Concealed Carry in PA but from NJ
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > Concealed Carry in PA but from NJ

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-29-2012, 04:28 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Concealed Carry in PA but from NJ

For quite sometime I have been wanting to carry my weapon on me when I go places for safety. In NJ residents need a valid reason beyond personal protection to carry and references and it needs to be approved by a judge and they can limit it and tell you what, when, and where you can carry etc. I can't move out of state and PA won't grant out of state carry permits unless you have a out of state resident permit for CCW from Florida or a various list of other states for our of state carry which Florida issues them to people quite frequently. I would have no issue obtaining one but what is the legality of carrying in PA being from NJ and having a carry permit from another state that honors reciprocacy with PA? And If I discharged or shot a person in a clear case of self defense is it legal and what can I do to cover my ass get the permits and have it fully legal so I can do it frequently?

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 08-29-2012, 06:30 AM   #2

Liked 27 Times on 17 Posts

Ur really confusing...

Basically u live in NJ
Want to carry in PA
But want to get a CCW from Florida

How do u think that is possible if you don't live in Florida?

Old 08-29-2012, 08:22 AM   #3

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Lets break this down to simple parts.

PA does not issue non-resident premits unless you have a permit from your home state.
Florida does issue out of state premits.
This link is for the FL CWP
http://licgweb.doacs.state.fl.us/news/concealed_carry.html
Contact them and ask them if you as a New Jersey can get a CWP from FL and will it be honored in PA. From my quick perusal of the site i would say yes.
You ask good questions, but you need to contact the agency in Fl for the correct dope.

As to you your question of using your weapon you need to know what rules are for using your weapon. in general it requires a fear of loss of life or yourself or family. But YOU must know the rules that govern the use of weapons where you will be carrying. My best recommendation: Consult with a lawyer that is expert to firearms law and the use if deadly force for self protection.

45 Junkie

Old 08-29-2012, 08:25 AM   #4

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyjr1 View Post
Ur really confusing...

Basically u live in NJ
Want to carry in PA
But want to get a CCW from Florida

How do u think that is possible if you don't live in Florida?
Becuase Florida issues non-resident permits is how its possible.

45 Junkie

Old 08-29-2012, 09:02 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkAD

Becuase Florida issues non-resident permits is how its possible.
So I could do this since I live in ny and carry in any state that recognizes FL permit... That's kinda sweet!!!

Old 09-01-2012, 01:13 PM   #6

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyjr1 View Post
So I could do this since I live in ny and carry in any state that recognizes FL permit... That's kinda sweet!!!

NY does not recognize FL license though...dont get your hopes up

Old 09-01-2012, 03:30 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmc0108

NY does not recognize FL license though...dont get your hopes up
Yeah ik that..

Listen to how stupid this is..

At 21 in 2 months (can't wait!!!) I can apply for both fl and by permits...

I'll estimate that fl will take about a month and NY is basically guaranteed to take 6 months..

Even tho I can have my pistol on my hip in so many states with the fl permit, I have to wait till I get my NY permit just to buy the dam gun!!!

I can't even touch a pistol in a gun store without showing them my permit first.