Conceal carry for Illinois? - Page 3
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > Conceal carry for Illinois?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-18-2011, 12:15 PM   #21
RIP my good and faithful dog.
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 8150 Times on 4875 Posts
Likes Given: 10512

Quote:
Originally Posted by DougB View Post
I read this post a while back and have unsuccessfully searched for it......can't find it. Would somebody please post the URL if you can locate it?

Thanks!
Cane took it down and is rewriting it. There were some parts of it some had complaints about but I thought it was perfect as it sat. I searched for it, too, like crazy. Then I PM'd Cane and asked him where it was at. That's when I learned he took it down for some rewriting of it. It will absolutely floor you. It was excellently written, in my opinion. It made me think of the choices I would have to make in a very stressful moment and it was then I decided I might not be ready for conceal carry.

Old 11-18-2011, 01:25 PM   #22

Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by winds-of-change View Post
Cane took it down and is rewriting it. There were some parts of it some had complaints about but I thought it was perfect as it sat. I searched for it, too, like crazy. Then I PM'd Cane and asked him where it was at. That's when I learned he took it down for some rewriting of it. It will absolutely floor you. It was excellently written, in my opinion. It made me think of the choices I would have to make in a very stressful moment and it was then I decided I might not be ready for conceal carry.
Yes....I thought it was VERY well done originally too. Had a buddy that I mentioned it to and wanted a copy.

Made a guy "dig deep" in his thought process and made me think, "Is this the right thing for me to do?"

"Be A Good Listener. Your Ears Will Never Get You In Trouble"

Old 11-18-2011, 02:01 PM   #23
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 6345 Times on 3363 Posts
Likes Given: 469

Quote:
Originally Posted by michigan0626 View Post
I am just trying to get people to use cc when they refer to concealed carry. And use CC for Constitutional Carry- the carrying of a firearm, either open or concealed without a license or permit. Vermont has had this forever. Alaska had it since 2003. Arizona adopted in 2010 and Wyoming adopted in 2011. Since Arizona and Wyoming started the recent push for Constitional Carry I proposed that we reference it here in caps as a sign of importance towards what I believe is the ultimate goal for gun rights, Constitutional Carry nationwide.
That map is wrong wisconsin has had constitutional carry since the state was created. It was just open carry. Even now you can still open carry without a permit.

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

"I crapped my pants to avoid the draft!!" -Ted Nugent

Old 11-18-2011, 04:46 PM   #24
fmj

Liked 753 Times on 437 Posts
Likes Given: 306

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonM View Post
That map is wrong wisconsin has had constitutional carry since the state was created. It was just open carry. Even now you can still open carry without a permit.
I believe CC is open or concealed at CITIZENS discretion.

The 1911: Turning useless trash into good fertilizer for over 100 years!!

Old 11-18-2011, 04:49 PM   #25
fmj

Liked 753 Times on 437 Posts
Likes Given: 306

Quote:
Well, I guess I mean whenever I go into Chicago I would carry if I could. I am not comfortable in big cities and event he 'safe' parts of Chicago make me nervous.

I am very, VERY afraid I would have to shoot someone. I don't know if I'm mentally ready for that yet. I struggle with my ability to conceal carry or not. Also, I'm afraid I won't use good judgement.

Cane had an EXCELLENT, very thought provoking article about what one should know before one decides to conceal carry. He brought up many, MANY points I had never thought about. He is rewriting it and will post it again soon. I need to read it again and see if I've progressed any.
Just because your outin the boonies or in a small town does NOT make one safe...crime and criminals are everywhere.

But yes, one must look long and hard at their decision to carry and the ramifications thereof. I am glad you understand this and have thought about it. Too few do.

The 1911: Turning useless trash into good fertilizer for over 100 years!!

Old 11-18-2011, 08:28 PM   #26
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by fmj View Post
I believe CC is open or concealed at CITIZENS discretion.
thats correct. in wisconsin you dont need a permit or training to OC. just be old enough to legally purchase a handgun (21), you must also not be a prohibited person to posess a handgun, and be sure you dont violate federal school zone laws.

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Old 11-18-2011, 09:00 PM   #27

Liked 17 Times on 13 Posts
Likes Given: 3

I'm a 59 year old male who lived in Illinois for 38 years. I stand a better chance of being 75 and pregnant with twin girls before IL. allows its subjects to conceal a handgun.

Old 11-19-2011, 12:01 AM   #28
RIP my good and faithful dog.
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 8150 Times on 4875 Posts
Likes Given: 10512

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennis845 View Post
I'm a 59 year old male who lived in Illinois for 38 years. I stand a better chance of being 75 and pregnant with twin girls before IL. allows its subjects to conceal a handgun.
Oh, mygod. Great post. LOL

But seriously, I think the pressure is on and the politicians are going to be squeezed pretty hard by that pressure.

Old 11-19-2011, 12:04 AM   #29

Liked 1147 Times on 743 Posts
Likes Given: 2031

Quote:

But seriously, I think the pressure is on and the politicians are going to be squeezed pretty hard by that pressure.
Lets hope so , Nothing like being the victim of Illinois

Old 11-19-2011, 12:06 AM   #30
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Quote:

well you need politicians that actually care about the people instead of the unions and criminals they get their campaign money from...

the issue illinoise has is the chicago crime machine that spawned obama. the people have to care enough to elect officials that are not tied to payola. it finally happened in wisconsin. i dont think its going to happen in il. mainly because chicago much like san francisco, la, and san diego have too many worknots voting to elect whomever promises them the next handout.