Conceal carrying - Page 2
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > Conceal carrying

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-21-2012, 02:29 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 5009 Times on 2429 Posts
Likes Given: 1601

Op,

You will discover that a 33 round mag is cumbersome and nearly impossible to conceal. The grip length of any sidearm is the most difficult part to hide.

Many folks do carry "higher capacity" back up mags while charging the gun with a standard mag.

Consult state law to ensure your not in one of the LIBTARD areas where capacity may be limited to 10.

Tack

Old 10-21-2012, 02:53 PM   #12

Liked 134 Times on 109 Posts
Likes Given: 43

Unless you are caught in a riot, you won't need a 32 shot magazine. I have a bag for my 32 shot magazine I carry in my toolbox. I keep the 32 shot mag loaded with plinking ammo. If a fine opportunity for target shooting arises I have the 32 shot mag to have a lot of fun with and save my more expensive SD ammo for SD.

"I do not aim with my hand; I aim with my eye. He who aims with his hand has forgotten the face of his father.
I do not shoot with my hand; I shoot with my mind. He who shoots with his hand has forgotten the face of his father.
I do not kill with my gun; I kill with my heart. He who kills with his gun has forgotten the face of his father."

Adopt a pet!! http://www.aspca.org/ Some of the finest pleasure horses come from here: http://www.canterusa.org/

Old 10-21-2012, 03:08 PM   #13

Liked 643 Times on 398 Posts
Likes Given: 219

Quote:
Originally Posted by themike13 View Post
The average rounds used by a police officer in a gunfight is less than 5 rounds. So, as a civilian I think a 10 round mag is more than sufficient... Unless you just love being called one of the names listed in a previous post above. (I would officially like to add "douche" to that list)
I would like to know where you heard this. Everything that Ive learned says that the average gun fight for cops lasts all of about four seconds from three to ten yards and involves every round in their mag.

Personally Im not one that feels the need to carry a 33 round mag. But the OP is not me.

I think that everyone chastizing him for his question really needs to take a step away from the computer, think about what you said, then begin smacking yourself in the back of the head until you "get it"

Carrying does not make you safe. It makes you feel safe because you are armed. The more practiced you are, the more safe you feel. Some people, in addition to the above carry multiple mags. It is not uncommon to know someone that is carrying a subcompact 9mm with three extra mags. How is it any different from what the OP is asking?

Anyone that honestly believes that they are going to be drawing pulling the trigger once or twice then holstering and calling the cops is deluding themselves. Yes it may on occasion happen. But by and large the trained person who finds themselves facing death will dump every round they have in their mag without even noticing it.

Safety is a feeling, not a reality. With that feeling there are levels of it. Which level an individual sits at is up to the individual, not the majority. If you feel comfortable carrying a five shot wheel gun great. But do not chastise someone for wanting more.

Then there is the likelyhood of turning someone away from carrying because of the inane comments. That we can not afford.

Anyway. To the OP's question. Like others said, it is going to depend on your state's laws. Find out if it is first legal. Then figure out if it is feasible. If you really want to, then I am sure you can find a way. But I am also sure that you would have to drastically change your style of dress to do so.

“Every person's life is theirs by right. An individual's life can and must belong only to to himself, not to any society or community, or he is then but a slave.”

“If you are unwilling to defend your right to your own lives, then you are merely like mice trying to argue with owls. You think their ways are wrong. They think you are dinner.”

“Pity for the guilty is treason to the innocent."

“Not everyone is willing to embrace liberty; liberty requires not just effort, but risk. Some people choose to delude themselves and see their chains as protective armor.”

People Like This 
Old 10-21-2012, 04:12 PM   #14

Liked 160 Times on 113 Posts

Were not trying to turn anybody away from carrying but Lord forbid something happens and this guy ends up on the nightly news with a 33 round mag stuffed down his pants. Just more ammo for the liberal anti guns and a tarnish on responsible ccw holders. As for the OP I would recommend carrying one or two extra mags (standard capacity) there are plenty of double stacks that allow 14-17 rounds of whatever type of ammo.

Old 10-21-2012, 04:45 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by potentialglock View Post
Were not trying to turn anybody away from carrying but Lord forbid something happens and this guy ends up on the nightly news with a 33 round mag stuffed down his pants. Just more ammo for the liberal anti guns and a tarnish on responsible ccw holders. As for the OP I would recommend carrying one or two extra mags (standard capacity) there are plenty of double stacks that allow 14-17 rounds of whatever type of ammo.
That will happen even if he defends himself with a two shot derringer. You may not be trying to turn anyone away from carrying, but the closed minded berating does just that in many cases.

