church & guns - Page 29
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > church & guns

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-29-2014, 10:42 PM   #281
Big TOW
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 6129 Times on 3035 Posts
Likes Given: 6512

Quote:
Originally Posted by emo View Post
I don't think problems are limited to "rough" areas. Unfortunately we see school shootings, home invasions, etc in all types of communities. All it takes is one person with mental health issues looking to out do the last high profile incident and secure their place in history. Maybe rather than infringe on our 2nd amendment rights, they should clamp down on the 1st a little and not broadcast the criminal's name 24/7, taking away their chance for the history books. Before anyone says anything, I don't really think the 1st should be infringed either, just highlighting that attacking the 2nd all the time isn't the answer. Would be great if the media could take that step themselves and stop publicizing their names.

Real dogs drool!
Yes for sure. The freak garbage is happening more in Middle Class Neighborhoods than Churches in the Hood.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_school_shootings_in_the_United_States

The list is endless and for every inner city school shooting there are 10 in nicer neighborhoods. Thats not saying cities are safer, just pointing out that the school shootings dont seem to coincide with poverty at all (maybe cause City thugs dont go to school that much?). Just dont walk down the street at night, thats another stat and thread!

The kind of response that one needs to prepare for is the one you hope you never need to do. People dont very often go shooting up random churches and they are generally a few fries short of a Happy Meal to begin with. Very unpredictable!
Old 04-29-2014, 10:58 PM   #282
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 21578 Times on 12248 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

i think in this day and age with random shotings and killings, churches are not exempt from them being the place they happen any less than any other place.

i see nothing wrong with staking steps to help protect the congregation from some person who isn't mentally balanced and migh seek to dole out violence upon those he would think are defenceless.

more than likely none will ever have to put those precautions to the test, but much better to be prepard for the random shooting that could occur.

Old 04-29-2014, 11:19 PM   #283
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 541 Times on 329 Posts
Likes Given: 215

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagle1803 View Post
Damn, thats some serious planning. you guys live in a rough area?
Not at all. We have a freshly retired spec ops Marine as head of security..... so yeah. It might be a little over the top but it is better to have all the angles and plans worked out ahead of time then trying to figure it out in the heat of the moment.

Practice doesn't make perfect, it make permanent.

When I hear a Liberal say "I can speak for gun owners because I own a shotgun" I just want to scream "Well I can speak for vegetarians because I like lettuce on my cheeseburger!"

Axxe55 Likes This 
Old 04-30-2014, 12:36 AM   #284

Liked 65 Times on 36 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by emo View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagle1803 View Post
Damn, thats some serious planning. you guys live in a rough area?
I don't think problems are limited to "rough" areas. Unfortunately we see school shootings, home invasions, etc in all types of communities. All it takes is one person with mental health issues looking to out do the last high profile incident and secure their place in history. .....
There are more reason to have a security review than just the possibility of a random shooting by some crazy:

Attended a medium size church in the south - 700 max seating with 400 average attendance. The church decons asked the local sherif's department if they would conduct a review. They did it not expecting much of anything - Just following-up on an idea that popped up at a meeting.

Sherif's dept said they were in bad shape! Seems the offering 1st Sunday of month contained a significant amount of cash. Offering was collected from the front to the back to minimize distractions from the music. 2 would then carry the collection out the doors, around the church and back into the church office and leave it there till worship was over. Review suggested we were just asking to be robbed!

Decons changed the order of collection from the back to the front.
Preacher and 2 decons took the collection to the office from inside the church
and lock in away in a new safe in the office.
Right after the service, Preacher and 2 decons would count offering and make ready a deposit for when the banks opened 1st thing Monday.
Then deposit was locked away again in the safe.
Monday morn one of the decons would accompany the preacher to the bank together.

Until this "spur-of-the moment" review, no one ever saw or gave any thought to the potiential security problem(s) we had.
Old 04-30-2014, 08:27 PM   #285

Liked 4782 Times on 2313 Posts
Likes Given: 1473

I'd say it has to do with psychotropic drugs...

Hood rats aren't popping Ritalin the way middle class white kids with over protective parents are.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WebleyFosbery38 View Post
Yes for sure. The freak garbage is happening more in Middle Class Neighborhoods than Churches in the Hood.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_school_shootings_in_the_United_States

The list is endless and for every inner city school shooting there are 10 in nicer neighborhoods. Thats not saying cities are safer, just pointing out that the school shootings dont seem to coincide with poverty at all (maybe cause City thugs dont go to school that much?). Just dont walk down the street at night, thats another stat and thread!

The kind of response that one needs to prepare for is the one you hope you never need to do. People dont very often go shooting up random churches and they are generally a few fries short of a Happy Meal to begin with. Very unpredictable!

Old 05-01-2014, 04:19 AM   #286

Liked 25 Times on 16 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Both Pastors of my church have CCW permits , which I thought was pretty cool. One day one of them asked me if I carried in church. When I said no , he asked why not? I've carried since then, with the Pastors' approval.

Sent from my iPhone using Firearms Talk

Old 05-01-2014, 04:53 AM   #287

Liked 38 Times on 18 Posts

Carrying a gun into church i feel is essential.
Its kinda like schools easy targets. So why not carry?

Old 05-01-2014, 05:01 AM   #288

Liked 38 Times on 18 Posts

Heck if you wanna even get biblical Israel had to defend themselves while building up their nation. A sword and a trowel, a tool to defend and a tool to build.
What make us so different? We protect our church family.

Old 05-01-2014, 04:15 PM   #289
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1273 Times on 736 Posts
Likes Given: 1937

Quote:
Originally Posted by jakeball View Post
Heck if you wanna even get biblical Israel had to defend themselves while building up their nation. A sword and a trowel, a tool to defend and a tool to build.
What make us so different? We protect our church family.

Amen. (No pun intended).

Old 05-01-2014, 10:47 PM   #290

Liked 14 Times on 10 Posts
Likes Given: 24

http://www.whitehouse.gov/sites/default/files/docs/developing_eops_for_houses_of_worship_final.pdf

Good read for houses of worship.

Bombs Built
Guns Loaded
Riots Violently Quelled
Custom Bombing and Strafing
IYAOYAS