Firearm & Gun Forum -

Firearm & Gun Forum - (
-   Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection (
-   -   conceal weapon makarov (

pal3 01-20-2012 12:11 AM

conceal weapon makarov
I'm thinking of carrying a russian high capacity makarov 9x18.
would like some imput on this set up-good/bad?also some suggestion on getting some extra magazine.
thanks ;)

trip286 01-20-2012 12:15 AM

I researched the mak myself, was thinking about getting one for cc.
What I was able to find is that supposedly the hi cap maks aren't as reliable as the standard maks, but that was the only complaint I was able to find, and it didn't seem to be very well confirmed.

There are several guns with the same profile/shape, so some if the holsters for them should fit.

I do know a guy that carries a standard capacity mak for cc, he likes it and has no complaints.

HOSSFLY 01-20-2012 12:19 AM

Cant comment on the hi-cap but i owned a Russian Mak & was very impressed with it & the 9x18 round itself- I could double tap with it better than any handgun i ever had - Shud still have it :(

bigbomar4 01-20-2012 04:09 AM

Anouther option for a 9x18 is a cz82. They are pretty much the same size the only thing is that the cheapo russian milsurp ammo isnt always strong enough to rack the slide all the way. You have to use either czech milsurp or +p. I think if you could find a lighter recoil spring or worn out one it would do fine with the russian stuff or you could just deal with a double action trigger pull every once in a while.