Concealed Carry in Fl Heat? - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > Concealed Carry in Fl Heat?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-16-2011, 02:17 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by utf59

Keep the 32" pants if you're going to carry IWB. That'll add an inch or two to your waistline.
Very true and lot more comfortable when u got a lil space. Remeber comfort is key.

"Having the burden and responsibility of carrying a firearm is well worth my family and love ones safety. I practice for them, and a well trained and prepared man with his love ones on his mind is the most dangerous man." - JJ

Old 08-16-2011, 03:23 PM   #12
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Default montana

Quote:
Originally Posted by utf59 View Post
Keep the 32" pants if you're going to carry IWB. That'll add an inch or two to your waistline.
i live in montana every body carries not much crime here

Old 08-16-2011, 04:35 PM   #13

Liked 1419 Times on 808 Posts
Likes Given: 1290

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmzsuzuki89 View Post
I'm about to take my concealed carry class and looking on advice for a carry weapon. I've narrowed the caliber down to 45acp. Of the 45's I shot, I liked the XD45 Compact the best. But I'm worried about its conceal-ability in the Florida weather. I'm about 5'10" and 170ish lbs athletic build and rarely wear any kind of heavy clothing except for those unusually cold days in January. Mostly just a Guy Harvey or a Polo and cargo shorts.

So I'm looking for advice on a weapon that will be concealable for me. I plan on using the Supertuck IWB holster and I'll probably end up getting one of their belts as well.
Ft. Lauderdale was 95º/95% two days ago.

NO 1911, BHP, even in a Xbreed!

Elsie Ahrrrrrrr, mexican or pocket holster.

When you go to an IWB holster on the cooler days (upper 80s) you WILL need a horsehide version. They don't sop-up the humidity and are worth the up-charge down here in south Florida.

Before you cash out on the Xbreed Supertuck take a look at Tommy Theis' offerings. These holsters are far better in the fit and finish department.

Theisholsters.com | Products | Custom IWB Holsters

His prices are better and include shipping.

I am finishing up a two week test of my new Theis and will be posting a review soon. I can tell you that the Theis IWB Concealed Carry Holster is IMHO, the only IWB holster to use down here!

No matter what holster you get, be sure to order it with the Kydex Clips. I prefer the J-Clips, they hide better. The metal clips will ruin a good carry belt and many belts cost more than the holster!

http://i1060.photobucket.com/albums/...ps18cfbeae.jpg

Get her dirty, then clean her so she starts to respect you. When her trust is complete, she will serve you well for a lifetime!

"...if doves shot back, there wouldn't be a need for a bag limit."
- orangello

Old 08-16-2011, 05:27 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by danf_fl View Post
Welcome to the FTF!
I carry different ways. IWB, shoulder rig, OWB under a polo shirt, pocket, ankle.

Limiting yourself to 1 mode of carry is like limiting yourself to 1 pair of shoes, and loafers are not useful on the beach.

I have several firearms that I use for CCW. And I practice with each.
I'm thinking about the shoulder rig also after I get used to the IWB.

Quote:
Originally Posted by utf59 View Post
That's the plan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by canebrake View Post
Ft. Lauderdale was 95º/95% two days ago.

NO 1911, BHP, even in a Xbreed!

Elsie Ahrrrrrrr, mexican or pocket holster.

When you go to an IWB holster on the cooler days (upper 80s) you WILL need a horsehide version. They don't sop-up the humidity and are worth the up-charge down here in south Florida.

Before you cash out on the Xbreed Supertuck take a look at Tommy Theis' offerings. These holsters are far better in the fit and finish department.

Theisholsters.com | Products | Custom IWB Holsters

His prices are better and include shipping.

I am finishing up a two week test of my new Theis and will be posting a review soon. I can tell you that the Theis IWB Concealed Carry Holster is IMHO, the only IWB holster to use down here!

No matter what holster you get, be sure to order it with the Kydex Clips. I prefer the J-Clips, they hide better. The metal clips will ruin a good carry belt and many belts cost more than the holster!
After being shown that holster in another post, I'm probably gonna go that route. And definitely in horsehide.

Last edited by rmzsuzuki89; 08-16-2011 at 05:35 PM.

Old 08-23-2011, 12:19 PM   #15

Liked 163 Times on 115 Posts
Likes Given: 260

I have several modes of carry to cover the different types of weather/clothing needed. I have a Blackhawk Sepra, a Crossbreed type that is home made, and a new pocket/IWB Sticky holster.
I was never a fan of the nylon holsters but this Sticky holster works great in a cargo pocket or for IWB carry for my Kimber Ultra CDP II. I have been carrying with it for about three weeks now and my weapon has not moved out of position or slipped in any way yet, I am an automotive tech and do everything but stand on my head daily so I feel this is a fair test for this holster.

I can explain it to you but I can't make you understand it.

Old 08-23-2011, 01:34 PM   #16

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Your dilemma is why the Ruger LCP is so popular here in Florida. Sure, we'd all like to carry something with more punch, but given the clothing required to be comfortable in the sweltering heat a small pistol that fits easily into a pocket in our shorts is the logical choice.

I guess you could always surrender your man-card and get a man-bag or fanny pack for your .45.

Old 08-23-2011, 01:48 PM   #17

Liked 11 Times on 8 Posts

I live in North Florida and my kilt is the life saver for both the heat and CCW.

Your taste buds can't repel flavor of this magnitude!

Old 08-23-2011, 01:52 PM   #18

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toll13 View Post
I live in North Florida and my kilt is the life saver for both the heat and CCW.
Do you prefer a garter belt type holster or do you put it in the little purse thing that hangs in the front?

Old 08-23-2011, 01:55 PM   #19

Liked 11 Times on 8 Posts

Sporin for the traditional. Cargo pocket for the Utilikilt. I want to go IWB.

Your taste buds can't repel flavor of this magnitude!

Old 08-28-2011, 11:57 AM   #20

I'm not from Florida so I can't comment on the fashion but during the warm months i sport a leather belted hip hugger with an untucked shirt. It hides both a full frame m&p or compact very well...although I prefer the compacts. IWB is just to uncomfortable for me.