CCW permit... options?

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > CCW permit... options?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-11-2011, 10:13 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 292 Times on 252 Posts

Default CCW permit... options?

Hope I'm not showing my true ignorance too much here, but I was at a bar recently, talking with a buddy about getting his first handgun and our permits. The bartender overheard and joined in. He mentioned something about a broader scope permit that covers a large number of the states, rather than just ours. He called it a Utah license or permit, does this sound legitimate to anybody?

I like the idea of an interstate permit, though I very rarely travel outside of my own. Just curious I guess...

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 11-12-2011, 03:11 AM   #2

Been teaching the classes for ky,oh . Never heard of it.

Old 11-12-2011, 03:18 AM   #3
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 208 Times on 114 Posts
Likes Given: 12

Non resident Utah covers 30 or so states. I have a Oregon resident
and Utah non resident.

Old 11-12-2011, 03:35 AM   #4

Liked 28 Times on 22 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeyondTheBox View Post
Hope I'm not showing my true ignorance too much here, but I was at a bar recently, talking with a buddy about getting his first handgun and our permits. The bartender overheard and joined in. He mentioned something about a broader scope permit that covers a large number of the states, rather than just ours. He called it a Utah license or permit, does this sound legitimate to anybody?

I like the idea of an interstate permit, though I very rarely travel outside of my own. Just curious I guess...
He was probably referring to reciprocity among states. Some permits are recognized in more places than others. Don't know which ones, though.

The only time you can have too much ammunition is if you're swimming or on fire!

Gun stores: Where the morbidly obese can pretend to be mercenaries, allude to past experiences in Special Ops, and overuse words like "tactical" and "piece of kit".

Old 11-12-2011, 03:38 AM   #5

Liked 292 Times on 252 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillM
Non resident Utah covers 30 or so states. I have a Oregon resident
and Utah non resident.
Yeah, sounds like what I'm going to want to do. Thanks fellas.