CCW Permit for the blind? - Page 26
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > CCW Permit for the blind?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-23-2013, 10:02 PM   #251
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

Some say everything gets hightened or better. But not really. Same senses you just don't rely on them as much when we use our eyes. We get kinda lazy but blind ppl use all their senses. My husband can tell when we drive under something like a tunnel. He feels the difference in the air. Hears sound echoing off the ceiling. Smells it.

When he shoots he uses the table as a guide. Hears other guns firing to his left and right. He knows which direction to point and not point his gun and yes he keeps his finger off the trigger till set and ready to fire. Absolutely no reason why he shouldn't be able to CC.

Old 10-23-2013, 10:08 PM   #252
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 332 Times on 181 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leesa View Post
Some say everything gets hightened or better. But not really. Same senses you just don't rely on them as much when we use our eyes. We get kinda lazy but blind ppl use all their senses. My husband can tell when we drive under something like a tunnel. He feels the difference in the air. Hears sound echoing off the ceiling. Smells it.

When he shoots he uses the table as a guide. Hears other guns firing to his left and right. He knows which direction to point and not point his gun and yes he keeps his finger off the trigger till set and ready to fire. Absolutely no reason why he shouldn't be able to CC.
does he CC? and if so what does he carry?

Old 10-23-2013, 11:03 PM   #253

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

No he doesn't. But I do. I didn't think they did CCW's for blind ppl. Guess it's a state by state decision and that's how this conversation started for me...lol. Would love for him to be able to CC. We own our own business and he stays late to our office to meet with people who are losing their homes to foreclosure. We are property investors and although their isn't any cash in our offices there are t.v.s and computers and he wears a damn Rolex that he can't even see...haha.

Anyways I worry about him being able to protect himself and believe he should be able to CC...he is also in a wheelchair so it's not like it would be able to defend himself physically like other blind men can do.

Old 10-23-2013, 11:06 PM   #254

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

He shoots a shield though and my body guard...a 9mm and even our shotgun and hunting rifles...he loves going shooting!

Old 10-24-2013, 01:51 AM   #255
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 3729 Times on 2286 Posts
Likes Given: 1224

If I were you, I'd look into your laws in your state. Who knows? Maybe it can happen. I wish you the best of luck.

Old 10-24-2013, 03:12 AM   #256

Liked 587 Times on 393 Posts
Likes Given: 47

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leesa
No you said it was unsafe. To which I am saying is untrue. Since he only drives on private property the police have no say and can stick their tickets. Back to the facts. He has never been in an accident nor has he harmed/hurt anyone...so your assumptions that a blind person cannot drive safely is in my experience incorrect.
Where I live you can be ticketed for driving under the influence on private property, I doubt this would be any different.

If it's so safe and he's so good, why not drive on public roads?
Is he licensed to drive?

Serious questions. I'm really trying to see your/his side of this but it just does not appear to be logical.

DISCE PATI

Fear cuts deeper then the sword.

Old 10-24-2013, 05:01 AM   #257

Liked 18 Times on 8 Posts
Likes Given: 2

http://youtu.be/tt2EXWzMV18
If it's brother Ray, Hell Yeah !

Old 10-24-2013, 01:26 PM   #258

Liked 81 Times on 56 Posts

Some of you should pull your skirts down a bit,,,,
Your ass's are starting to show.

Old 10-24-2013, 01:40 PM   #259
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2919 Times on 1718 Posts

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iJOqjh1hrBw&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Old 10-25-2013, 08:08 PM   #260

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

What does your "serious questions" have to do with the topic? His ability to drive has nothing to do with his ability to shoot and CC...