Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > Clothing opinions: Blend in or Stick out???

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-30-2012, 02:58 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 26 Times on 12 Posts

Ny is concealed only no open carry in public any infringement can get it revoked I'm assuming that means printing or any other from of brandishing. Lmk if I'm wrong.

Old 12-30-2012, 03:44 AM   #12

Liked 279 Times on 243 Posts

Wow do people over analyze this whole gun thing.

It's simple: act like an adult, be responsible, dress as desired to be comfortable and/or professional, and stop over thinking it, because nobody else is paying attention to you or your wear.

If you want to dress like gi Joe that's on you and you should probably see a shrink or join a cult. If you want to carry a gun, do so hoping you'll never need it and acting the same, but being prepared for the case that you might.

And don't worry about this "printing" BS, nobody is looking, and all it looks like is a bulge, like keys or a cell phone. More over analyzing.

Last edited by BeyondTheBox; 12-30-2012 at 03:50 AM.
axxe55 Likes This 
Old 12-30-2012, 04:16 AM   #13
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 156 Times on 115 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeyondTheBox View Post
Wow do people over analyze this whole gun thing.

It's simple: act like an adult, be responsible, dress as desired to be comfortable and/or professional, and stop over thinking it, because nobody else is paying attention to you or your wear.

If you want to dress like gi Joe that's on you and you should probably see a shrink or join a cult. If you want to carry a gun, do so hoping you'll never need it and acting the same, but being prepared for the case that you might.

And don't worry about this "printing" BS, nobody is looking, and all it looks like is a bulge, like keys or a cell phone. More over analyzing.
I see your point but I guess people that do carry are conscious of their weapon being there.

I have realized that most people these days are distracted and dont pay close attention.

I dont remember were but I read that a cop would stop by a gas station regularly and the lady at the counter became friends with him. One evening while he was off duty he walked into the station while it was being being held up. The lady yelled your a cop do something and by the time he drew his gun he was shot.

The moral of the story is that it is best hide the fact that you have a gun...
Old 12-30-2012, 04:23 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by 95sniper View Post

I see your point but I guess people that do carry are conscious of their weapon being there.

I have realized that most people these days are distracted and dont pay close attention.

I dont remember were but I read that a cop would stop by a gas station regularly and the lady at the counter became friends with him. One evening while he was off duty he walked into the station while it was being being held up. The lady yelled your a cop do something and by the time he drew his gun he was shot.

The moral of the story is that it is best hide the fact that you have a gun...
That story has absolutely nothing to do with the idea of dressing one way or another or this idiotic idea of printing.

If it's a true story, the way you interpret it, the clerk knew him as a cop, squad car and uniform, not because of where his gun was our how visible.

Don't talk yourself into a situation or out of carrying.

Last edited by BeyondTheBox; 12-30-2012 at 04:27 AM.

Old 12-30-2012, 04:25 AM   #15
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 19473 Times on 11062 Posts
Likes Given: 49082

IIRC, concealed means, errr, concealed?

i kind oflike the idea of just dressing as you always do. like what you normally wore before you carried. just a thought.

People Like This 
Old 12-30-2012, 04:32 AM   #16
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 156 Times on 115 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeyondTheBox View Post

That story has absolutely nothing to do with the idea of dressing one way or another or this idiotic idea of printing.

If it's a true story, the way you interpret it, the clerk knew him as a cop, squad car and uniform, not because of where his gun was our how visible.

Don't talk yourself into a situation or out of carrying.
I agree with everything your saying. That story doesn't apply directly, but the op had said that his wifes instructer told her to advertise, my point is its better if no one knows. Not that the cop would have had a choice. Point is dress normal and you will be fine.
Old 12-30-2012, 04:35 AM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by 95sniper View Post

I agree with everything your saying. That story doesn't apply directly, but the op had said that his wifes instructer told her to advertise, my point is its better if no one knows. Not that the cop would have had a choice. Point is dress normal and you will be fine.
Poor copper, wrong place wrong time.

Old 12-30-2012, 07:43 AM   #18
Retired
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2611 Times on 1520 Posts
Likes Given: 1160

IMO, IF I were law enforcement, I would want to "advertise" I am.
Because I'm not, I prefer to "blend" in.

The less they know what I'm carrying, the more likely surprise is on my side.

Amendment II:
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

Life Member NRA
Life Member NAHC
Former President of the ECPT

WebleyFosbery38 Likes This 
Old 12-30-2012, 08:09 AM   #19

Liked 112 Times on 78 Posts
Likes Given: 85

I think that cop knows what he's talking about. Even if you don't have a gun, and you're being followed, you can save yourself by burying a hand deep inside your jacket or flaring your shirt tail. If that doesn't work, you should definitely tell them you have a gun in no uncertain terms. And you should threaten to use it.

Words wont make a murderer any less a murderer, they've already accepted the ultimate punishment) but the threat of death can certainly make a robber turn tail.

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

Terry V Ohio Commentary

Old 12-30-2012, 09:39 AM   #20
Big TOW
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5474 Times on 2704 Posts
Likes Given: 5802

Dress has more to do with locality and function than anything else, not a good idea to overdress or under-dress for any occasion your gonna be in the public packing heat. Like wearing Woodland pattern in a dessert, just makes you an obvious target! Wearing a 3 piece suit hunting doesnt work so well either (unless its overalls, hat and coat! Stealth is more effective than bling, If you stand out in a crowd, you will likely be the first to gain notice from a shooter, better off blending and being prepared to react than defend.

Nothing sillier than seeing someone walk through the mall in full tacticool gear when the only turkeys to shoot are other shoppers, if you think it looks cool, your probably way wrong!