comparing glocks... - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > comparing glocks...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-11-2008, 10:05 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts

I can conceal my G19 almost as well as my G27. All it takes is a slight adjustment, moving my holster forward for the larger pistol. If you get a grip extension for a G26, you might as well carry the G19. The grip lengths would be the same. Here is a comparison of my G27 laying over top of my G19. The extension is a +1. I have them on two of my mags out of six.

Old 12-08-2008, 01:36 PM   #12

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

If you are going to run the grip extension, then I am +1 for the G19. A slightly longer gun is going to mean slightly improved ballistic (probably not enough to even mention), but also a longer (read as better) sight radius.

The length of the gun is also not really a factor for concealment, since the length of the gun follows the length of your body. If you carry IWB, the slightly longer gun might also make it more "tuckable" since there is more gun to be secured in your waistline. The grip is what prints, so the shorter Model 26 grip would be slightly better, but this advantage is reduced to almost zero by the grip extension.

There is also the G19C, with the compensator cuts in the barrel & slide. I think this is a kinda neat option, but there are things to be aware of because of the exhaust coming out of the ports when fired. Flaming yourself and a possible negative affect on night vision are the two most prevalent. Not something that I see as necessary, especially in 9mm. Mostly they serve as a place for lint to collect

Good luck with your choice, and as always I would encourage you to invest in a quality holster and practice ammo.

I don't make jokes, I just watch the government and report the facts. -Will Rogers

An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last. -Winston Churchill

Old 08-11-2011, 06:45 PM   #13

my first glock is a G17L, i knew nothing about glock's other than the fact i wanted one.
bought one out of a magazine , from some bannana country.
turned out to be a G17L, its an older one, has no finger groves.

silly thing shoots awsome' sooo .. anyhow mines a long slide , and i love it.. altho ? i do wonder what a standard 17 would be like. ?

got a frame, maybe get a slide for it. and have two.

peabody

Old 08-13-2011, 02:40 AM   #14
Administrator
FTF_ADMIN.png

Liked 1207 Times on 823 Posts
Likes Given: 161

G26 gen 4.... Great weapon, I carry it every day all day

forumrunner_20110812_224051.jpg  

Old 08-13-2011, 05:57 AM   #15

Liked 181 Times on 102 Posts
Likes Given: 407

Glock 26 4 gen when i am off duty..with Trijicon GL 11 night-sights. I have long fingers, and pretty small hands.

The Glock 27 is also another perfect option although you state you only want some opinions on the 9mm
It is much easier to conceal, and NOBODY knows when I am armed.. I do not use those extender magazines every one speaks of EITHER.

My pinky doesn't need any assists. I really have no need to use my pinky..

I have no need to use a 19 as some prefer. The only difference is SIZE and the Glock 26 is the perfect size for CCW.

Old 08-13-2011, 04:55 PM   #16

Liked 3 Times on 1 Posts

I think the 19 would most likely be the best choice....better balance of "ballistic payload" as I like to call it with 15+1...as an ALL AROUND carry, shooting, SD pistol.

The 26 is a great little fire snorter...but it is one that fills more of a niche.

Personally, I'd go with the 19 for your first Glock. Then, you will drink the Kool Aid, and get the rest.

BUT....don't forget to get a 1911, a Hi Power, a few Smith revolvers, a couple of .22 pistols...you GOTS to be well rounded.

Seriously...it doesn't matter what you get as long as you shoot it well, it is comfortable, and of quality manufacture.

Old 08-13-2011, 07:04 PM   #17

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

When I was researching these, the consensus was in favor of the G19. With the right holster I've concealed a '92 under a size-small t-shirt without printing, so it really isn't that big of a deal to have a little extra size over a compact.

Most people I've talked to say the G26 is typically too bulky to pocket carry, and if carrying IWB you don't give up that much by going to the G19.

And I agree about barrel length. I daily carry a 8" Raging Bull revolver IWB, and the barrel length isn't really a big deal :P .

I'd personally go with a G34, but I like bigger guns :P .

Old 08-15-2011, 07:13 PM   #18

Liked 4 Times on 3 Posts
Likes Given: 26

Have carried a G23 same size G19 in the tropics for over 10 yrs with no problem.

“If you're gonna die, die with your boots on!”— Iron Maiden

“MOLON LABE”— King Leonidas

“Remember the first rule of gunfighting... ‘have a gun.’”— Col. Jeff Cooper

Last edited by Mandy; 08-15-2011 at 07:17 PM.