Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > Concealed Carry!

View Poll Results: Concealed Carry Permits- Do you have one?
Yes...I have a permit. 387 76.03%
No....I don't have a permit. 32 6.29%
I am in the process of getting mine. 64 12.57%
Not an Option where I live. 26 5.11%
Voters: 509. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-08-2007, 03:06 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Concealed Carry!

Concealed Carry Permits.........who has one?

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 05-08-2007, 09:44 PM   #2

Liked 2056 Times on 827 Posts
Likes Given: 2706

I have one and carry all the time, we just had a killing of a young girl 18 years old and 5 months preg. Right next door in the parking lot last Sunday. I live next to the projects and would not be without my concealed pistol

Last edited by opaww; 05-08-2007 at 09:46 PM.

Old 05-09-2007, 01:16 AM   #3

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

just got mine on the 4th.

Old 05-10-2007, 06:31 PM   #4

I don't have a permit yet. Will be getting one very shortly. My stepdad and I will take the course together. Just waiting on his auto to come back from the gunsmith. Here if you take the course with a revolver you cannot carry and auto, but if you take the course with an auto you can carry a revolver as well.

Who are the militia? They consist of the whole people, except for a few public officials.
-George Mason, Framer of the Declaration of Rights, Virginia, 1776 , which became the basis of the U.S. Bill of Rights

Old 05-10-2007, 06:48 PM   #5

Default Keep it legal - get your CCW ASAP

While I feel any legal citizen has the right to possess and carry firearms, the realities are that you can end up in prison. Make it easy on yourself while you vote to get the bad politicians out of office. One day we might not need the permits.

Rule of thumb - don't trust ANYONE running for office that doesn't trust you with a firearm. Be a one issue voter.

Old 05-10-2007, 08:19 PM   #6

Liked 10 Times on 9 Posts
Likes Given: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by allmons View Post
While I feel any legal citizen has the right to possess and carry firearms, the realities are that you can end up in prison. Make it easy on yourself while you vote to get the bad politicians out of office. One day we might not need the permits.

Rule of thumb - don't trust ANYONE running for office that doesn't trust you with a firearm. Be a one issue voter.

I certainly do respect your opinion and your decisions. And I agree you can go to prison, for various reasons gun related or not. However very few Americans have gone to prison because they were legally carrying a gun whether that be concealed or open carry. Most conflicts involving a person carrying a legal gun for self-defense do not end in gun fire. A permit to carry a gun open carry or concealed carry is not a permit to use it. About the only relationship between concealed carry and shooting someone is, concealed carry provides a convenient option if the decision is made to shoot. It's always the person who does the shooting, not the concealed gun. On the other hand, to my knowledge, no one has ever been imprisoned for not carrying a gun and dieing at that hands of their attacker because they were not capable of defending themselves.

Everyone has a choice and should make up their own mind to carry a gun or not, most do not, I do carry and most of the time legally.

Old 05-10-2007, 09:17 PM   #7

Quote:
"How a politician stands on the Second Amendment tells you how he or she views you as an individual... as a trustworthy and productive citizen, or as part of an unruly crowd that needs to be lorded, controlled, supervised, and taken care of."

--Rep. Suzanna Gratia Hupp (TX)
Here's another quote - this one from Ted Nugent - that sums up carrying a weapon perfectly (IMO):
Quote:
"To my mind it is wholly irresponsible to go into the world incapable of preventing violence, injury, crime, and death. How feeble is the mindset to accept defenselessness. How unnatural. How cheap. How cowardly. How pathetic."

--Ted Nugent

Old 05-11-2007, 07:06 PM   #8

I'm an instructor trainer in MN and I spend the majority of my classroom time talking about the law and the pitfalls. Once we have that out of the way I make it very clear that if you are going to carry you need to have the proper mindset to defend yourself and others. You may have to pay the piper criminally and eat some costs in a civil trial but it sure beats have six feet of dirt over your head. And yes if I'm awake I'm carrying.

Old 05-13-2007, 11:51 PM   #9

In Italy she is allowed to all the healthy citizens of mind and without previous offences to possess weapons.
She is allowed everybody to possess weapons in his own house.
The law on the legitimate defense says:

1- It is not punishable who has committed the fact to be forces you to defend a proper right or other people's against the actual danger of an unfair offense.
2-In the anticipated cases of intrusion in her own house, the relationship of proportion subsists if someone present legitimately in one of the suitable places here it uses a weapon legitimately held or other fit mean with the purpose to defend:
a) the proper one or other people's life:
b) the proper good or other people's, when there is not escape and there is danger of aggression.
The disposition is also applied in the case in which the fact has happened where inside every other place a commercial, professional or entrepreneurial activity is practiced.

Last edited by sparalesto; 05-13-2007 at 11:53 PM.

Old 05-14-2007, 12:38 AM   #10

Liked 10 Times on 9 Posts
Likes Given: 32

Hi sparalesto,

Here in the US most of the self-defense laws are left to the individual states. Although some are similar, they all have some differences. For example in my home state of Arizona, our self-defense laws are very similar to yours with maybe the exception of "escape". We have no burden to find an escape, although other states in the US have such requirements.

Are you restricted from carrying a concealed weapon? If so do have any provisions for a permit to do so?