Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > Concealed carry = Bad / Discreet Carry = Good -- Semantics

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-08-2010, 09:57 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

"Discreet Carry" does sound nicer than "Concealed Carry" but so freaking what!

To the anti's, it's still a gun!! (Now everybody gasp!)

Let's not fall prey to the word games of the left, it won't work. Plain speech works in our favor by showing us to be the straightforward, honest people that we are.

"To disarm the people is the most effectual way to enslave them."
- George Mason

Old 10-09-2010, 03:04 PM   #12

Quote:
I want the bad guy on the street to know I have a gun on me. If he knows I am carrying a gun he will most likely select someone else as their prey.

Quote:
Originally Posted by utf59 View Post
This is 100% true. It is also 100% true that if he doesn't select someone else, he will be prepared for you *and* your gun.
My belief is even an armed thug would rather attack an unarmed man. If the dirt bag knows you are armed and the defenseless person across the street is unarmed they will select the unarmed prey. These people don't want to put any extra effort into their form of robbery. If they were willing to put effort into obtaining money they would do something that would piss Al Sharpton off and get a damn job.

Old 10-09-2010, 03:39 PM   #13

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 1

If you want the bad guy to know you are armed, get a CCW t-shirt and bumper sticker. You can order them off Zazzle | Custom T-Shirts, Personalized Gifts, Posters, Art, and more. Find a design you like and you can have it put on anything, even a coffee mug or refrigerator magnet.

If you don't find any design you like, tell me what you want it to say or look like and I'll design it on zazzle and you can order it. I did a business logo t-shirt for KWGaryM and it's nice, they do a good job.

And the bad guy can be prepared for me and my gun, but I bet he doesn't know I have another gun he's not even suspecting in addition to the first gun. Either that or I'll just kick his ass for him and save my ammo.

Old 10-09-2010, 03:49 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by BunnyWabbit View Post
And the bad guy can be prepared for me and my gun, but I bet he doesn't know I have another gun he's not even suspecting in addition to the first gun. Either that or I'll just kick his ass for him and save my ammo.
Shooting them would be much more lady like. You can use each gold tooth as a target.

Old 10-12-2010, 02:00 PM   #15

i dont know anyone that will risk getting shot for a few bucks however... unless its some heroin fiend that dosnt care.....failure drills in that case :P

The Resident Vegan Hippie who loves guns

Old 10-13-2010, 05:02 PM   #16

Default Hooray !!

Good for Arizona ! Now if we could only have that in the rest of the nation including Pennsylvania, Philadelphia especially !

No Son of a Bitch ever won a War by Dying for His Country ! It's the Son of a Bitch who makes the Other Poor Bastard Die for His Country who Wins the War !

George S. Patton, General 3rd Army United States .

Old 10-13-2010, 07:51 PM   #17

Call me a slow minded back woods hillbilly but I was raised to speak my mind and make my point clear the first time! all these anti gunners need to put up or shut up!

Old 10-17-2010, 08:48 PM   #18

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElvisIsDead View Post
Quote:
I want the bad guy on the street to know I have a gun on me. If he knows I am carrying a gun he will most likely select someone else as their prey.
No, it just allows them to size up the situation and defeat your known defense. Ask any military planner about the element of surprise. If someone has selected you as a target, it is best not to have already shown them your ace in the hole...

Old 11-18-2010, 03:09 PM   #19

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by druryj View Post
I don't want the bad guy to know...until I decide to let him know.
I like your comment and couldn't agree more. Here in Iowa our new ccw law takes effect after the first of the year. It will allow all ccw permit holders to carry concealled or open and will also allow you to consume alcohal while carrying; just don't become intoxecated. I've had a ccw permit for over thirty years and at 72 yrs. young, I still carry all the time and shoot on a regular basis. A snub-nosed 38 in my front pants pocket works fine unless I carry my 1911 holstered and under a sport jacket. dogwalk

Old 11-18-2010, 08:40 PM   #20

Liked 15 Times on 11 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElvisIsDead View Post
Shooting them would be much more lady like. You can use each gold tooth as a target.
pawn the gold

i have seen the light