Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f17/)
-   -   church & guns (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f17/church-guns-102652/)

MaineMan 01-11-2014 11:35 PM

church & guns

I grew up in a Christian home, went to church every Sunday. I didn't like it, but I never felt threatened, and my family never took a gun to church.
I don't think there was ever a gun brought into that church to this date.

It some what intrigues me when I see people post that they bring a gun to church. I wonder what they are afraid of. I also wonder why they are scared to go to heaven. They have been praying to go to heaven ever since they heard about it, and if its all its advertised to be, its better than being here.

deep thoughts by Jack Handy2

Axxe55 01-11-2014 11:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MaineMan (Post 1480408)
I grew up in a Christian home, went to church every Sunday. I didn't like it, but I never felt threatened, and my family never took a gun to church.

It some what intrigues me when I see people post that they bring a gun to church. I wonder what they are afraid of. I also wonder why they are scared to go to heaven. They have been praying to go to heaven ever since they heard about it, and if its all its advertised to be, its better than being here.

personally i have desire to rush things!

in all seriousness, a random violent attack can happen anywhere, even a church. i am sure that those people last year in Aurora Colorado watching a movie never suspected of being violently attacked by a crazed gunmen either.

eatmydust 01-11-2014 11:50 PM

The Bible teaches us that there are Shepards and lambs. A Shepard's responsibility is to protect and give guidance to the flock.

I have no problem with Shepards watching over the lambs, it is the natural order of things.

A very wise man once told me, "We all want to meet Jesus, just not today."

FrontierTCB 01-11-2014 11:51 PM

church & guns

There have been a few shootings in the middle of church service over the last few years as I recall.

One from last year.
http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2013/09/28/pastor-shot-killed-during-la-church-service/2888907/

Rick1967 01-12-2014 12:03 AM

I am a Christian...a real one. I am not just someone that goes to church. Jesus has made a huge impact in my life. That being said I carry a gun every time I enter the church. And my Pastor knows it. I told him that if some nutcase comes in shooting I will try to stop them. He liked the idea.

Being shot by some nutcase in a church is not dying for the cause of Christ. That to me is no different that being shot at the mall. If you were preaching the Gospel and shot for it that would be dying for Christ.

I don't care if I am at the bank, the movies, the mall or church. If someone starts shooting innocent people, I will try to stop them.

mountainman13 01-12-2014 12:06 AM

I bring a gun everywhere, including church. Trust in the lord, not the child molesting priest.

You'll find more of God in a blade of grass than in any church.

better judged by twelve than carried by six.

Mercator 01-12-2014 12:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MaineMan (Post 1480408)

Depends on the church, depends on the neighborhood... Get my drift?

Some people carry anyway because they like to feel armed. Others know emotions may fly high in a gathering crowd, or that certain troublemakers routinely attend. I think you were blessed to be in a good congregation, and those who feel unsafe in theirs might wanna look elsewhere.

enfieldaddict 01-12-2014 12:10 AM

Question does this thread only apply to Christian churches or others

MisterMcCool 01-12-2014 12:14 AM

More people have been killed over religion than any other cause.

MaineMan 01-12-2014 12:14 AM

all churches