Conceal carrying - Page 3
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > Conceal carrying

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-21-2012, 05:36 PM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 643 Times on 398 Posts
Likes Given: 219

And that would be your definition. And yes, I feel comfortable with nine. But that is you and I. I have seen guns come from the factory with one mag which is 12 rounds, and one that is more than a dozen. And on a couple occasions one with fifteen and the other at 30.

“Every person's life is theirs by right. An individual's life can and must belong only to to himself, not to any society or community, or he is then but a slave.”

“If you are unwilling to defend your right to your own lives, then you are merely like mice trying to argue with owls. You think their ways are wrong. They think you are dinner.”

“Pity for the guilty is treason to the innocent."

“Not everyone is willing to embrace liberty; liberty requires not just effort, but risk. Some people choose to delude themselves and see their chains as protective armor.”

Old 10-21-2012, 06:09 PM   #22

Liked 162 Times on 93 Posts
Likes Given: 6

I don't let the antis influence what, when, and where I carry. I just look at a 33 round magazine for cc like hunting groundhogs with a .50. It will get the job done but it is bulky and unnecessary IMO

Old 10-21-2012, 06:36 PM   #23

Liked 5 Times on 3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eturnsdale

I would like to know where you heard this. Everything that Ive learned says that the average gun fight for cops lasts all of about four seconds from three to ten yards and involves every round in their mag.

Personally Im not one that feels the need to carry a 33 round mag. But the OP is not me.

I think that everyone chastizing him for his question really needs to take a step away from the computer, think about what you said, then begin smacking yourself in the back of the head until you "get it"

Carrying does not make you safe. It makes you feel safe because you are armed. The more practiced you are, the more safe you feel. Some people, in addition to the above carry multiple mags. It is not uncommon to know someone that is carrying a subcompact 9mm with three extra mags. How is it any different from what the OP is asking?

Anyone that honestly believes that they are going to be drawing pulling the trigger once or twice then holstering and calling the cops is deluding themselves. Yes it may on occasion happen. But by and large the trained person who finds themselves facing death will dump every round they have in their mag without even noticing it.

Safety is a feeling, not a reality. With that feeling there are levels of it. Which level an individual sits at is up to the individual, not the majority. If you feel comfortable carrying a five shot wheel gun great. But do not chastise someone for wanting more.

Then there is the likelyhood of turning someone away from carrying because of the inane comments. That we can not afford.

Anyway. To the OP's question. Like others said, it is going to depend on your state's laws. Find out if it is first legal. Then figure out if it is feasible. If you really want to, then I am sure you can find a way. But I am also sure that you would have to drastically change your style of dress to do so.
Take a look at this report... It shows one example of the typical number of rounds fired in a gunfight. This is just one example, I was able to find many more in a Google search with similar results.
http://www.nyc.gov/html/nypd/downloads/pdf/public_information/2007_firearms_discharge_report.pdf
image-3551176613.jpg  

Old 10-21-2012, 11:57 PM   #24

Thanks for the info. Ive only been able to scan it, but it seems to include NDs as well as shoots. Though I can't say that with certainty yet as I havent read through everything as of yet.

“Every person's life is theirs by right. An individual's life can and must belong only to to himself, not to any society or community, or he is then but a slave.”

“If you are unwilling to defend your right to your own lives, then you are merely like mice trying to argue with owls. You think their ways are wrong. They think you are dinner.”

“Not everyone is willing to embrace liberty; liberty requires not just effort, but risk. Some people choose to delude themselves and see their chains as protective armor.”

Old 10-21-2012, 11:58 PM   #25

Liked 9208 Times on 5058 Posts
Likes Given: 74

If it does include NDs...
Well duh. I've only personally known of one ND that fired more than one round. It was a machine gun.

Old 10-22-2012, 12:32 AM   #26

Liked 2394 Times on 1490 Posts
Likes Given: 51

Troll post. Reporting.

Oh dern....

Revelation 19:11

And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse; and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he doth judge and make war.

Old 10-22-2012, 12:47 AM   #27

Who KY?

And I am still reading it. But it does say in the report that many officers had more than one ND, so those numbers were included. So if an officer had one ND on Monday, and then another ND on Tuesday he would go under the two shots list.

Old 10-22-2012, 12:48 AM   #28

Liked 2394 Times on 1490 Posts
Likes Given: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eturnsdale
Who KY?

And I am still reading it. But it does say in the report that many officers had more than one ND, so those numbers were included. So if an officer had one ND on Monday, and then another ND on Tuesday he would go under the two shots list.
No the op not trip.

Oh dern....

Revelation 19:11

And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse; and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he doth judge and make war.

Old 10-22-2012, 01:02 AM   #29
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 9763 Times on 4200 Posts
Likes Given: 1537

Ladies and germs- we have passed the dead horse stage here- now you are beating GLUE.

To the original poster- concealed weapon laws are STATE laws, and vary state to state. You need to check YOUR state to see what it says.

And a 33 round magazine will be very heavy when loaded and very bulky- and frequently, not 100.0000% reliable.

What we have here is... failure- to communicate.

Closed Thread