CCW Scenarios "what to do" - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > CCW Scenarios "what to do"

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-08-2012, 12:46 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1487 Times on 899 Posts
Likes Given: 347

It is really pretty simple.

Only draw your firearm if there is no other way of protecting your, or someone elses, life.

If you can run from danger, run. If you can drive from danger, drive. If you have time to call 911, dial. If you can protect your life with your fists, fight, don't draw. Any other useage is questionable in the courts. (as George Zimmerman has discovered; even in a state with one of the most firearm friendly laws)

If you draw your gun in a dispute you may be forced to prove that your actions were "reasonable", a test that may be decided by a jury, and juries can do strange things. Even if a jury decides that you were "reasonable", it will have cost you a fortune to defend yourself.

"It is better to be too skeptical then too credulous"

Carl Sagan

danf_fl Likes This 
Old 12-08-2012, 12:57 PM   #12
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1859 Times on 1041 Posts
Likes Given: 1231

I avoid fist fights. So I am not going there. However the robbery is a different story. If I am already there, and it is happening, I will intervene. I have considered the idea that they may not hurt anyone. But should you wait until there is already a dead person that you could have saved? I feel that once a firearm has been brandished in a crime I should assume that it will be used. As far as 3 to 1 odds...If I have the element of suprise, I could take down three of them before they even realized I had a gun. That is what we train for, isn't it?

Romans 1:16 I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God for the salvation of everyone who believes: first for the Jew, then for the Gentile.

danf_fl Likes This