Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > Concealed Carry at 18

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-11-2010, 11:13 PM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 3

[QUOTE=JiroZero713;57786]Going to look in it more...but apparently there is a loop hole in Alabama where I can't buy pistols of course...BUT I can conceal carry them if I take a handgun course with an Alabama Sheriff or etc. I can only conceal carry if I'm in a high risk job of some sort...or I'm handling lots of money./QUOTE]

I know for a fact that you can get a concealed carry permit in Alabama at 18. The local top cop (Sheriff or Police Chief) has to sign off on it for you, and there is no "course".

There is in life perhaps one fleeting moment when the courage, dedication and resolve of one man gambling against all odds will alter the destiny of nations.

Old 08-16-2010, 03:18 AM   #22

Liked 10 Times on 7 Posts
Likes Given: 16

South dakota had the same "loophole" as that when i was 18, I jumped at the chance to carry concealed and did it until i moved to colorado when i was 20...

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."
Jimi Hendrix

Old 11-24-2011, 09:42 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgtdeath66 View Post
last i knew it was illegal for any persons to carry a handgun in the states. with the exception of military and leo. i wouldnt risk it for one reason only, lawyers. if you were to shoot someone and they had a damn good shark on the payroll your going to jail for attempted murder and assault with a deadly weapon as well as illegal carry of a firearm. but if it is true and you can get certified then hey.. more power to ya
OpenCarry.org - A Right Unexercised is a Right Lost! ...

Contrary to popular belief. You can carry a firearm pretty much anywhere in the US. Openly.

Also, the "Make my Day" law would apply to your exampled situation which would deem him/her to be "allowed" to "defend" him/herself if his/her life felt threatened. EG: Guy comes at you with a gun or a knife/other weapon putting your life in danger with an intent to kill (which is essentially every case unless the attacker shouts he's not going to kill you as he attacks which is hardly a defense in court if he was unprovoked).
Just thought I would drop in my two cents. :P

Old 11-25-2011, 01:04 AM   #24
Relax, y'all. It's not my blood. ~Me, Fallujah, 2005

Liked 9185 Times on 5049 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottG
Er... Ruger... this thread is over a year and a half old. Jiro's in the Navy now, don't think he's looking to carry at this time....
Hasn't he gone to Hawaii too, making an alabama carry thread completely moot?

Old 11-25-2011, 01:07 AM   #25

Liked 7546 Times on 3284 Posts
Likes Given: 1118

Wick, welcome to the forum. When you get a minute, drop by the intro thread and say howdy.

BTW, this thread is over two years old. By our well established customs, you are responsible for birthday card and cake.

And yes, you are correct- we have members from all over the world- some we have to educate.

What we have heah is.... failure to communicate.

Old 11-25-2011, 05:34 PM   #26

Yeah I know it's old [gives card and cake to thread]. I was looking up ages for CCW's and this was one of the top google searches. I didn't realize how old it was until after I posted and I didn't really see a reason to delete after posting so therefore, here I am :P lol

This post shouldn't really be called moot because, regardless of age of the thread, someone that could be similar to my case could come across it and use it to learn. I'm just saying

Old 11-25-2011, 06:35 PM   #27

North Dakota allows ccw at 18 that's were I got mine

Old 11-25-2011, 07:13 PM   #28
Deader Bears=Better Bears

Liked 5593 Times on 3290 Posts
Likes Given: 4680

Dead Bears, the only good kind.
GANDER MOUNTAIN OF HATTIESBURG, MS IS OVERPRICED, HAS LOUSY CUSTOMER SERVICE, & SELLS BEAT UP PISTOLS TO LITTLE OLD LADIES AS "NEW". :p

Old 11-26-2011, 09:12 PM   #29

Liked 33 Times on 25 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by stalkingbear
You are STILL attempting to twist the facts of HANDGUN and LONG GUN-carefully read the EXACT same statute you quoted-it says LONG GUN and says nothing about handgun. SURE I'll be delighted to get into the finer points of federal firearms law as applies to FFL holders AND private individuals. Remember when dealing with BATFE, the slightest miscalculation of interpetation or misread statute is what makes the difference between law abiding and illegal. Do you REALLY care to get into detailed discussion about firearms law with someone that DOES study firearms laws as hobby AND because I have to?
I like you! I've got Alto of questions about all the licenses I need I wanna have my own gunshop with an indoor range ...full auto weapons the whole nine yards. I'm 23 And live in Texas

Old 11-27-2011, 07:19 AM   #30

Jesus This was an epic bump of my old thread. Hahaha this is pre-navy me as well.

And yes I'm in Pearl now....no CCW here...farking stupid.