Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > Concealed Carry Random Tips

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-20-2011, 02:19 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 4 Times on 2 Posts

Default Concealed Carry Random Tips

OK, what I want to see here is your random CC tips. The things that you didn't think of before you started carrying, but found out afterwards...

For instance...

1. If you're worried about how to conceal a LCP, spend a few weeks pondering how you could get away with carrying a Government size 1911. As you're doing things through out the day thing about how your 1911 would feel and how it would print. After that the idea of someone seeing your LCP won't hardly cross your mind.

2. Tight jeans don't cut it. Even my LCP prints in the pocket of tight jeans, even with a pocket holster. Having a set of keys in the pocket with it helps, but looser pockets are the key!

and go!

ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
G.O.A. LIFETIME MEMBER!
Sole owner of Random Thought # 5,000

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 04-20-2011, 06:03 PM   #2

I have 3 carry guns. I also have IWB holster for each one. They are very comfortable and with a light sweater on it is hard to see a print. I usually carry a Kimber Ultra II .45. I also carry at times a Beretta 84F .380. It also is very easy to conceal. The big gun is a Sig P220 Super match which is little bit larger but still hides well. I have 2 holsters from Nick Matthews and 1 from Ritchie Leather. Both make fine custom holsters. The key is to get a good IWB holster and wear it all of the time. Soon you forget it's there.

" Gun control is not about guns, it's about control "

" American by birth, Southern by the grace of God "

Old 04-20-2011, 06:19 PM   #3

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

While driving/sitting (especially in a vehicle), an IWB holster MAY sometimes ride up higher than it should be... So... Before stepping out of your car (or after sitting anywhere for a long time)... Check it and push it way down against the belt where it should be. Otherwise, the whole holster AND gun could come bounding out easier than you think. This is a much more important consideration for big-bellied people as the belly tends to bend the holster/gun outwards and over the top of the belt if it's resting too high.

"If the Earth were made of gold, I guess men would kill for a handful of dirt." - Gary Cooper's last line in the movie THE GARDEN OF EVIL

Last edited by Alchemist; 04-20-2011 at 06:21 PM.

Old 04-20-2011, 06:26 PM   #4

Liked 57 Times on 34 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse17 View Post
2. Tight jeans don't cut it. Even my LCP prints in the pocket of tight jeans, even with a pocket holster. Having a set of keys in the pocket with it helps, but looser pockets are the key!
Sorry, I will NOT give up my Sergio Valenti jeans.

#1 is a good tip.

Old 04-20-2011, 10:01 PM   #5

Liked 4 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonyaeger View Post
Sorry, I will NOT give up my Sergio Valenti jeans.

#1 is a good tip.
Just Googled them. Please tell me you're joking!

ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
G.O.A. LIFETIME MEMBER!

Old 04-20-2011, 10:18 PM   #6

Liked 8 Times on 6 Posts

If you haven't tried Appendix carry I highly recommend giving it a try.
Most people don't make it a habit of staring at peoples junk so it makes an ideal hiding place, the butt doesn't print like a behind the hip or small of back carry can, and it is very fast and easy to access.
A small frame revolver like my LCR disappears under a t-shirt and is comfortable all day sitting, walking or standing. It took me a few times to get used to carrying it "there" but is now my favorite way to cc.

----------Gate
It's time to burn it down

Old 04-20-2011, 11:21 PM   #7

Liked 4 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatekeeper View Post
If you haven't tried Appendix carry I highly recommend giving it a try.
Most people don't make it a habit of staring at peoples junk so it makes an ideal hiding place, the butt doesn't print like a behind the hip or small of back carry can, and it is very fast and easy to access.
A small frame revolver like my LCR disappears under a t-shirt and is comfortable all day sitting, walking or standing. It took me a few times to get used to carrying it "there" but is now my favorite way to cc.
Can you bend over with one there? What about a larger gun?
ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
G.O.A. LIFETIME MEMBER!

Old 04-20-2011, 11:30 PM   #8

I don't know about having a pistol aimed at my junk all day.

Old 04-21-2011, 02:32 AM   #9

Liked 2 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Default cc tip

An inexpensive belt slide holster(without the belt) and my keltek p11. Fits in back pocket of my jeans, even with top of pocket, an un- tucked tee shirt, conceals gun from view. Very comfortable, slide shape evens out the gun to look square. It keeps the gun oriented in pocket as well.

Old 04-21-2011, 05:03 AM   #10

Liked 8 Times on 6 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse17 View Post
Can you bend over with one there? What about a larger gun?
No problem with movement. Works great with a snub revolver and should be fine with a compact auto. A larger barrel revo or a full size auto isn't going to work well with bending sitting, etc. But I'm not going to be able to really conceal a full size auto really wearing shorts and a t-shirt. The 2" revolver conceals all year and is way better in the warmer months than carrying nothing at all

----------Gate
It's time to burn it down