Concealed carry

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > Concealed carry

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-28-2011, 04:11 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Concealed carry

If I get a concealed carry permit can I carry two weapons on me at once?

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 12-28-2011, 04:27 PM   #2

Liked 1958 Times on 1030 Posts
Likes Given: 4286

Handgunlaw.us

Proud Supporter of USA Shooting

Old 12-28-2011, 04:28 PM   #3

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 8

State and local laws may vary, but often enough I do and legally can. But that's Georgia. You should check with your local gov to be sure. My thoughts are that if you have a malfunction, it could very well be quicker to draw a BUG as apposed to clearing the issue.

Old 12-28-2011, 04:47 PM   #4

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by DodgeThis View Post
State and local laws may vary, but often enough I do and legally can. But that's Georgia. You should check with your local gov to be sure. My thoughts are that if you have a malfunction, it could very well be quicker to draw a BUG as apposed to clearing the issue.
same for Texas: just say'n

Rigjumpr
Texas CHL Instructor, NRA Handgun Instructor,
Owner Operator- DefenderTX Concealed Handgun training
“American by birth Texan by the grace of God”
“Molon labe”
http://www.ebay.com/itm/151001455519?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p39 84.m1555.l2649

Old 12-28-2011, 04:53 PM   #5

Liked 9206 Times on 5058 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Yeah, a lot of this has to do with your local laws. Here in what I think is one of the greater states, a CCW covers any gun, however many of them I want to carry. Although, here your not allowed to have a loaded rifle in you truck during hunting season, to cut down on road hunting. I don't agree with that, but I don't keep a loaded rifle in my truck any way, I don't need it. I don't hunt from the road, and I don't have a ranch where I may need to pop a coyote. In my state I believe it also covers bowie knives, boot knives, katanas, battle axes, other things of that nature. But I think switch blades are a no go no matter what.

Old 12-29-2011, 01:23 AM   #6
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1007 Times on 605 Posts
Likes Given: 220

Check your state laws... Even to the point of talking to an attorney that knows the firearms laws in your state.

For some stupid reason in MI, there's a prevalent belief that you're only allowed two firearms, because it's the Concealed PISTOL License. Which makes absolutely zero sense, you're going to use that argument for ONE pistol, not two. BUT, the state law specifically says that plural applies in the singular, unless it specifically refers to the singular. While many LEO's will frequently tell people one or two is the max, it has not been tested in court. I know of at least one attorney that is chomping at the bit to take this one on.

Good luck!