Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f17/)
-   -   comparing glocks... (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f17/comparing-glocks-6878/)

janikphoto 09-09-2008 11:45 PM

comparing glocks...

I'll be handling some glocks at the local gun show at the end of the month, but thought I'd seek your input beforehand...

I'll probably end up with a glock as a CCW, and I wondered if any of you have compared the 19 to the 26. If I got the 26, I'd get a mag/grip extension for it anyway, so the 19 seems to make sense. But the tiny size of the 26 is hard to beat. Thoughts regarding the two for CCW?

And I'm not here to discuss different calibers... Save that for another thread. 9x19 glocks only, please.

BillM 09-10-2008 12:04 AM

Personally----and your opinion may differ!------I would go with the 19. The 26 is
smaller, but it is a bit harder to get a grip on and hit well with. Both of them are
the same width, so no advantage there with the smaller gun.

ranger_sxt 09-10-2008 06:45 AM

Glock 19.

The grip fits me significantly better, you have a longer sight radius, and you can put a light on it if that's what flips your switch...

Mark F 09-11-2008 11:14 AM

The Glock that will serve you BEST, is the one you carry ALL the time. It doesn't matter what we think.

janikphoto 09-13-2008 06:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mark F (Post 40084)
The Glock that will serve you BEST, is the one you carry ALL the time. It doesn't matter what we think.

it DOES matter, if I get several guys pointing at the 19 (assuming they have actually all HANDLED one before). I've seen a couple people online say they switched from a 26 to a larger gun. I've always wanted the 26, but am willing to look at the 19 if enough people say it's worth looking at...

Of course, the FINAL decision will be made by me, after I play with them both a bit more...

chorst294 09-16-2008 02:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by janikphoto (Post 39919)
I'll be handling some glocks at the local gun show at the end of the month, but thought I'd seek your input beforehand...

I'll probably end up with a glock as a CCW, and I wondered if any of you have compared the 19 to the 26. If I got the 26, I'd get a mag/grip extension for it anyway, so the 19 seems to make sense. But the tiny size of the 26 is hard to beat. Thoughts regarding the two for CCW?

And I'm not here to discuss different calibers... Save that for another thread. 9x19 glocks only, please.

I think they're both great pistols. I currently own a 26 which I carry with ease due to it's size. It's very accurate for such a small gun and with the magazine extension, easy to handle. I've previously owned a Glock 32, which is the exact same size as the 19. It felt better to me, but is a little more difficult to conceal since I live in FL, rarely wearing more than shorts and a t-shirt. My question would be, do you think you would have a problem concealing the 19? If not, why not enjoy a slightly longer barrel, higher magazine capacity and better handling qualities.

glockfire 10-01-2008 05:08 AM

Have you shot a 26? I couldnt hit the broad side of a barn with the damn thing, so I got a 19, and then a 23, then sold my 19, lol. The uber-compacts make shooting not so fun for me.

iloveguns 10-01-2008 03:54 PM

I vote for the 19, 19, and uhm 19.:D

KellyTTE 10-01-2008 06:29 PM

I drank the 19 koolade and HATED it. I sold all my 19's except one (a GEN II) and went exclusively to 26's and 17's. The GEN III G19's and my hands simply did not get along, I couldn't get a proper, consistent grip on the GEN III 19. And in the big scheme of things, you're only giving up 2rds in a 26 if you us Glock +2 mag extensions.

I've shot a consistent 94+ on the New Mexico DPS SWAT qual with my G26 every time I've retaken it, so don't buy into the 'smaller gun = less accurate' argument.

I'd personally go to a range and rent both and shoot the crap out of both (300rds min) before making the decision. My .02 kopeks

hongsx 11-11-2008 03:38 AM

if you like the glock 19, then you might want to look into the glock 23, same exact size with a bigger bang. G23 = .40 SW round.

if you like the glock 26, look into the 27. same exact gun, but with a 40 sw round