common sense win for wisconsin
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > common sense win for wisconsin

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-01-2012, 01:36 PM   #1
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 5991 Times on 3133 Posts
Likes Given: 428

Default common sense win for wisconsin

Ive been holding off posting this until more facts were known.

Monday evening a wisconsin ccw permit holder stopped two shotgun armed young men out robbing people because they were just turning their lives around. He shot one the other ran off. The goblin that was shot was arrested trying to get his bullet holes fixed.

The interesting part is the Aldi store was a posted no guns please rob us establishment. The two unarmed security guards did nothing.

The most the good guy will face is a civil forfeiture of up to 1000$ for ignoring the sign. Its not even a misdemeanor offense. A traffic ticket has more consequences. Hopefully our pos da will wave charging him.

Link: http://www.wisn.com/news/30338153/detail.html

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 02-01-2012, 01:42 PM   #2
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 757 Times on 449 Posts
Likes Given: 477

Welcome to a very serious schizophrenic country!

Old 02-01-2012, 02:09 PM   #3

Liked 79 Times on 65 Posts
Likes Given: 40

That's too bad, as the only smart person at the store was the CCW holder. Having not 1, BUT 2 guards unharmed, just goes to show how foolish this store is in deterring robbers---serves them right. At least I hope the Aldi store helps out the Permit Holder in Court to get him off with the fine, and hires him to guard the place instead of Dumb & Dumber.
Del

Old 02-01-2012, 02:23 PM   #4

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts

I always love hearing stories where a CCW holder stopped a serious crime. Good on.

Fortunately, here in MO, there is no penalty whatsoever for carrying in a posted establishment. The law allows owners to put the signs up, and it allows CCW holders to ignore them. Which makes the signs rather pointless.

Old 02-01-2012, 03:26 PM   #5
RIP my good and faithful dog.
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 7792 Times on 4679 Posts
Likes Given: 9792

Interesting. Keep us posted on the progress if this situation. I'd like to see where it goes.

Old 02-01-2012, 03:46 PM   #6

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

The Aldi store near me removed the GFZ sign.

“There are hundreds of millions of gun owners in this country, and not one of them will have an accident today. The only misuse of guns comes in environments where there are drugs, alcohol, bad parents, and undisciplined children. Period.” Ted Nugent

Old 02-01-2012, 06:05 PM   #7

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts

This is kind of related to that Michigan pharmacist, with a CCW license, who carried at work in violation of Walgreen's standing no gun policy. He drew that gun and used it during an armed robbery at the store. They fired him for it. He's not talking, since he's filed a law suit over it, but I'm sure he'd say that he'd rather be alive and unemployed than the alternative,

Like I said, it's not a crime in Missouri to carry on posted property, but even if it wasn't, I'd carry there anyway. Unless I'm stupid, no one will know I'm carrying unless I need to use it.

Old 02-02-2012, 02:48 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paladin201
This is kind of related to that Michigan pharmacist, with a CCW license, who carried at work in violation of Walgreen's standing no gun policy. He drew that gun and used it during an armed robbery at the store. They fired him for it. He's not talking, since he's filed a law suit over it, but I'm sure he'd say that he'd rather be alive and unemployed than the alternative,

Like I said, it's not a crime in Missouri to carry on posted property, but even if it wasn't, I'd carry there anyway. Unless I'm stupid, no one will know I'm carrying unless I need to use it.
Do you have any knowledge of the Kansas posted property laws? I am a ccw Mo permit holder and live close to the Ks. border. Haven't been able to find anything on it.

Old 02-02-2012, 05:10 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by temwc20

Do you have any knowledge of the Kansas posted property laws? I am a ccw Mo permit holder and live close to the Ks. border. Haven't been able to find anything on it.
Found this link: http://ag.ks.gov/public-safety/concealedcarry/approved-signage

Check out the PDF file with the statutes linked to on the bottom of that site.

Looks like in Kansas its a misdemeanor to carry on property where proper signage is posted prohibiting concealed weapons.

Old 02-02-2012, 05:23 AM   #10

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by phburks View Post
Found this link: http://ag.ks.gov/public-safety/concealedcarry/approved-signage

Check out the PDF file with the statutes linked to on the bottom of that site.

Looks like in Kansas its a misdemeanor to carry on property where proper signage is posted prohibiting concealed weapons.
From the graphic it looks to me as a no Beretta 92 sign. Guess I will carry my 1911 in that store. I think I will hang one of the signs on my door. I may sleep better at night.

“There are hundreds of millions of gun owners in this country, and not one of them will have an accident today. The only misuse of guns comes in environments where there are drugs, alcohol, bad parents, and undisciplined children. Period.” Ted Nugent

Last edited by 007BondJamesBond007; 02-02-2012 at 01:05 PM.