Charged with battery - Page 2
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > Charged with battery

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-29-2010, 10:49 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

I find it ironic that cpttango30 gives this guy the what-for about slapping a woman, while his signature talks about shooting "crazy chicks" in the head and cutting people's throats. I would probably think twice before taking advice from that guy.

Old 11-29-2010, 10:53 PM   #12

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlee58 View Post
Very embarrassed by this. Several weeks ago my soon to be ex and I got into it I slapped her and of course went to jail for a few hours. She was not hurt, says she will not pursue the matter, I have hired an attorney. It is considered a misdemeanor. Not sure what I am in for as far as the Kansas CCW laws go.

I think you should ignore the people who want to crap on your issue. Bad enough that you'll have your day in court without having to deal with other people's criticism.

Old 11-29-2010, 10:54 PM   #13

Liked 13 Times on 11 Posts

Now now I suggest you don't wake the sleeping giant that is tango. He is after all a Supporting member in high standing with this community. Oh and bill, it ain't ok to slap a woman.

DON'T BUY DELL!!!!!

BEWARE!!! The toes you step on today may be connected to the ass you kiss tomorrow.

PM Tango about his upcoming SHARTFOO courses.

Old 11-29-2010, 10:59 PM   #14

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by doctherock View Post
Now now I suggest you don't wake the sleeping giant that is tango. He is after all a Supporting member in high standing with this community. Oh and bill, it ain't ok to slap a woman.
Not my MO Doc,
I favor punching big holes in my walls instead, and BTW the Ol' Lady who inspired the holes is the same one who fixes them.

Old 11-29-2010, 11:10 PM   #15
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 84 Times on 54 Posts
Likes Given: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by billdeserthills View Post
Not my MO Doc,
I favor punching big holes in my walls instead, and BTW the Ol' Lady who inspired the holes is the same one who fixes them.
Is anything really worth getting that upset about? I'm not going to say I don't loose my temper from time to time but I don't start hitting things either.

If the pain is lacking so is the discipline...

"the only 911 call I need is chambering a round" - Mr. Muller, MO car dealer

Old 11-29-2010, 11:13 PM   #16

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by spittinfire View Post
Is anything really worth getting that upset about? I'm not going to say I don't loose my temper from time to time but I don't start hitting things either.
Last time she cleaned one years worth of appointments and notes about my jobs. She lost a form that lost me a large job. Before she touched the table I asked her NOT to touch my table. If that doesn't meet the criteria stay out of my house.

Last edited by billdeserthills; 11-29-2010 at 11:39 PM.

Old 11-30-2010, 12:23 AM   #17

As a police officer I deal with this on a daily basis not this guy in particular but family violence. I've arrested him, I've arrested her. Heck they've both gone to jail and sometimes neither one if the investigation proves otherwise but the best advice that I always give in these cases is No one has ever gone to jail for walking away. The laws for Family Violence don't just include physical contact. There is assault by threat or intimidation. Also you have stalking and harassment. There are many others but these cover the heated moments. So remember gentlemen and ladies. An argument avoided is a gun kept.

Also on a law advise note: you are an idiot for posting your confession online.
Should this case go to court because the state decides to pursue charges your self incriminating statement will be used against you should they decide to investigate.
Now for my gun dealer advice: I'll make you a fair deal on them firearms your about to give to the state.

Old 12-01-2010, 08:10 AM   #18

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

I learned my lesson about hitting things at an early age. When i was 17 my step dad and i were in an argument about how much time i was spending with my girlfriend (now my wife for over 17 years), and he made a bad comment about her. It was either hit him or hit something else, so i walked out of the room punching a wooden desk on my way out, and broke my hand. Haven't hit a wall or anything like that since!!!

To the OP. I have never hit my wife or any woman, or my kids and there is NO excuse doing it. I watched my dad beat, choke, throw, and everything else he wanted to do to my mom (it is funny about ten minutes ago i posted a reply in another thread about how much my dad looked and acted like Jack from The Shining). I tried to help a couple times when i was probably no bigger than 6 or 7 and i learned quick that i couldn't do anything but hide when he got that way. You think about a 6 year old kid just having to watch his dad choke his mother, wondering if he is going to kill her, and see if you like that picture. You will get there too if you dont kill this now. I definitely got a bad temper from him, but i made a decision to learn to control it, rather than become like him.

I do hope you will go get help. I know you said it was not very hard, but just crossing that line means you need help. IF you are really sorry, quit making yourself the main concern, and think about her, and focus on getting help. I dont know if you're still interested in protecting her, but you beating this problem you have will keep her safer than any CCW.

You can get through this man. But YOU have to be the one to do it. I will put you in my prayers. I can personally tell you how destructive it can be. I lived it for way too long, helpless to do anything about it. I dont know if you have kids, but i promise you they will be next. This is a road that gets out of control FAST. I will be praying for the both of you, and let me know if you need to talk. I bet i can give you some insight. I have been involved with several battered women shelters, and have supported them for years.

Last edited by theferg2000; 12-01-2010 at 08:14 AM.

Old 12-01-2010, 03:18 PM   #19

Liked 18 Times on 16 Posts

Chris Rock said it best: "There is a reason to hit everyone, just don't do it"

In god we trust, all others we monitor...

Old 12-02-2010, 02:50 AM   #20

None of you people know me. My friends that do know me have really been understanding, they know the situation and what I have been up against. The arresting officer told me that while what I did was wrong he could understand it, even after meeting her for a short time. I am not that guy, my kids are fine with me, they know what happened. My friends are standing by me, most are asking what took me so long to do it.

I will lose my guns for at least a year, after that it is unclear. I made a mistake, I fessed up to it, I am paying the price. I have a very good attorney looking out for me, but the law is the law.

If it makes you feel better to call me an idiot or whatever then you are probably the kind of guy who needs to carry a gun to feel like a man, and you still don't know your from you're. A lot of you have such violent tag lines it worries me. To the people have sent me a private post thank you for your support it does mean a lot.

Just so you know my soon to be ex does not want me to lose the guns either, she wants me to be able to protect myself or my children or any others. We are fine with each other.

I see no future here I will more than likely leave in a few days. Thanks for all the info along the way.