church & guns - Page 2
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > church & guns

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-11-2014, 11:14 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2144 Times on 1176 Posts
Likes Given: 1390

A few years ago my church started a security team. They asked that anyone with a concealed carry permit that would be willing to help would please contact the security leader. I came forward as did a bunch of other people. We were all able to know who each other were. But only the people that came forward were allowed to know who was on the list. It was very surprising. There were several of us all sitting together and didn't know it. There are a crap load of guns in my church. A shooter would not last long.

As long as it is not illegal to carry into a church in the state you live in, there are probably a bunch of armed people. You just don't know it, because we don't talk about it with people that don't carry.
Romans 1:16 I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God for the salvation of everyone who believes: first for the Jew, then for the Gentile.
People Like This 
Old 01-11-2014, 11:20 PM   #12
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 763 Times on 380 Posts
Likes Given: 790

I carry to church.
Pastor knows it ,and we have a deal, he sees sumpin wrong, let me know.

I carry, not because of the people in the congregation, but because of some nutcase that hates church or christians, that may show up with bad intentions.

I sit where i can see all entrances , my family knows ....if I say down...dont ask ..just do it.

I have my wife, 3 daughters and 3 SIL and 6 grandkids in our church.
I will protect them at all cost.

The Lord helps those that help themselves.Im helping myself and mine.

Jim
People Like This 
Old 01-11-2014, 11:22 PM   #13

Liked 95 Times on 68 Posts
Likes Given: 138

I am thinking that if you feel like you have to be armed at church, you might think about finding a safer place to practice your freedom of religion. It seems a bit paranoid to think you will be attacked at your place of worship unless there is a reason that you would be attacked, and then again, find a better church. You should be able to go to church with out fear, and you should trust in gods plan

Old 01-11-2014, 11:26 PM   #14

Liked 24 Times on 14 Posts
Likes Given: 1

I'm asatru a pagan religion and it is a part of our religion to stay armed

HÁVAMÁL 38

Let a man never stir on his road a step
without his weapons of war;
for unsure is the knowing when need shall arise
of a spear on the way without.

I can see it because there are some bad people who want to hurt pagans
MaineMan Likes This 
Old 01-11-2014, 11:28 PM   #15
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 763 Times on 380 Posts
Likes Given: 790

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaineMan View Post
I am thinking that if you feel like you have to be armed at church, you might think about finding a safer place to practice your freedom of religion. It seems a bit paranoid to think you will be attacked at your place of worship unless there is a reason that you would be attacked, and then again, find a better church. You should be able to go to church with out fear, and you should trust in gods plan
When "hate christians" does no longer exist, then Ill feel at ease.
Too many Rural country churchs have been targets .

It aint my church , its any church.

Jim
People Like This 
Old 01-11-2014, 11:31 PM   #16

Liked 95 Times on 68 Posts
Likes Given: 138

Quote:
Originally Posted by phideaux View Post
When "hate christians" does no longer exist, then Ill feel at ease.
Too many Rural country churchs have been targets .

It aint my church , its any church.

Jim
what church was a target, and by whom?

Old 01-11-2014, 11:32 PM   #17
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 4145 Times on 2815 Posts
Likes Given: 2064

Quote:
Originally Posted by enfieldaddict View Post
I'm asatru a pagan religion and it is a part of our religion to stay armed

HÁVAMÁL 38

Let a man never stir on his road a step
without his weapons of war;
for unsure is the knowing when need shall arise
of a spear on the way without.

I can see it because there are some bad people who want to hurt pagans
If you don't mind, is that the same as Sikh?

Old 01-11-2014, 11:36 PM   #18
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 22306 Times on 12476 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaineMan View Post
what church was a target, and by whom?
surely you are not making the assumption that just because a person is in a house of worship, they are free from being attacked by violent offenders.

violent attacks on people can happen anywhere, and at any time.
sputnik1988 Likes This 
Old 01-11-2014, 11:42 PM   #19

Liked 24 Times on 14 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercator View Post
If you don't mind, is that the same as Sikh?
Actually its the Norse/Germanic like the Vikings (I hate that word its a verb not a noun)
Its one of the very modern pagans that have solid roots in ore Christian times

Old 01-12-2014, 12:04 AM   #20
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 3464 Times on 1675 Posts
Likes Given: 1741

You wonder WHY! any of us would carry a gun to church!

Maine Man!
Here is one of your answers!

Let me tell you how Intriguing it really is!

My wifes first cousin who lives in Fort Worth TX. attended the Wedgewood Baptist Church in Fort Worth Texas. It is a prominant middle class neighborhood far from the hood!

She fortunately had some car trouble while attempting to go to church one evening. She was running late when she finally got there!
As she arrived there were police, medical ambulances, rescue and fire trucks everywhere.

What had happened at around 7PM a man by the last name of Ashbrook 47 years old and a wacko walked into the sanctuary with a 9 MM Semi-Auto Pistol and emptied 3 full magazines into the attendees. Killing 3 teenagers, 3 adults on the scene and another one or two died in the hospital hours later.
Why do we carry? Well under the present times it is great to set twiddling your thumbs and say well the Lord will protect us at all times. You know! I think the Lord also expects us to be a little wiser and stewards for our brothers and sisters. And as one said here in this thread, maybe God expects some common sense that says maybe we should also be prepared and be able to protect the innocent ourselves on his behalf. I am a retired Law Enforcement Officer of nearly 30 years! And yes like many here on this Forum hardly go anywhere without a piece! What am I affraid of? Well honestly, not much after being LE and on SWAT for over 16 years and in the Army before that. But even myself, some controllable fear is not bad in a sense. Because it also generates a sense of responsibility or should. I do not so much carry a gun for "only" my protection. But I will be D****d if a senario like happened in "Shirley's Church" or even in some of the recent incidents at resteraunts, movie theaters, schools, shopping centers and other places, if I am going to set around and stand by while some wacko kills innocent people without me engaging them. That is why these freaks take advantage of what they like to target, being Guns Free Zone with innocent people who have no chance of survival, resistance and can not protect themselves!
So we Carry! If some one could set buy and not do anything in these situations! Well I an Intrigued! Welcome to the Real World!

Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom."

-- John F. Kennedy

Last edited by Sniper03; 01-12-2014 at 12:16 AM.
People Like This