The "Center Mass" Myth - Page 14
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > The "Center Mass" Myth

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-02-2013, 10:41 PM   #131
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1768 Times on 989 Posts
Likes Given: 1302

Quote:
Originally Posted by axxe55 View Post
thanks for providing that information Doc. kind of what i remember about the case.
No problem. Happy to do it. Just make sure you get a ringside seat for the fair and impartial trial in front of a jury of his peers. I'm sure it will be televised.
Old 05-03-2013, 01:28 AM   #132

Liked 5010 Times on 2429 Posts
Likes Given: 1601

All said and Done Zimmerman should retire comfortably "courtesy of the Florida Tax Payer"... and Corey should be indighted for "false prosecution".

Tack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc3402 View Post
It was less than two months by a week or so from the 911 call to the announcement that he would be charged. As far as the pressure goes I think it was a combination of the media, civil rights groups and the meddler in the oval office speaking out about it. Part of that pressure came out of NBC doctored 911 tapes portraying Zimmerman as a racist. After listening to the actual tapes later it turns out that the first person to mention race at all was the 911 operator. Add in the inflammatory photos of the smiling 12 year old Treyvon Martin instead of the hooded and scowling present day Treyvon Martin and it's no wonder they had to indict.

This next part fits in with this thread. It's a stretch, but it fits. According to the autopsy report Treyvon Martin was shot one time with a 9mm KelTec PF9 with the bullet puncturing his right ventricle. The first officials on the scene report him as "semi-conscious and alert to their presence." He died slightly thereafter. Since it was a witnessed arrest resuscitation efforts were started by the first officers on scene.

So, let me tell you what Flip-Flop Corey is basing her charges on. If Zimmerman had stayed in the truck as directed by 911 none of this would have happened. Anyway, the trial is scheduled for June and the SYG hearing is being incorporated as part of the trial. This is at the request of the defense.
Old 05-03-2013, 01:48 AM   #133

Liked 47 Times on 37 Posts

I think if trevon would have been a year older and an adult the media wouldn't have blown it out of proportion. As for the presidents remark... Don't even get me started on that ****. But should any of us be vigilantes? Maybe he should have stayed away and let police handle the situation. Not because he is a bad guy for caring. But because in the world today people will exploit anything you give them to no matter how good hearted you may be. I'm not sure if America is being taken over but it sure seems like it.

Old 05-03-2013, 07:41 AM   #134
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tackleberry1 View Post
All said and Done Zimmerman should retire comfortably "courtesy of the Florida Tax Payer"... and Corey should be indighted for "false prosecution".

Tack
After reading all the reports, looking at all the pictures, and reading both the reports on Zimmerman's injuries and the autopsy reports I couldn't agree with you more... well, maybe except for that taxpayer part. Take it from Corey.
Old 05-03-2013, 08:25 AM   #135

Liked 23 Times on 19 Posts

All I'm trying to say, is if you're going for the 'nutt' shot, aim for the center of the 'nutt'. Imagine the embarrasment you'd feel if you aimed at the Vas Deferens and missed and blew off the guys pecker instead. Its better to aim center of mass.

Old 05-04-2013, 02:31 AM   #136

Quote:
After reading all the reports, looking at all the pictures, and reading both the reports on Zimmerman's injuries and the autopsy reports I couldn't agree with you more... well, maybe except for that taxpayer part. Take it from Corey.
That would be nice but unfortunately these political hacks masquerading as societies "saviors" pretty much have "carte blanch immunity" for crap like this...
Old 05-04-2013, 02:37 AM   #137

Liked 2610 Times on 1483 Posts
Likes Given: 2004

Quote:
What, that pelvic injuries are painful. Did I ever dispute that? Getting shot anywhere is probably going to be painful. What's your point? Are you under the impression that pain will stop your attacker from shooting you? It might, and it might not. I'm not willing to gamble on that if a better area presents itself. Of course, if all your attacker has is a knife you just won the fight. He sure can't win a race with you after getting his hip shot out.

Sheesh. I'm about ready to drag out the dead horse, and I started this thread.
My points :

1.- Aim small miss small. If you get a hit, more than likely

BG is in too much pain to respond.

2-If you miss, you more than

likely knock the BG over, or he will fall down, during which

you are bought precious seconds while he recovers. One

CBM shot probably won't do this.

3.-The BG, through his struggles, may notice he's on the ground

and unable to walk, or perhaps even crawl. His degraded

condition may or may not give him pause, if he has managed

to retain his weapon during his sudden hard trip to the ground..

4.-Word gets out enraged LACs are shooting BGs in the

nads, perhaps some will seek a new line of work.

5.-A better area ? If you shoot a little low, and recoil

makes your noisy cricket rise, you still hit CBM, cubby.

But thanks for being sanctimonious and condescending,

anyway. All good thread hosts usually act in this manner.

Old 05-04-2013, 08:41 AM   #138
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tackleberry1 View Post
That would be nice but unfortunately these political hacks masquerading as societies "saviors" pretty much have "carte blanch immunity" for crap like this...
Only in state court where the limits against her would be $200K. If you can get it into federal court the sky is the limit.

Old 05-04-2013, 02:02 PM   #139
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2192 Times on 1300 Posts
Likes Given: 1112

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimRau View Post
Not necessarily so! Those who are PC addicts will tell you that, but it is an overstatement! "Nobody wins a gunfight" more PC indoctrination! I have won a few and I count my blessing every time I see the sun rise. Speak for yourself!
It very well can change your life as you know it, but it does not need to. This mentality is the mentality which has made MANY of the new LEO's I trained have more of a fear of loosing their job than their life.
I have used deadly force several times as a civilian, soldier, and LEO and it has not had any drastic effect on me or my lifestyle.
I have witnessed many incidents where DF has been used and it has caused some problems for those involved, but none of them were catastrophic.
BUT you should be aware of the possibilities when you do use DF.
Do what ever you must do, JUST BE RIGHT WHEN YOU DO!!!!
I might add the law in ALABAMA specifically restricts the physical arrest of a person who uses deadly force in self defense unless there is PC to believe this is not the case.

An armed society is not always a polite society, but it is a free and safe society!
Self Defense is an absolute and natural right!
Keep your head down and your powder dry!

Old 05-04-2013, 09:15 PM   #140

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimRau View Post
I might add the law in ALABAMA specifically restricts the physical arrest of a person who uses deadly force in self defense unless there is PC to believe this is not the case.
Nice... Knew there was a reason I've always enjoyed the song!

Sweet Home Alabama