Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f17/)
-   -   Concealed Carry Holster (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f17/concealed-carry-holster-46794/)

sportsmanx2 08-13-2011 10:45 PM

Concealed Carry Holster

Hi, im new here but wanted to tell you all about my new holster. It's made here in the U.S. and is well built. It's called versa carry and I'm loving it. They are inexpensive I think it was $20 including shipping and adds very little weight and almost no size to your gun. They have them available in many different sizes for your needs. I got mine off ebay but they have a website Home.

rigjumpr 08-13-2011 11:06 PM

sounds like you did well with your purchase. please stop by the Introduction page and intro. your self and let us know who you are.

michigan0626 08-14-2011 10:50 AM

Necessity is the mother of all invention. I like the theory and philosophy of the product. I have always been told "never swim upstream" in regards to a firearm barrel. But its deffinately interesting.

michigan0626 08-14-2011 10:56 AM

On their website there is a page devoted to Safety Warnings. This is pulled off of the webpage:

•DO NOT use this product to carry any handgun with a live round in the chamber.

And they're based out of Texas. I thought you guys knew better than that out in the Lonestar State.

Vincine 08-14-2011 11:26 AM

VERY nice design.

>DO NOT use this product to carry any handgun with a live round in the chamber.<

I wonder if the prohibition against a chambered round is only because it would prevent the gun from being fully seated in the clip. Or risk pushing the round against the firing pin.

>In some case when deep concealment is desired a user can go up to the next size to achieve a deeper carry height.<

Which seems to indicate that the length of the barrel insert is not critical to the security of the carry.

They state >The picture below shows a Ruger LC9 in a Extra Small, Small, Medium, and Large.<, but none showed up on the web page.

TekGreg 08-14-2011 12:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vincine
VERY nice design.

>DO NOT use this product to carry any handgun with a live round in the chamber.<

I wonder if the prohibition against a chambered round is only because it would prevent the gun from being fully seated in the clip. Or risk pushing the round against the firing pin.

This is a liability issue for the manufacturer. There is no cover over the trigger as in most standard holsters and in the heat of battle, someone is going to have an accidental discharge with a solid Kydex pin in the barrel, either causing the pistol to explode or the holster to shatter and fragment into the user, or both, should a round be carried in the chamber.

rigjumpr 08-14-2011 02:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by michigan0626 (Post 562704)
On their website there is a page devoted to Safety Warnings. This is pulled off of the webpage:

•DO NOT use this product to carry any handgun with a live round in the chamber.

And they're based out of Texas. I thought you guys knew better than that out in the Lonestar State.

don't go there........

IGETEVEN 08-14-2011 02:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TekGreg (Post 562714)
This is a liability issue for the manufacturer. There is no cover over the trigger as in most standard holsters and in the heat of battle, someone is going to have an accidental discharge with a solid Kydex pin in the barrel, either causing the pistol to explode or the holster to shatter and fragment into the user, or both, should a round be carried in the chamber.

That's why safety's are put on handguns. ;)

By design, when carried your pants and belt seem to be the trigger cover.

UPDATE: Vera Carry is working on an attachment that will cover the trigger guard and still remain ambidextrous.

I see a lightweight CC holster that would have a probable use in some carry situations of small caliber semi and wheel guns, and one's wardrobe selection doesn't matter.

utf59 08-14-2011 04:00 PM

I got one of these for my wife recently, and she's happy with it. Her carry gun is a Walther PPK/S.

TekGreg 08-14-2011 04:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IGETEVEN

That's why safety's are put on handguns. ;)

By design, when carried your pants and belt seem to be the trigger cover.

UPDATE: Vera Carry is working on an attachment that will cover the trigger guard and still remain ambidextrous.

I see a lightweight CC holster that would have a probable use in some carry situations of small caliber semi and wheel guns, and one's wardrobe selection doesn't matter.

IGETEVEN, Don't get me wrong, I wasn't trying to knock the holster or design in any way! It's just that, from training people, there is always that one person that, no matter how many times you tell them to keep their finger out of the trigger guard until on target or not to disengage the safety until pointed downrange, still insist on doing it all with the weapon still in their pants (much like their teenage dating life). I imagine that safety warning was added by their attorney just to keep the liability down.

I personally like the idea of this minimalist holster and am going to order a couple before it is spoiled by a ton of safety devices!