“Every person's life is theirs by right. An individual's life can and must belong only to to himself, not to any society or community, or he is then but a slave.”

“If you are unwilling to defend your right to your own lives, then you are merely like mice trying to argue with owls. You think their ways are wrong. They think you are dinner.”

“Not everyone is willing to embrace liberty; liberty requires not just effort, but risk. Some people choose to delude themselves and see their chains as protective armor.”

JonM Likes This 
Old 10-21-2012, 05:19 PM   #16

Liked 293 Times on 233 Posts
Likes Given: 34

Sound like someone has watched to many gansta shoot out moves. If you just gota have more rounds for your glock 17carry a couple extra 17 round mags. hard enought to conceal the g17 by it self. Kinda hard to hide a 33 round mag even if legal period. Might be concedered a club . HA

Old 10-21-2012, 05:24 PM   #17

Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eturnsdale

I would like to know where you heard this. Everything that Ive learned says that the average gun fight for cops lasts all of about four seconds from three to ten yards and involves every round in their mag.

Personally Im not one that feels the need to carry a 33 round mag. But the OP is not me.

I think that everyone chastizing him for his question really needs to take a step away from the computer, think about what you said, then begin smacking yourself in the back of the head until you "get it"

Carrying does not make you safe. It makes you feel safe because you are armed. The more practiced you are, the more safe you feel. Some people, in addition to the above carry multiple mags. It is not uncommon to know someone that is carrying a subcompact 9mm with three extra mags. How is it any different from what the OP is asking?

Anyone that honestly believes that they are going to be drawing pulling the trigger once or twice then holstering and calling the cops is deluding themselves. Yes it may on occasion happen. But by and large the trained person who finds themselves facing death will dump every round they have in their mag without even noticing it.

Safety is a feeling, not a reality. With that feeling there are levels of it. Which level an individual sits at is up to the individual, not the majority. If you feel comfortable carrying a five shot wheel gun great. But do not chastise someone for wanting more.

Then there is the likelyhood of turning someone away from carrying because of the inane comments. That we can not afford.

Anyway. To the OP's question. Like others said, it is going to depend on your state's laws. Find out if it is first legal. Then figure out if it is feasible. If you really want to, then I am sure you can find a way. But I am also sure that you would have to drastically change your style of dress to do so.
Ditto! +1 ! What he said!

Old 10-21-2012, 05:25 PM   #18

Liked 2182 Times on 1472 Posts
Likes Given: 1191

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eturnsdale View Post
That will happen even if he defends himself with a two shot derringer. You may not be trying to turn anyone away from carrying, but the closed minded berating does just that in many cases.
I call total bullspit on that-
Defend yourself with a "normal" capacity handgun --Defend yourself with a very very high capacity handgun ------
Which one is going to be "assualt weapon" fodder for anti gun nuts
I also agree that carrying a 33rd mag is just----well----nonsense

Texan By Birth & Choice
USMC/VIET NAM VET

Old 10-21-2012, 05:30 PM   #19

Define normal capacity magazine please. You will find that the definition varies with who you ask.

Every time I hear about a defensive shooting I also hear the antigun lobby crying for more gun laws.

Around newyears this year, there was a young widowed mother in Oklahoma that killed a man with a shotgun who broke into her home. The antigun lobby went after her with a vengeance. It wasn't a short barreled tactical shotgun with an extended tube. It was from what I read a double barrel shotgun.

It does not matter what you carry, how many rounds it can hold, or what the caliber is. The antigun lobby will go after you. So worrying about it is moot.

Old 10-21-2012, 05:33 PM   #20

Liked 9208 Times on 5058 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eturnsdale
Define normal capacity magazine please. You will find that the definition varies with who you ask.

Every time I hear about a defensive shooting I also hear the antigun lobby crying for more gun laws.

Around newyears this year, there was a young widowed mother in Oklahoma that killed a man with a shotgun who broke into her home. The antigun lobby went after her with a vengeance. It wasn't a short barreled tactical shotgun with an extended tube. It was from what I read a double barrel shotgun.
Normal capacity would be whatever comes from the factory with the gun I guess. Us with 1911's seem to feel pretty confident with only 7-8 rounds, don't we?

Closed Thread