concealed carry stops robbery

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > concealed carry stops robbery

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-18-2012, 04:08 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2851 Times on 1689 Posts
Likes Given: 1878

Default concealed carry stops robbery

have y'all seen this bad old timer? florida, of course.....

http://gma.yahoo.com/florida-man-71-shoots-alleged-robbers-internet-cafe-110406403--abc-news-topstories.html

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 07-18-2012, 06:47 PM   #2

Liked 124 Times on 104 Posts
Likes Given: 235

Seen that on the news last-night...Looks like a .380 LCP in his hand at the door but I'm not for-sure....I think it was great.........

Old 07-18-2012, 06:52 PM   #3

Liked 12 Times on 8 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkguy View Post
That's awesome! I just wish more incidents like this one were on film because they happen quite often.

Old 07-18-2012, 06:56 PM   #4
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 5675 Times on 2963 Posts
Likes Given: 375

Probably saved a lot of lives. Thats exactly the sort of incident where the goblin comes in gets what they want then shoots everyone.

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Old 07-18-2012, 07:01 PM   #5

Liked 360 Times on 224 Posts
Likes Given: 167

Good thing is as Good Morning America came on this AM as I was headed out the door, the reported it in a positive light

"Regardless of whether justified of not, you will feel sad about killing another human being. It is better to be sad than to be room temperature." - Joe B Fricks.

Member:
01 FFL, GOFFA, NRA, GOA, IAVA, VFW, ABATE of Iowa D15.

Old 07-18-2012, 07:50 PM   #6

Liked 8 Times on 6 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Always a win when the media actually shows something good happening due to a law abiding citizen stepping up and protecting others.

"They're on our right, they're on our left, they're in front of us, they're behind us; they can't get away from us this time."
Chesty Puller, USMC, Chosin Reservoir, Korean War

"You cannot exaggerate about the Marines. They are convinced to the point of arrogance, that they are the most ferocious fighters on earth - and the amusing thing about it is that they are."
- Father Kevin Keaney, 1st MarDiv Chaplain, Korean War

Old 07-18-2012, 08:53 PM   #7

Liked 124 Times on 104 Posts
Likes Given: 235

Here in St.Louis they have a game called the knock-out game where a mob of people jump a person walking by and try to knock them out...It's been on the news for over two years and I'm just waiting for a person to shoot-back at these stupid-ass's ...They talked to one person on the sidewalk and asked the guy what he'd do if jumped and he said that's why I have a gun-permit...I said to the T.V. screen...H#ll-Yes...That's what I was waiting two years to hear....

Old 07-18-2012, 09:05 PM   #8

Liked 1841 Times on 1027 Posts
Likes Given: 1214

I posted this on the other thread too. I am wondering if I am the only one that noticed the bad guys were running away as he was shooting at them. One went down on the floor. They had their back to him as he was shooting. He even shot out the window at them as they were fleeing. Dont get me wrong. They had it coming for sure. But I am suprised he didnt get charged with anything.

Romans 1:16 I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God for the salvation of everyone who believes: first for the Jew, then for the Gentile.

Old 07-18-2012, 09:28 PM   #9

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by LONGHAIR View Post
Here in St.Louis they have a game called the knock-out game where a mob of people jump a person walking by and try to knock them out...It's been on the news for over two years and I'm just waiting for a person to shoot-back at these stupid-ass's ...They talked to one person on the sidewalk and asked the guy what he'd do if jumped and he said that's why I have a gun-permit...I said to the T.V. screen...H#ll-Yes...That's what I was waiting two years to hear....
Funny this is one reason I have my CCW now also, I am in St. Louise a few times a month mostly going to Cabelas at the mills then down town to shop and eat. Then here in my town we have a lot of walking dead "meth heads" and you never know what they will do.

About the 71 year old hero I can't say much more the wow..... WOW

Rain, snow or sleet.... Mud, sand and dirt.... My GLOCK will work ;)

LONGHAIR Likes This