Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > Concealed Carry Holster

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-13-2011, 09:45 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Concealed Carry Holster

Hi, im new here but wanted to tell you all about my new holster. It's made here in the U.S. and is well built. It's called versa carry and I'm loving it. They are inexpensive I think it was $20 including shipping and adds very little weight and almost no size to your gun. They have them available in many different sizes for your needs. I got mine off ebay but they have a website Home.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 08-13-2011, 10:06 PM   #2

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts
Likes Given: 2

sounds like you did well with your purchase. please stop by the Introduction page and intro. your self and let us know who you are.

Rigjumpr
Texas CHL Instructor, NRA Handgun Instructor,
Owner Operator- DefenderTX Concealed Handgun training
“American by birth Texan by the grace of God”
“Molon labe”
http://www.ebay.com/itm/151001455519?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p39 84.m1555.l2649

Old 08-14-2011, 09:50 AM   #3

Liked 18 Times on 12 Posts
Likes Given: 16

Necessity is the mother of all invention. I like the theory and philosophy of the product. I have always been told "never swim upstream" in regards to a firearm barrel. But its deffinately interesting.

"The Marines I have seen around the world have, the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds, the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. Thank God for the United States Marine Corps." Eleanor Roosevelt, 1945

Old 08-14-2011, 09:56 AM   #4

Liked 18 Times on 12 Posts
Likes Given: 16

On their website there is a page devoted to Safety Warnings. This is pulled off of the webpage:

•DO NOT use this product to carry any handgun with a live round in the chamber.

And they're based out of Texas. I thought you guys knew better than that out in the Lonestar State.

"The Marines I have seen around the world have, the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds, the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. Thank God for the United States Marine Corps." Eleanor Roosevelt, 1945

Old 08-14-2011, 10:26 AM   #5
+ TRES VERBO DICTUM +
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1599 Times on 832 Posts
Likes Given: 1288

VERY nice design.

>DO NOT use this product to carry any handgun with a live round in the chamber.<

I wonder if the prohibition against a chambered round is only because it would prevent the gun from being fully seated in the clip. Or risk pushing the round against the firing pin.

>In some case when deep concealment is desired a user can go up to the next size to achieve a deeper carry height.<

Which seems to indicate that the length of the barrel insert is not critical to the security of the carry.

They state >The picture below shows a Ruger LC9 in a Extra Small, Small, Medium, and Large.<, but none showed up on the web page.

Old 08-14-2011, 11:01 AM   #6
Devil's Advocate and Provocateur
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 1273 Times on 668 Posts
Likes Given: 591

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vincine
VERY nice design.

>DO NOT use this product to carry any handgun with a live round in the chamber.<

I wonder if the prohibition against a chambered round is only because it would prevent the gun from being fully seated in the clip. Or risk pushing the round against the firing pin.
This is a liability issue for the manufacturer. There is no cover over the trigger as in most standard holsters and in the heat of battle, someone is going to have an accidental discharge with a solid Kydex pin in the barrel, either causing the pistol to explode or the holster to shatter and fragment into the user, or both, should a round be carried in the chamber.

“Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem." (I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude.). Thomas Jefferson

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

-Edmund Burke, Loosely translated from Thoughts on the Cause of Present Discontents. (1770)

Old 08-14-2011, 01:33 PM   #7

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by michigan0626 View Post
On their website there is a page devoted to Safety Warnings. This is pulled off of the webpage:

•DO NOT use this product to carry any handgun with a live round in the chamber.

And they're based out of Texas. I thought you guys knew better than that out in the Lonestar State.

don't go there........

Rigjumpr
Texas CHL Instructor, NRA Handgun Instructor,
Owner Operator- DefenderTX Concealed Handgun training
“American by birth Texan by the grace of God”
“Molon labe”
http://www.ebay.com/itm/151001455519?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p39 84.m1555.l2649

Old 08-14-2011, 01:44 PM   #8

Liked 26 Times on 21 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by TekGreg View Post
This is a liability issue for the manufacturer. There is no cover over the trigger as in most standard holsters and in the heat of battle, someone is going to have an accidental discharge with a solid Kydex pin in the barrel, either causing the pistol to explode or the holster to shatter and fragment into the user, or both, should a round be carried in the chamber.
That's why safety's are put on handguns.

By design, when carried your pants and belt seem to be the trigger cover.

UPDATE: Vera Carry is working on an attachment that will cover the trigger guard and still remain ambidextrous.

I see a lightweight CC holster that would have a probable use in some carry situations of small caliber semi and wheel guns, and one's wardrobe selection doesn't matter.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!

"There is no hunting like the hunting of man, and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never care for anything else thereafter." - Hemingway

“The greatest ignorance is to reject something you know nothing about.”

Old 08-14-2011, 03:00 PM   #9
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 42 Times on 23 Posts
Likes Given: 53

I got one of these for my wife recently, and she's happy with it. Her carry gun is a Walther PPK/S.

"An armed society is a polite society." — Robert A. Heinlein

"After a shooting spree, they always want to take the guns away from the people who didn't do it. I sure as hell wouldn't want to live in a society where the only people allowed guns are the police and the military."
— William S. Burroughs

Old 08-14-2011, 03:56 PM   #10
Devil's Advocate and Provocateur
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 1273 Times on 668 Posts
Likes Given: 591

Quote:
Originally Posted by IGETEVEN

That's why safety's are put on handguns.

By design, when carried your pants and belt seem to be the trigger cover.

UPDATE: Vera Carry is working on an attachment that will cover the trigger guard and still remain ambidextrous.

I see a lightweight CC holster that would have a probable use in some carry situations of small caliber semi and wheel guns, and one's wardrobe selection doesn't matter.
IGETEVEN, Don't get me wrong, I wasn't trying to knock the holster or design in any way! It's just that, from training people, there is always that one person that, no matter how many times you tell them to keep their finger out of the trigger guard until on target or not to disengage the safety until pointed downrange, still insist on doing it all with the weapon still in their pants (much like their teenage dating life). I imagine that safety warning was added by their attorney just to keep the liability down.

I personally like the idea of this minimalist holster and am going to order a couple before it is spoiled by a ton of safety devices!

“Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem." (I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude.). Thomas Jefferson

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

-Edmund Burke, Loosely translated from Thoughts on the Cause of Present Discontents. (1770)