Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > Concealed carry consideration

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-08-2013, 06:44 AM   #11
Devil's Advocate and Provocateur
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1278 Times on 668 Posts
Likes Given: 592

Quote:
Originally Posted by JWSchramm

It's damn hard, and damn expensive. You better hope to live in a county that gives them. Most counties won't issue. I luckily live in one that issues, however it's more expensive in this county than others because they make you do a psych eval. Load of crock. Can't wait to get out of this state.
I have never heard of a psych eval for a CCW! I had to get one once for a job and the psychiatrist said he wished HE was as well-adjusted as I was! It really made me question his mental health...

“Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem." (I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude.). Thomas Jefferson

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

-Edmund Burke, Loosely translated from Thoughts on the Cause of Present Discontents. (1770)

axxe55 Likes This 
Old 06-08-2013, 06:50 AM   #12
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 3721 Times on 2281 Posts
Likes Given: 1224

Quote:
Originally Posted by TekGreg

I have never heard of a psych eval for a CCW! I had to get one once for a job and the psychiatrist said he wished HE was as well-adjusted as I was! It really made me question his mental health...
Haha poor guy. Yeah it's basically ridiculous. Oh another thing when getting a CCW permit here, it says on the forms to expect a visit from the cops so they can interview you, at your house. It also asks for references, and says they will be interviewed and they will also interview your neighbors.

This is seriously sounds like getting a security clearance...

Always have clean socks.

Old 06-08-2013, 12:03 PM   #13
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 6100 Times on 3346 Posts
Likes Given: 11721

Try on a Para Warthog. It has a good size. And it just looks like it would beat you up and take your lunch money.

image-2841352199.jpg  
Old 06-08-2013, 12:24 PM   #14
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1719 Times on 894 Posts
Likes Given: 3636

Yep. Nice looking gun.
A compact 1911 is a great choice.

Old 06-11-2013, 04:36 PM   #15

Liked 4571 Times on 2211 Posts
Likes Given: 1381

Quote:
Originally Posted by EWCBuckaroo View Post
Tack that has been my concern and trying to find a "happy medium" between something that fits and something concealable. It is a new concept for me to be concealed carry because I am so used to open carry. Military will do that to you I suppose.

Single stack was pretty much a given to keep the width down. If it takes more than that, you have back ups, if you use up your back ups well then you shouldn't have been there in the first place was my thoughts.

I appreciate both of your information and will keep it in mind. I am looking forward to getting back home (Afghanistan right now) and be able to actually put these babies in my hand at least and see how they feel. Been kind of a revolver man before and my pistol is a 1873 Cattleman .45 LC, just not something you carry around unless you are out on the range (cattle chasing range) or up in the hills.
Your Welcome!

Good Luck and be safe over there. Let us know when your back in CONUS, if you find any particular gun that you do like and give us the name/model, we will be able to list out several comparable models of the same size for consideration.

Tack

Old 06-12-2013, 01:21 AM   #16

Will do and I appreciate everyone's input.

Old 06-12-2013, 02:15 AM   #17

Liked 1616 Times on 944 Posts
Likes Given: 1894

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterMcCool View Post
Try on a Para Warthog. It has a good size. And it just looks like it would beat you up and take your lunch money.
an excellent pistol. The Companion in 45ACP is another great one form them. I have a Para LTC that I would to trade for anything. It's been with me for years now and I just keep liking it more.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.
Thomas Jefferson

Old 06-12-2013, 04:43 AM   #18

Liked 284 Times on 246 Posts

Springfield EMP
S&W chief's special
Star Firestar M45
Para Slim Hawg

Should come up with more but am blanking.

The Bersa really is a top notch gun too, but already mentioned, just wanted to give it dues.

XDs also seems like nice gun, but I don't do anything without a hammer and with how thin it is I don't believe you'll wind up liking the fit much.

Last edited by BeyondTheBox; 06-12-2013 at 04:55 AM.