Conceal carry for Illinois? - Page 4
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > Conceal carry for Illinois?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-18-2011, 11:09 PM   #31
RIP my good and faithful dog.
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 7319 Times on 4403 Posts
Likes Given: 8987

Quote:
Originally Posted by winds-of-change View Post
I know it is only a matter of time before the stubborn politicians in Illinois must let us conceal carry in this state. I suspect something is going to give........and give pretty soon. I hope if this Illinois H.R. 822 happens, JonM will help me get it all organized to get my conceal carry permit up in Wisconsin. I am already looking for a conceal carry gun. I don't think I would CC very often but there will be some rare occassions when I would like to. Let's hope this is a go for us in Illinois.

Rep. Johnson Bill Broadens Conceal-Carry | Publius Forum
Quote:
Originally Posted by JonM View Post
well you need politicians that actually care about the people instead of the unions and criminals they get their campaign money from...

the issue illinoise has is the chicago crime machine that spawned obama. the people have to care enough to elect officials that are not tied to payola. it finally happened in wisconsin. i dont think its going to happen in il. mainly because chicago much like san francisco, la, and san diego have too many worknots voting to elect whomever promises them the next handout.

Like I said before, Jon, if this bill passes, I'm looking to you to help me get a cc permit in Wisconsin that I could use here in Illinois should I ever feel the need.

Old 11-18-2011, 11:13 PM   #32
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 5797 Times on 3027 Posts
Likes Given: 397

Quote:
Like I said before, Jon, if this bill passes, I'm looking to you to help me get a cc permit in Wisconsin that I could use here in Illinois should I ever feel the need.
you would need an illinoise permit to carry there. as far as i know every ccw law requires the resident of a state to have their home state's permit in ordr to carry in that state. you can get a utah permit now and carry in just about every state other than your home state. wisconsin does not offer ccw licensing to non-residents.

for example if i did not have my ccw license in wisconsin but instead had a utah permit i wouldnt be able to ccw here legally as im a resident of wisconsin and need a wisconsin permit.

i can still get a utah for example and my wis one and both would be honored in other states but wisconsin would only recognize my wis permit. if that makes sense.

one other thing. i would strongly recomend looking into a non resident license from a instructor even if you dont plan on carrying. im a big proponent of knowing use of force if you have a gun that stays in the safe 99.9% of the time

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Last edited by JonM; 11-18-2011 at 11:18 PM.

Old 11-19-2011, 03:08 AM   #33
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Quote:
you would need an illinoise permit to carry there. as far as i know every ccw law requires the resident of a state to have their home state's permit in ordr to carry in that state. you can get a utah permit now and carry in just about every state other than your home state. wisconsin does not offer ccw licensing to non-residents.

for example if i did not have my ccw license in wisconsin but instead had a utah permit i wouldnt be able to ccw here legally as im a resident of wisconsin and need a wisconsin permit.

i can still get a utah for example and my wis one and both would be honored in other states but wisconsin would only recognize my wis permit. if that makes sense.

one other thing. i would strongly recomend looking into a non resident license from a instructor even if you dont plan on carrying. im a big proponent of knowing use of force if you have a gun that stays in the safe 99.9% of the time
Read the link I posted. This bill would permit Illinois residents to get a CC permit in a neighboring state and be legal to CC in Illinois, following all the rules of the state the permit was issued in.

What do you mean by what I bolded in your quote. And no, my guns don't sit in the safe 99% of the time. I let them out to sit in my lap while I watch TV sometime.

Old 11-19-2011, 03:12 AM   #34

Liked 6 Times on 3 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Even then you still have to contend with that idiotic federal 1000 feet gun free school zone law that ensures mass murders have a no risk target rich environment.
There is an exception in the federal law for people licensed by the state to carry a gun. A CHL allows you to ignore the 1000 ft from schools gun free zone. State laws still apply. CC states would still have to deal with the 1000 yard restriction, which is rediculous since you can't hardly leave the house without going within 1000 feet of a school.

Old 11-19-2011, 04:16 AM   #35

Liked 360 Times on 224 Posts
Likes Given: 167

Quote:
Read the link I posted. This bill would permit Illinois residents to get a CC permit in a neighboring state and be legal to CC in Illinois, following all the rules of the state the permit was issued in.

What do you mean by what I bolded in your quote. And no, my guns don't sit in the safe 99% of the time. I let them out to sit in my lap while I watch TV sometime.
Although I hate the state of Illinois for a number of reasons having the federal government make a state do something it doesn't want to is why we have some of the problems we do. The National Concealed Carry act also affects other states in a negative way and Constitutional Carry. I think we all know that HR 822 is not going to pass the Senate which also pisses me off because these politicians are just providing lip service to get reelected and have their friends get elected. Plus I think the state would take it to court. Guess we will have to wait and see.

"Regardless of whether justified of not, you will feel sad about killing another human being. It is better to be sad than to be room temperature." - Joe B Fricks.

Member:
01 FFL, GOFFA, NRA, GOA, IAVA, VFW, ABATE of Iowa D15.

Old 11-19-2011, 04:18 AM   #36

Liked 360 Times on 224 Posts
Likes Given: 167

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texanbybirth View Post
There is an exception in the federal law for people licensed by the state to carry a gun. A CHL allows you to ignore the 1000 ft from schools gun free zone. State laws still apply. CC states would still have to deal with the 1000 yard restriction, which is rediculous since you can't hardly leave the house without going within 1000 feet of a school.
Ha I live 500 feet from a school, guess I can't walk out the door now. I always abide by that law though

"Regardless of whether justified of not, you will feel sad about killing another human being. It is better to be sad than to be room temperature." - Joe B Fricks.

Member:
01 FFL, GOFFA, NRA, GOA, IAVA, VFW, ABATE of Iowa D15.

Old 11-19-2011, 04:41 AM   #37
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverado113 View Post
Guess we will have to wait and see.
Basically, this is what it all boils down to.