Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f17/)
-   -   to conceal or not (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f17/conceal-not-69114/)

bleucheeseolive 07-27-2012 10:52 PM

to conceal or not

Going to be getting my carry permit soon and am debating on concealing or not. Live in TN so obviously I have the choice. I have beliefs but an curious as to how others feel about this.

Thanks

mountainman13 07-27-2012 10:57 PM

Welcome to FTF. I prefer concealed but must admit I wish I had the option for open.

sputnik1988 07-27-2012 10:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bleucheeseolive (Post 884208)
Going to be getting my carry permit soon and am debating on concealing or not. Live in TN so obviously I have the choice. I have beliefs but an curious as to how others feel about this.

Thanks

Welcome to FTF. Drop by the intro section when you get a chance.
Concealed is always better than open.

#1. Why waste your money on a permit if you're just gonna open carry anyway.

#2. Concealed means concealed... what benefit is there to showing everyone you are packing, I see none.

lbwar15 07-27-2012 10:58 PM

Not sure on the laws in TN. Are you asking if you should conceal or open carry?

gearhead396 07-27-2012 10:58 PM

If your getting your ccl use it at all times every as I said in a mother thread I have mine even at thanksgiving dinner ALWAYS BE PREPAIRED I am going to my grandfathers rosary at 6 and funeral as ball bearer tomorrow and will be carrying

HOSSFLY 07-27-2012 10:59 PM

Comes down to personal choice-
Really don't matter what WE think :o

canebrake 07-27-2012 11:03 PM

In a hypothetical situation where you are open carrying and I'm the bad guy; I'd shoot you first. :cool:

drvsafe 07-27-2012 11:13 PM

Is there a reason why you can't do both? I mean, not at the same time...or why NOT? :confused:

See, I'm from NJ, where the gun laws were written when Adam West was Batman (I love saying that) :mad:, so I am not familiar with the law in TN.

HOSSFLY 07-27-2012 11:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by drvsafe (Post 884252)
Is there a reason why you can't do both? I mean, not at the same time...or why NOT? :confused:

See, I'm from NJ, where the gun laws were written when Adam West was Batman (I love saying that) :mad:, so I am not familiar with the law in TN.

And Steve Reeves was Superman :D

luckyj 07-27-2012 11:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by canebrake
In a hypothetical situation where you are open carrying and I'm the bad guy; I'd shoot you first. :cool:

Agreed. Just because it is legal, doesn't make it a good idea (I know you didn't say that. That's just my opinion.). I open carry when I go to the farm, just to ward off squatters. In public though, I always go concealed for the exact reason that canebrake stated. In a perfect world it world, it would be a deterrent. But, we all know that is not nearly the case.