Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > conceal carry holster

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-30-2013, 01:06 AM   #11
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 210 Times on 168 Posts
Likes Given: 116

I am very happy with my Old Faithful IWB hybrid holster for my Nano. I bought a quick assembly kit from them for less than $50.

Beretta 84FS .380 ACP
Ruger MKIII 22/45 Target .22LR

PWS (Primary Weapons Systems) MK114 5.56

Old 03-30-2013, 01:44 AM   #12

Liked 3 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by apwvsd40ve View Post
I have been researching holsters..specifically for conceal carry. I know there are many, many types..and I have also read the previous threads regarding carry and location. I guess my question is I see three possible carry options for me. Tuckable iwb at 3 or 4.....ISB...or outside waistband at 3 or 4. it seems that iwb seems to create a large waistline change on the side that it is concealed...but owb in either location has its challenges as there are times I have to tuck in a shirt. Looking for advice from those of you that have way more experience than I as I am soon to get my ccw.
I have applied for my CHL, but here in Texas, we only have conceal, no open. So I have looked at a lot of video reviews on different IWB holsters, but the thought of spending $50-90 and not liking it scares me. Then there's the question of one belt clip or two. I really don't want a box of holsters. I am not complaining about the cost of protection for self and family, but $540 for my G19, $70 for CHL, $100 for class in a couple of weeks, PLUS cost of ammo for, I'd like to get a holster that I'll use.

Old 03-30-2013, 02:23 AM   #13

Liked 135 Times on 122 Posts
Likes Given: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randyman59 View Post

I have applied for my CHL, but here in Texas, we only have conceal, no open. So I have looked at a lot of video reviews on different IWB holsters, but the thought of spending $50-90 and not liking it scares me. Then there's the question of one belt clip or two. I really don't want a box of holsters. I am not complaining about the cost of protection for self and family, but $540 for my G19, $70 for CHL, $100 for class in a couple of weeks, PLUS cost of ammo for, I'd like to get a holster that I'll use.
AMEN..that is exactly my point. As I mentioned...I have gained a lot of knowledge from the opinions and reviews here..so I am hoping that helps.

-AP

“The beauty of the Second Amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it.”
― Thomas Jefferson

“The constitution shall never be construed...to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms.”
― Alexander Hamilton

Old 03-30-2013, 12:30 PM   #14

Liked 42 Times on 36 Posts
Likes Given: 2

While you're researching your holster decision, think about including a good gun belt. That can make or break successful and comfortable concealed carry.

I carry a full-size XD-40 service in a CrossBreed SuperTuck Deluxe IWB holster, and I have a bullhide gunbelt from The Beltman. I opted for 3/4" hole spacing on the gunbelt, and I go up one belt hole when carrying.

If you tuck your shirt and "blouse" it over just a bit it pretty much covers up the bulge from the holster.

I've carried this way for years and, to my knowledge, no one has noticed...at least nothing has ever been said.

http://www.crossbreedholsters.com/

http://thebeltman.net/

XD-40 service, XD-9sc, member GeorgiaCarry.Org, National Rifle Association, Gun Owners of America, North American Hunting Club, Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation

apwvsd40ve Likes This 
Old 03-30-2013, 12:51 PM   #15

Liked 135 Times on 122 Posts
Likes Given: 33

While you're researching your holster decision, think about including a good gun belt. That can make or break successful and comfortable concealed carry.

I carry a full-size XD-40 service in a CrossBreed SuperTuck Deluxe IWB holster, and I have a bullhide gunbelt from The Beltman. I opted for 3/4" hole spacing on the gunbelt, and I go up one belt hole when carrying.

If you tuck your shirt and "blouse" it over just a bit it pretty much covers up the bulge from the holster.

I've carried this way for years and, to my knowledge, no one has noticed...at least nothing has ever been said.

http://www.crossbreedholsters.com/

http://thebeltman.net/

Thanks for this. I had thought about a better belt but did not of a good place to look. The belt that I use currently is not optimal for EDC.

-AP

“The beauty of the Second Amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it.”
― Thomas Jefferson

“The constitution shall never be construed...to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms.”
― Alexander Hamilton