Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > concealed carry in other states

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-02-2012, 01:37 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 75 Times on 40 Posts
Likes Given: 291

Quote:
Originally Posted by WilliamTF View Post
I assume your heading up 81n , I'm from VA and when I hit that bridge I set my cruise control for the next 10mn. I don't know where your going in PA but for the the love of freedom stay the hell out of NY
Why would he go near NY if he's traveling from Virginia to PA? You're right though and add NJ to that!
I drove from NY to Tenn. last year and yeah, you can bet when I went through NJ and MD, my gun was locked up and in the trunk. I carried in PA but before I hit the MD border, I locked it up. When I hit Virginia, I strapped on and didn't take it off until I went into MD on the way home. My Utah permit allowed me to carry in every other state. It was great to finally experience true firearms freedom!

"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, but evil is not overcome by fleeing from it"

Jeff Cooper

Old 07-02-2012, 03:09 PM   #12

Liked 7 Times on 5 Posts

Remove the mag from the gun and put a trigger lock on it and in a box in the trunk. When you cross into pa pull over and reassemble your gun and go about your business. I live in pa and going in vacation in nj and I can't even have my gun at all there....

Old 07-02-2012, 05:21 PM   #13

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

I didn't know where in PA ,if he's staying on the PA/NY like myself or not. My previous posts bear out my concern w/NY and their view on my rights and freedoms

Old 07-02-2012, 05:28 PM   #14

Liked 75 Times on 40 Posts
Likes Given: 291

I do agree with that, believe me, I've lived in NY for almost 60 years now and it's way past time to move. Now that I'm retired, I will. I was just wondering why you mentioned it since going from Virginia to PA doesn't require going through NY.

"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, but evil is not overcome by fleeing from it"

Jeff Cooper

Old 07-04-2012, 07:08 PM   #15

Liked 4 Times on 3 Posts

For travel between Pa & Va, I use 522 to get through Gestapo country, 2 miles maybe. I won't stop or spend a cent in Maryland. I lock firearm before and unlock it after MD...

Old 07-05-2012, 12:03 AM   #16
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 586 Times on 437 Posts
Likes Given: 179

Go to the NRA store. Item #PB 01566 Travelers Guide $13.95.
The guide explains each states requirements w/o a carry permit. Also tells you what states it has reciprocity with for concealed carry. If there is reciprocity for your state, you can carry concealed.
Some states allow firearms only whereas FL allows weapons carry which would include knives etc.

Old 07-27-2012, 09:27 PM   #17
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 249 Times on 164 Posts
Likes Given: 88

I have 3 Iphone apps that I
Got from the app store that shows the reciprocating states and in most cases quotes the relevent statutes. Just do a search on "handguns", "concealed carry" or "CCW". There is a goldmine of info there.

May the Force be with you.
An armed society is a polite society - Robert Heinlein
A Gun-Free-Zone is nothing more than a hunting preserve for wackos.

Old 07-28-2012, 05:19 AM   #18

Liked 271 Times on 153 Posts
Likes Given: 193

You can go to your states DPS website under the concealed carry licensing section and you will find a list of states that honor your states CCP.

”The world is filled with violence. Because criminals carry guns, we decent law-abiding citizens should also have guns. Otherwise they will win and the decent people will lose.”
~James Earl Jones