Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f17/)
-   -   Concealed Carry Clothing (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f17/concealed-carry-clothing-83654/)

MattyT 02-07-2013 05:10 PM

Concealed Carry Clothing

I am considering getting my license and am new to everything. Are there certain types of clothing to avoid when carrying concealed? I am asking because I like to wear comfortable athletic clothing alot in public and I'm concerned the weapon print or bulge would be noticeable even in an inside the waistband holster. Am I wrong? Would I have to make different clothing choices when I want to carry or does it not matter?

HOSSFLY 02-07-2013 05:16 PM

Learn to conceal your weapon in the cloths you normally wear--
A good IWB holster is 90% of concealment ;)

thefourthD 02-07-2013 05:18 PM

No need to change the way you dress. There is a wonderful selection of holsters out there. You'll just have to try them and see what works for you.
Me- Most days I use a Remora IWB holster and carry at my 1 o'clock. Not every one likes the Remora holsters but they work great for how I carry.
Good luck

chuckusaret 02-07-2013 05:25 PM

Dockers, Tommy Bahama shirt and a Galco King Tuk or a CrossBreed Super Tuck.

IAlwaysCarry 02-07-2013 05:26 PM

Lots consider when deciding to conceal of course clothing/holster/how to carry among the rest. I like a Kydex material because it doesn't collapse when the weapon is unholstered. I wear an IWB at 4:00 under most types of pants (eg: dress, siut, jeans dockers etc). Depending on your build and the gun frame, you might need to go up a pant size to accomodate the thickness. I think most of us can say we a box full of holsters which looked good in the package but didn't perform the way we wanted them to. "Choose wisely grasshopper".

IAlwaysCarry 02-07-2013 05:50 PM

oh BTW. Don't wear a trench coat or safari vest in July. Great to conceal in the cooler weather. Sorta a give away in the summer.

BeyondTheBox 02-07-2013 06:51 PM

A bulge is just a bulge as long as it stays concealed.

dragunovsks 02-07-2013 08:38 PM

I didnt change my wardrobe when I started carrying, i carry a fullsize 1911 in a blackhawk serpa owb paddle. Usually a tshirt is enough to conceal my pistol but with some polo shirts i print a little.

BeyondTheBox 02-07-2013 09:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dragunovsks (Post 1128259)
I didnt change my wardrobe when I started carrying, i carry a fullsize 1911 in a blackhawk serpa owb paddle. Usually a tshirt is enough to conceal my pistol but with some polo shirts i print a little.

Yowza that's a bunch of gun to carry and conceal. But an awesome one at that!

Vincine 02-07-2013 09:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chuckusaret (Post 1127987)
Dockers, Tommy Bahama shirt and a Galco King Tuk or a CrossBreed Super Tuck.

I heard Hawaiian shirts are the next thing on the 'To be Banned' list. (Assault Loud Clothing Ban?)