Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > Conceal carry for Illinois?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-17-2011, 04:53 PM   #11
fmj
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 748 Times on 432 Posts
Likes Given: 306

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonewolf101 View Post
Arizona, Arkansas, California, Colorado, Connecticut, Georgia, Hawaii, Idaho, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maryland, Michigan, Minnesota, Montana, Nebraska, New Mexico, New York, North Carolina, North Dakota, Pennsylvania, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Washington, Wyoming, Puerto Rico, U.S. Virgin Islands

these are the States Wisconsin EXCEPTS.
Dont you mean ACCEPTS?!?

The 1911: Turning useless trash into good fertilizer for over 100 years!!

Old 11-17-2011, 05:07 PM   #12

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

oops!

Old 11-17-2011, 05:10 PM   #13
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 37 Times on 25 Posts
Likes Given: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by winds-of-change View Post
I know it is only a matter of time before the stubborn politicians in Illinois must let us conceal carry in this state. I suspect something is going to give........and give pretty soon. I hope if this Illinois H.R. 822 happens, JonM will help me get it all organized to get my conceal carry permit up in Wisconsin. I am already looking for a conceal carry gun. I don't think I would CC very often but there will be some rare occassions when I would like to. Let's hope this is a go for us in Illinois.

I really, really, REALLY think I want an LCR.

Rep. Johnson Bill Broadens Conceal-Carry | Publius Forum
If you can see places where you see need or would like to carry, I'd advise you to NOT go there. When you have CC, carry ALL THE TIME.....guilt for not having the gun when needed is heavier to carry than the gun.

Old 11-17-2011, 05:11 PM   #14
fmj

Liked 748 Times on 432 Posts
Likes Given: 306

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonewolf101 View Post
oops!
I guess we could file this one under the "proper grammar" thread, eh?

Lucky for you i'm not a grammar nazi!

The 1911: Turning useless trash into good fertilizer for over 100 years!!

Old 11-18-2011, 04:21 AM   #15
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 6144 Times on 3726 Posts
Likes Given: 7016

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimKS View Post
If you can see places where you see need or would like to carry, I'd advise you to NOT go there. When you have CC, carry ALL THE TIME.....guilt for not having the gun when needed is heavier to carry than the gun.
Well, I guess I mean whenever I go into Chicago I would carry if I could. I am not comfortable in big cities and event he 'safe' parts of Chicago make me nervous.

I am very, VERY afraid I would have to shoot someone. I don't know if I'm mentally ready for that yet. I struggle with my ability to conceal carry or not. Also, I'm afraid I won't use good judgement.

Cane had an EXCELLENT, very thought provoking article about what one should know before one decides to conceal carry. He brought up many, MANY points I had never thought about. He is rewriting it and will post it again soon. I need to read it again and see if I've progressed any.

Old 11-18-2011, 06:44 AM   #16

Liked 18 Times on 12 Posts
Likes Given: 16

Quote:
I know it is only a matter of time before the stubborn politicians in Illinois must let us conceal carry in this state. I suspect something is going to give........and give pretty soon. I hope if this Illinois H.R. 822 happens, JonM will help me get it all organized to get my conceal carry permit up in Wisconsin. I am already looking for a conceal carry gun. I don't think I would cc very often but there will be some rare occassions when I would like to. Let's hope this is a go for us in Illinois.

I really, really, REALLY think I want an LCR.

Rep. Johnson Bill Broadens Conceal-Carry | Publius Forum
fixed it, I dont think Illinois will ever get CC (Constitutional Carry)

"The Marines I have seen around the world have, the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds, the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. Thank God for the United States Marine Corps." Eleanor Roosevelt, 1945

Old 11-18-2011, 06:53 AM   #17
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 6144 Times on 3726 Posts
Likes Given: 7016

Quote:
Originally Posted by michigan0626 View Post
fixed it, I dont think Illinois will ever get CC (Constitutional Carry)
Thank you. I didn't know there were two CC/cc.

Hey, yeah, and since it's me......WoC.......I have a question.......

Can you explain to me the difference between CC and cc? Not just what the letters stand for but the legal differences.

Old 11-18-2011, 08:11 AM   #18

I am just trying to get people to use cc when they refer to concealed carry. And use CC for Constitutional Carry- the carrying of a firearm, either open or concealed without a license or permit. Vermont has had this forever. Alaska had it since 2003. Arizona adopted in 2010 and Wyoming adopted in 2011. Since Arizona and Wyoming started the recent push for Constitional Carry I proposed that we reference it here in caps as a sign of importance towards what I believe is the ultimate goal for gun rights, Constitutional Carry nationwide.

"The Marines I have seen around the world have, the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds, the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. Thank God for the United States Marine Corps." Eleanor Roosevelt, 1945

Old 11-18-2011, 08:13 AM   #19

Unrestricted carry - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

This has a list of states who are trying to pass legislation to get CC, and some states who tried but failed to get CC this year.

Old 11-18-2011, 10:24 AM   #20

Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Cane had an EXCELLENT, very thought provoking article about what one should know before one decides to conceal carry. He brought up many, MANY points I had never thought about. He is rewriting it and will post it again soon. I need to read it again and see if I've progressed any.
I read this post a while back and have unsuccessfully searched for it......can't find it. Would somebody please post the URL if you can locate it?

Thanks!

"Be A Good Listener. Your Ears Will Never Get You In Trouble"