Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f17/)
-   -   certified mail (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f17/certified-mail-39706/)

cddbrowns 03-12-2011 10:08 PM

certified mail

Hello, got a question for you. While I was out with the better half today, a certified mail came to the house. Since I wasnt home, I was left with a notice. I know I am expecting my CCW any time soon, has anyone else gotten theirs sent this way as well?

I hate certified mail.....usually something from the LONG forgotten past during hard times popping up......MAKE ME FEEL BETTER!!!!

Car54 03-12-2011 10:30 PM

Yep, I hate the unexpected too. Saying that,I have never received a CPL, CCW by certified mail. It's always been first class/regular.

In Michigan the mail was a letter indicating the permit was ready to be picked up at the city-county building. Here in Florida, the permit came in the regular mail.

gatopardo 03-13-2011 03:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cddbrowns (Post 463433)
Hello, got a question for you. While I was out with the better half today, a certified mail came to the house. Since I wasnt home, I was left with a notice. I know I am expecting my CCW any time soon, has anyone else gotten theirs sent this way as well?

I hate certified mail.....usually something from the LONG forgotten past during hard times popping up......MAKE ME FEEL BETTER!!!!

In Oklahoma you get an official note to go to the police ( eve when the sheriffs office process your application and the OSBI approves it) department and pick it up, because you have to show a proof of identity, and the police department is the policing authority.

rjgnwdc 03-13-2011 04:27 AM

I see your from Virginia

When I put in for my CHP here in Prince William County VA. I was instructed to furnish a self addressed envelope so they could mail me my permit it was on the Virginia State Police website, so I wouldn't think they would pay the extra cost of a certified letter to send your permit it's probably a court summons or something from the IRS:eek:

skullcrusher 03-13-2011 04:46 AM

Move.........

danf_fl 03-13-2011 07:44 AM

Were you an "active" youth and could this be something about back child support? j/k

JTJ 03-13-2011 03:33 PM

It is probably from a lawyer telling you that you inherited a large sum of money. :eek: Yeah, right. :D

cddbrowns 03-13-2011 04:18 PM

Ha ha, ok, I can see I left that hole WIDE open on this. to answer all the questions, I have custody of my children, the ex wife does not. I pay my bills on time except for the one period of my life I was laid off 6 times in 3 years while living in Cleveland. I thought I paid them all off, but small ones keep popping up here and there. Oh well, probably one of those stupid 20 dollar co pays I forgot to pay or something.....still waiting....

cddbrowns 03-13-2011 04:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JTJ (Post 463934)
It is probably from a lawyer telling you that you inherited a large sum of money. :eek: Yeah, right. :D

But I like ^^ that one right there! LOL!

skullcrusher 03-13-2011 06:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cddbrowns (Post 463952)
Ha ha, ok, I can see I left that hole WIDE open on this. to answer all the questions, I have custody of my children, the ex wife does not. I pay my bills on time except for the one period of my life I was laid off 6 times in 3 years while living in Cleveland. I thought I paid them all off, but small ones keep popping up here and there. Oh well, probably one of those stupid 20 dollar co pays I forgot to pay or something.....still waiting....

It's Art Modell contacting you to personally thank you for your support and love.