Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > common sense win for wisconsin

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-02-2012, 08:58 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by phburks

Found this link: http://ag.ks.gov/public-safety/concealedcarry/approved-signage

Check out the PDF file with the statutes linked to on the bottom of that site.

Looks like in Kansas its a misdemeanor to carry on property where proper signage is posted prohibiting concealed weapons.
Thanks man!

Old 02-04-2012, 01:45 AM   #12
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 5102 Times on 2652 Posts
Likes Given: 309

Update:

this is from tmj4 in milwaukee a liberal rag that seldom if ever gets a story right or even the facts correct. take it for what its worth...

Attached is criminal complaint of Edyon Hibbler and Dierre Cotton. You can read it under Related Documents.

Quote:
http://www.todaystmj4.com/news/local/138685849.html

MILWAUKEE- A suspected armed robber, 20-year old Dierre D. Cotton, has been charged with robbing a CVS on 5929 W. Lisbon Ave. in Milwaukee, a Radio Shack at 6407 W. North Ave. in Wauwatosa and attempting to rob an Aldi's on 7601 W. Fond du Lac Ave. before he was shot by a customer in that store.

Cotton went into the Aldi's on Monday evening and went up to the cashier with a rifle and said, "Give me all the money, put it in the bag." The cashier claims Cotton waived the gun in the air and told customers to back off and keep quiet.

After taking the money, Cotton went to walk out of the store when a customer standing in line started firing shots at Cotton. He dropped the bag of money and the gun and ran out of the store.

Cotton was driven to St. Joseph's hospital by Edyon Hibbler, 19, as Cotton suffered a gunshot wound to the to his left thigh and head.

Cotton was interviewed by police and stated that he had robbed a CVS on January 4, Radio Shack on January 19 and attempted to rob an Aldi's on January 30 to pay for his rent and school tuition.

Cotton said that Hibbler drove Cotton to the Radio Shack and Aldi's and stayed in the car and parked a few blocks away from those stores when the robberies happened.

Cotton said he needed to pay Edyon Hibbler for rent.

Cotton allegedly robbed about $850 dollars from CVS and Radio Shack.

Cotton and Hibbler each were charged with two counts of armed robbery, use of force, party to a crime. Cotton was charged with an additional count of armed robbery, use of force, according to a criminal complaint.

Those charges are class C felonies and each charge faces a maximum of 40 years in prison.

The Milwaukee County District Attorney's Office announced Friday that an Aldi customer acted within his legal rights when he prevented a robbery by shooting a suspect Monday night.

Nazir al-Mujahad, 35, held a press conference Friday morning.

"It was very surreal," he said. "I told my wife to back up and get out of the way she did. [The suspect] shouted his orders to the cashier while he had the shotgun to her head."

"When he saw me with my weapon he pointed that shotgun at me, that was that. All I heard was my shots go off."

Just two weeks after receiving his concealed carry permit, al-Mujahad fired up to seven rounds at the would-be robber, who suffered non life-threatening injuries.
here are the two goblins just out getting their lives turned around...

this is the only one that was in the store pointing a shotgun at people.

this is the getaway driver

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Old 02-04-2012, 03:07 AM   #13

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts
Likes Given: 6

Looks like two upstanding young citizens!

Old 02-04-2012, 03:27 AM   #14

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Thank you for posting this Jon, I hadn't read about this one until now.

Be Well.

Old 02-08-2012, 12:19 PM   #15
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1120 Times on 657 Posts
Likes Given: 1626

Unarmed security guards. An oxymoron if I ever heard one. Like Congressional Intelligence Committee.

Old 04-21-2012, 12:27 PM   #16

Liked 4 Times on 3 Posts

Do you honestly think most guards like being unarmed. I know I don't, what are we supposed to protect when we can't even protect ourselves.

Old 04-21-2012, 01:43 PM   #17
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 5102 Times on 2652 Posts
Likes Given: 309

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zodiac131911 View Post
Do you honestly think most guards like being unarmed. I know I don't, what are we supposed to protect when we can't even protect ourselves.
Comments about the security guard are directed at aldi's policies not personally at the guard himself. We understand its the pro-crime attitude of aldi's for the guard being unarmed.

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Old 04-21-2012, 02:34 PM   #18

Liked 201 Times on 138 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 007BondJamesBond007
The Aldi store near me removed the GFZ sign.
The aldi store in my area doesnt have a no firearm policy.

Century Arms AR-15A2, 5.56
1946 Mosin-Nagant M44, 7.62x54R
1978 YUGO SKS, 7.62x39
NEF Protector Pump, 12 gauge
Savage Model 64, .22LR
NEF Pardner Tracker II, 12 gauge
Rock Island Armory 1911A1, .45 ACP
Remington 870 'Express Magnum' 12 gauge
Bersa Thunder .380

Old 04-21-2012, 03:14 PM   #19

Liked 68 Times on 53 Posts
Likes Given: 113

It's really bitter sweet. I just hope that the DA has some sense and drops the charges. I also hope the store owner grows a brain and takes that idiotic sign down.

If I were a store owner it would have a sign out front stating that CCW holders are welcome and invited to come it. Give something for criminals to think about before they come in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paladin201 View Post
This is kind of related to that Michigan pharmacist, with a CCW license, who carried at work in violation of Walgreen's standing no gun policy. He drew that gun and used it during an armed robbery at the store. They fired him for it. He's not talking, since he's filed a law suit over it, but I'm sure he'd say that he'd rather be alive and unemployed than the alternative,

Like I said, it's not a crime in Missouri to carry on posted property, but even if it wasn't, I'd carry there anyway. Unless I'm stupid, no one will know I'm carrying unless I need to use it.
Same here, with the exception of state a federal government buildings. I'm 99.9% sure I lost a job because someone spotted it. It was a terrible company anyways and now I'm working for a much better employer that's gun friendly. And like you said, I'd rather be unemployed than the alternative. The choice between anything and your life is a simple one.

Old 04-21-2012, 04:18 PM   #20
Ain't she sweet?
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 6636 Times on 4015 Posts
Likes Given: 7882

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragunovsks View Post
The aldi store in my area doesnt have a no firearm policy.
The whole darned state I live in has a "no firearm" policy.