conceal carry and driving...what do you do. - Page 6
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > conceal carry and driving...what do you do.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-30-2012, 10:15 PM   #51
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chainfire
I carry a full-size 1911 in a good IWB leather holster and have no issues with comfort while driving, or anywhere else.

I will say this though, last week I went to my daughters college graduation, and was skittish about being in a massive push and shove crowd (yep, at graduation) with the 1911, so I put a .380 in a cheap IWB holster, carried in the same place, and I was miserable all evening.
I wouldn't have changed the gun I would have carried it still just guard that spot when in a crowd

Old 05-01-2012, 12:42 AM   #52

Liked 1654 Times on 986 Posts
Likes Given: 361

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebelcowboy View Post
I wouldn't have changed the gun I would have carried it still just guard that spot when in a crowd
Where I was, it would not have been good to have someone bump their elbow into the larger pistol. In a building full of higher ed types, and in a place where the legality of carrying might have been an issue, I chose safe, rather than have my daughter see her dad carted off in cuffs on grad night.

That would have spoiled the mood.

"It is better to be too skeptical then too credulous"

Carl Sagan

Old 05-01-2012, 12:53 AM   #53

Liked 57 Times on 51 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Quote:
I carry a full-size 1911 in a good IWB leather holster and have no issues with comfort while driving, or anywhere else.

I will say this though, last week I went to my daughters college graduation, and was skittish about being in a massive push and shove crowd (yep, at graduation) with the 1911, so I put a .380 in a cheap IWB holster, carried in the same place, and I was miserable all evening.
Congrats to you and especially your daughter, you must be very proud.

Old 05-01-2012, 01:00 AM   #54

Liked 88 Times on 56 Posts

I carry my XD40 most times IWB and then often transfer it to the holster in the enclosed photo. Most times it really doesn't bother me at all keeping it concealed on my person unless I'm driving for a few hours.
This is right above my knee and easily accessible if needed.

image-30474912.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using FirearmsTalk

Old 05-01-2012, 02:03 AM   #55

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Quote:

Where I was, it would not have been good to have someone bump their elbow into the larger pistol. In a building full of higher ed types, and in a place where the legality of carrying might have been an issue, I chose safe, rather than have my daughter see her dad carted off in cuffs on grad night.

That would have spoiled the mood.
That's a good point and Congrats to u and ur daughter and y I'm thinking about it how do u like the 1911 I am thinking about a 92fs or a 1911 and both r comfortable in my hands but I'm not sure which I want most due to money issues its one or the other for now

Old 05-01-2012, 02:42 AM   #56

Liked 5007 Times on 2428 Posts
Likes Given: 1601

Carrying a gun is supposed to be comforting, not comfortable.

Clint Smith

Seriously, the more important question is "can I get to my weapon while seatbelted in my car?"

For most anyone carrying strong side that answer is NO.

This why my second gun comes out from the small of my back and into a seat holster that easily hidden under a baseball cap.

Tack

Old 05-01-2012, 03:05 AM   #57

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tackleberry1
Carrying a gun is supposed to be comforting, not comfortable.

Clint Smith

Seriously, the more important question is "can I get to my weapon while seatbelted in my car?"

For most anyone carrying strong side that answer is NO.

This why my second gun comes out from the small of my back and into a seat holster that easily hidden under a baseball cap.

Tack
Tack u r right but I'm not talking about it being carried on me I'm talking in comfort of holding on my hand and knowing that I can use it when needed as far as carrying I will always give up comfort for comforting to know I can defend myself I'm just trying to find out if I should go 1911 or 92 and I was wondering about chains 1911 and his insight on it

Old 05-01-2012, 03:06 AM   #58

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

But ur insight is very welcomed also