEOS with Mayssad Ayoob showing you what to do when you are approched & stopped while driving & carring a concealed gun, try to look it up it's an intreasting video to watch

Old 08-05-2010, 01:47 AM   #6

I would also like to say, DON"T SPEED. Its against the law, silly, expensive, dangerous, AND gives those nice law enforcement officers a reason to pull you over.

Old 08-05-2010, 02:36 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jess View Post
I would also like to say, DON"T SPEED. Its against the law, silly, expensive, dangerous, AND gives those nice law enforcement officers a reason to pull you over.

I'm trying not to

~George Washington