CCW Permit for the blind? - Page 5
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection >

CCW Permit for the blind?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-11-2013, 07:11 PM   #41
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 845 Times on 530 Posts
Likes Given: 258

Quote:
Again, "shall not be infringed."

Also what does deaf have to do with anything?

Just because you've lost the discussion doesn't mean you have to start saying whatever pops into your head just to be contrary
Because I disagree doisent mean I have lost the discussion. Because if someone is deaf and blind they couldint possibly assess a situation probably. shoot or not to shoot they could be shooting into a crowd of school children.

Quote:
Again, "shall not be infringed."
My reply is to that ridiculous statement. Ok People that threaten to go on a mass shooting should be allowed firearms legally. Murders rapists I could go on.
Quote:
Shall not be infringed"............Done

Old 09-11-2013, 07:40 PM   #42
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 139 Times on 104 Posts

If a blind person can pass the test with hits on target im all for it. If not I don't think this is a good idea.

Old 09-11-2013, 07:44 PM   #43
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 3733 Times on 2287 Posts
Likes Given: 1224

Quote:
Originally Posted by manta

Because I disagree doisent mean I have lost the discussion. Because if someone is deaf and blind they couldint possibly assess a situation probably. shoot or not to shoot they could be shooting into a crowd of school children.

My reply is to that ridiculous statement. Ok People that threaten to go on a mass shooting should be allowed firearms legally. Murders rapists I could go on.
It just seemed like you had lost the discussion because the arguments were pretty weak.

So anyway, I maintain that someone who is deaf and blind can still understand when someone is n top of them pummeling them. In that situation, it is hard to miss. Stick left hand out, feel for face or chest of BG, get pistol in right hand, attempt to shoot BG where you know the face or chest is, removing left hand before pulling trigger so you don't shoot through your own hand.

We can always come up with situations where shooting is impractical, either for blind people, deaf people, people who are deaf and blind, or for people who full control of their senses. Just because those situations exist doesn't mean someone should be denied (by the law) their 2A right to self defense. Especially when those people are "easy prey," so to speak, they especially need to be able to defend themselves.

Firearms are, after all, the great equalizer.
Old 09-11-2013, 07:47 PM   #44
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5738 Times on 3362 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

Every time I've shot a centerfire handgun without ear protection, I have been practically deafened for a bit. Perhaps the follow up shots would be easier for a deaf person?

Old 09-11-2013, 08:05 PM   #45
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 845 Times on 530 Posts
Likes Given: 258

Quote:
So anyway, I maintain that someone who is deaf and blind can still understand when someone is n top of them pummeling them
Yes that's one possible scenario there are plenty that the persons inability to see could put innocent people at risk. Kids beside the target for example something that a sighted person would see and respond appropriately.
Quote:
mean someone should be denied (by the law) their 2A right to self defense.
Should that apply to everyone. ?

Old 09-11-2013, 08:08 PM   #46
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5738 Times on 3362 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

Anybody remember the case of the blind guy getting shot after struggling with police officers who were attempting to investigate his cane as a weapon (numchucks I guess)? That would suck; do you take for granted that the people grabbing you and shouting commands are legit police officers or do you attempt to defend yourself and become worm food? Tough call.

Old 09-11-2013, 08:13 PM   #47
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by manta
Should that apply to everyone. ?
Until someone violently infringes upon the rights of others, yes it should apply to everyone. That's my belief.
Old 09-11-2013, 08:13 PM   #48

Liked 12 Times on 6 Posts

The ONLY reason this was brought up is because blind people weren't excluded from getting a concealed permit. It is a non issue that fits in with the libtards agenda. The second amendment covers this quite clearly. A man can get a pretty sore crotch riding the fence.

Last edited by USMCjtm; 09-11-2013 at 08:25 PM. Reason: @*$&% Spell Check !
texaswoodworker Likes This 
Old 09-12-2013, 03:45 AM   #49

Liked 53 Times on 43 Posts

I say that blind people should not carry loaded firearms in public for the purpose of self defense without being accompanied by a person whom is sighted. The reason for this is because a blind person is not capable of visually assessing when or when not to shoot. A key to marksmanship is sight picture, one needs sight for this. Every person that carries a firearm for self defense or defense of others is responsible for every round fired from their wespon.

Why are there no blind cops, security guards, soldiers?

I know there was a pretty bad ass lawyer from hells kitchen but even he didn't carry a gun.

daredevil_65.jpg

Old 09-12-2013, 04:04 AM   #50
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by GunRunner
I say that blind people should not carry loaded firearms in public for the purpose of self defense without being accompanied by a person whom is sighted. The reason for this is because a blind person is not capable of visually assessing when or when not to shoot. A key to marksmanship is sight picture, one needs sight for this. Every person that carries a firearm for self defense or defense of others is responsible for every round fired from their wespon.

Why are there no blind cops, security guards, soldiers?

I know there was a pretty bad ass lawyer from hells kitchen but even he didn't carry a gun.
We addressed all that in the rest of the thread.

Last edited by JW357; 09-12-2013 at 04:20 AM.
People Like This