Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f17/)
-   -   concealed carry permit process in Rural Calif. (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f17/concealed-carry-permit-process-rural-calif-95428/)

widowmaker 08-14-2013 08:52 PM

concealed carry permit process in Rural Calif.

I took the NRA pistol class for my carry permit a week ago last Saturday. 12 hour class in one day. Shot qualifying on Sunday and turned in my paperwork to my county Sheriff on Monday last week. I did what is called a life scan at the sheriffs office. ( LOTS of paperwork, finger and hand prints and $120.00 ) and was told I would hear from them for an appointment to be interviewed in 6-8 weeks.
I passed the background check when I joined the fire dept. in our small town so I don't foresee a problem with that. The interview will be interesting because of the area where I live. Lots of recent releases in this area thanks to "budget cuts" and overcrowding in the state prisons.
If you guys are interested in what it takes to get a carry permit in rural Northern California I will continue to update this.

vincent 08-14-2013 08:57 PM

Yes, most definitely keep us in the loop...:cool:...best wishes...

I hope the man with the rubber glove is gentle...:p;)...bohica...:eek:

JW357 08-15-2013 06:33 AM

I'm interested as well. Good luck to ya.

widowmaker 09-03-2013 06:42 PM

Well, tomorrow (Wednesday) I go for my interview with the Sheriffs office. The young lady that did the life scan said if I passed that , they would hand me my permit then and there.
Update will follow tomorrow.

Ez2b 09-03-2013 06:43 PM

Good luck :-)

Ez2b 09-03-2013 06:45 PM

Sounds like you got to the system pretty quick though I know people been waiting 8 months plus

JW357 09-03-2013 07:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by widowmaker
The young lady that did the life scan said if I passed that , they would hand me my permit then and there.
Update will follow tomorrow.

I can't imagine that's accurate. But I hope it is for your sake. Best of luck.

Moon_Bounce 09-04-2013 08:48 PM

For me in PA. I went on my counties court page and filled out the CCW permit questionnaire. Had a check made payable to my county and went to the court house during my lunch break. Located the sheriffs office put my name on the list and took a seat. The sheriff came out of his office called my name and asked for the CCW permit questionnaire and my drivers license I gave it to him and he told me to have a seat and he would be right back out. He came back out in 5-10 minutes and called me into his office there he had me sign a couple things asked for the check took a picture and then handed me my permit and I walked out of there.

The process took about 30 minutes.

Good Luck

Ez2b 09-04-2013 09:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Moon_Bounce (Post 1358203)
For me in PA. I went on my counties court page and filled out the CCW permit questionnaire. Had a check made payable to my county and went to the court house during my lunch break. Located the sheriffs office put my name on the list and took a seat. The sheriff came out of his office called my name and asked for the CCW permit questionnaire and my drivers license I gave it to him and he told me to have a seat and he would be right back out. He came back out in 5-10 minutes and called me into his office there he had me sign a couple things asked for the check took a picture and then handed me my permit and I walked out of there.

The process took about 30 minutes.

Good Luck

I hate you lol I'm in California

widowmaker 09-05-2013 05:23 PM

Well, I went to my interveiw yesterday. Got there 10 minutes early.. I was scheduled for 10 AM.I sat in the lobby for about 8 minutes. I walked out of the Sheriffs office at 10:15 with permit in hand. No hassle at all. The deputy asked if I had any questions and told me I could call if any came up. I can put up to five ( 5) guns on the permit. Costs 4 bucks for them to add one and re-type a new permit. Who would have believed this in Kalifornia. But then again, up here we call it the state of Jefferson.