Colt Pony Pocketlite???
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > Colt Pony Pocketlite???

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-31-2010, 11:57 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Colt Pony Pocketlite???

Hello all, I am new to this site. I am having a hard time finding information about the Colt Pony. It is a .380 carry pistol but there are so many differing opinions about it I do not know what to think. Also, I am trying to figure out whether or not there is is a difference in materials. Is the Colt Pony all steel and the Colt Pony Pocketlite steel and aluminum, or is there not even a difference?!?
Love,
Sincerely Confused

P.S.
I would love any opinions or information any of you guys have on this gun too. I fell in love with the Sig Sauer P238, which I guess is supposed to be just like the Colt Mustang, but sadly it is single action, and for my first carry pistol I want a double action. But that is how I found the Colt Pony. So, yeah, thank you all in advance.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 04-01-2010, 12:33 AM   #2

Liked 4 Times on 2 Posts

I wish I could tell you the differences but I don't know.

All I know is I love my little Colt Mustang Pocketlite. Mine is Single action only but the safety will engage with or without one in the chamber unlike my Kimber .45. I like single action!

Old 04-01-2010, 01:46 AM   #3

It is not that I do not like single action, I just want to be able to carry one in the chamber and not have to worry about releasing the safety before it will go bang, lol.

Old 04-01-2010, 01:56 AM   #4

Liked 4 Times on 2 Posts

I feel I am much more accuate with the shorter throw and lighter pull of the single action trigger. It is automatic for me to click off the safety with my thumb when I draw the Colt or Kimber. It is just what I practice...

Old 04-01-2010, 05:30 PM   #5

Picked up the Sig P238 about 2 weks ago. LOVE IT! We were considering all the small .380s, Kel-Tek, Ruger, Taurus, etc... Spent a little more for the sig but I am more than happy with the SIG. Smooth action, safety, hammer, Raised sights and the feel of a 1911. I will say that I am a little unhappy with the price of an extra magazine...$45!?!?!?!??! WTF!?

Old 04-01-2010, 05:52 PM   #6

Liked 22 Times on 7 Posts

I had to go jump on Gunbroker and look these up (quite a few for sale there). It appears the Pony Pocketlite is an aluminum frame with a steel slide. The Pony looked to be all steel. Grabbed a pic so folks will know what one looks like - as I didn't...

pix1035182953.jpg  

Old 04-01-2010, 09:06 PM   #7

Liked 4 Times on 2 Posts

Mine is very similar but it has a safety on the left side back near the hammer.

Also that looks to be a double action ony with no hammer?

Old 04-04-2010, 04:50 AM   #8

Default Colt Pocketlite 380

The KelTek killer. Sold my P3AT I had for years along with my Sig P230. The little Colt outshoots them all hands down. Got to say you can't beat the Bersa, just a little bit bigger. My Mom got the Bersa because it was easier for her to shoot than a J Frame. The Colt is indeed single action but haven't had any issues. Colt Govt 380 is a little bit bigger. Girlfriend uses it along with a Kahr P9. The Pocketlight is a nice looking and great shooting little gun. Can use it for pocket or IWB carry. Goes to the ATM well when I don't carry the M&P 9C which is about the same size as the Sig. Liked them all but only have two hands. (Shortcomings of a Male Brain, so my daughters say!) If you can find one you better grab it up now, prices have more than doubled in the last few years. Have been offered lots of money for this one but it stays put, and no girlfriend trades. (Yes she tried and tried.) Ct. Will send pics when I get em working. Alloy frame, brushed stainless slide and barrel.

hpim0729.jpg  

Last edited by cthompson54; 04-04-2010 at 07:04 AM.

Tags
.380, colt, dao, mustang, pony