Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f17/)
-   -   Concealed carry lawbreakers in TX (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f17/concealed-carry-lawbreakers-tx-105508/)

JWagner 03-26-2014 11:34 PM

Concealed carry lawbreakers in TX
 
Law enforcement in Texas keeps stats on how often concealed carry license holders get caught up in criminal activity. Here are the numbers:

https://www.txdps.state.tx.us/rsd/chl/reports/convrates.htm

Axxe55 03-26-2014 11:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JWagner (Post 1541004)
Law enforcement in Texas keeps stats on how often concealed carry license holders get caught up in criminal activity. Here are the numbers:

https://www.txdps.state.tx.us/rsd/chl/reports/convrates.htm

thanks for posting that. i only viewed the last three years provided, but of all of them i looked at, less than 1% of CHL holders commit criminal acts.

WonderingMind 03-26-2014 11:57 PM

Amazing how the people the Progressives fear the most are the most law abiding.

c3shooter 03-27-2014 12:24 AM

Pretty impressive- considering that in Texas, saying anything nice about Oklahoma is a misdemeanor....:D

JW357 03-27-2014 12:54 AM

Very impressive.

I wonder if all states track this data.

SSGN_Doc 03-27-2014 02:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by c3shooter (Post 1541053)
Pretty impressive- considering that in Texas, saying anything nice about Oklahoma is a misdemeanor....:D

My mom liked the musical Oklahoma.

It's a good thing I didn't write the musical. There would have only been one song and it would have been pretty short.

O------klahoma, sucks. Thank you and good night.

Axxe55 03-27-2014 03:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JW357 (Post 1541078)
Very impressive.

I wonder if all states track this data.

JW, if i had to guess, and this purely a guess with nothing to support this opinion as far as facts or proof, i think most any states with CC would rate very similiar in the figures as Texas does.

kbd512 03-27-2014 04:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by c3shooter (Post 1541053)
Pretty impressive- considering that in Texas, saying anything nice about Oklahoma is a misdemeanor....:D

We're working on making that carry a jail sentence along with it.

buckhuntr 03-27-2014 01:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by c3shooter (Post 1541053)
Pretty impressive- considering that in Texas, saying anything nice about Oklahoma is a misdemeanor....:D

Ditto in Oklahoma... or is that a felony here? :confused:

buckhuntr 03-27-2014 01:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SSGN_Doc (Post 1541165)
My mom liked the musical Oklahoma.

It's a good thing I didn't write the musical. There would have only been one song and it would have been pretty short.

O------klahoma, sucks. Thank you and good night.

Family lore has it that when my ancestors first came to Georgia in the 1850s, the parents and siblings of my direct ancestor proceeded on to Texas in a few years. My ancestor (wisely) stayed in Georgia with his wife and kids. Sometime later, his mother wrote to him that they had arrived in Texas, and for him NOT to follow (as was the original plan), because the trek was difficult and not worth it when they arrived. :p


All times are GMT. The time now is 06:02 PM.

Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.