CCW Practice Draws? - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > CCW Practice Draws?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-30-2011, 02:40 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 77 Times on 44 Posts
Likes Given: 8

I'll give my two cents, then duck for cover while the certified trainers throw rocks at me.
Airsoft makes several mock ups of real guns, as are all aware of. I have one, and have attached some weights in it for one simple reason. Living in a subdivision, the neighbors would get kind of wonky if I went out in the back yard and started quick draw fire exercises, but with the airsoft (weighted pretty close to my .40), I can literally stand in my living room and shoot my ass off, because those little pellets aren't going to do anything but excite my cats.
The dog? He just looks at me like I'm retarded.
Point is, don't get locked in on the 'gotta go live, gotta go to the range' mindset.
Hell, you can go to Wally world and buy a little carnival type shooting game for the Airsoft and pop away at it all night long if you want, but the point is, you can still practice, and it's cheap as hell.

Old 10-01-2011, 12:51 AM   #12

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts
Likes Given: 38

When i took my class, we all had to practice drawing our gun and aiming. They also told us to practice at least 10 min a week practicing! Now that i am expecting the call to pick up my permit, i practice more often.

Old 10-01-2011, 01:29 PM   #13

Likes Given: 1

Has anyone used those laser snapcaps for dry-fire practice? They're the ones that flash the laser when the firing pin hits the cap. The company also sells a laser-activated target that displays & tracks your hits. They're kinda pricey, but the concept sounds like a good idea for enhanced dry-fire training.

“When you're swervin' on life's highway, you're runnin' someone off the road."
-- Robert Earl Keen