CCW Permit for the blind? - Page 20
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > CCW Permit for the blind?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-22-2013, 05:55 AM   #191
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2605 Times on 1481 Posts
Likes Given: 2004

Yanno, if the welfare state will subsidize a new Cadillac for the woman

who can't spell "cat", every so often, I say why not a CCW permit for

the blind? Many of those may probably be her welfare case workers...

Old 10-22-2013, 06:35 AM   #192
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 3727 Times on 2284 Posts
Likes Given: 1224

Quote:
Originally Posted by therewolf
Yanno, if the welfare state will subsidize a new Cadillac for the woman who can't spell "cat", every so often, I say why not a CCW permit for the blind? Many of those may probably be her welfare case workers...
The right to bear arms and self defense is not "welfare." This is not a government handout. "Ok, we will allow you to LIVE today."

Bullsh*t.

Always have clean socks.

Old 10-22-2013, 06:39 AM   #193

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

Are you really comparing a blind persons right to conceal carry to a welfare recipient?

Old 10-22-2013, 07:27 AM   #194
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2415 Times on 1331 Posts
Likes Given: 333

This thread was DEAD!!!!! I HATE YOU PEOPLE!!!!!

(jk)

"...it is ...ALIVE!!!"

Old 10-22-2013, 10:36 AM   #195
Big TOW
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 6859 Times on 3442 Posts
Likes Given: 7435

I was shocked to see this thread come alive again but its a great topic to consider. I gotta say TW, Welfare recipients and Blind folks arent really comparable.

There is no need for a law to prohibit the blind from packing heat or driving for that matter. We already have way too many laws that assume an outcome thats not clearly the only outcome possible. Disabled individuals do things today society would have sworn could never happen just 50 years ago. I know a man thats a fabulous toolmaker yet hes dyslexic as all getout, Ive seen people run yet they have no legs, others listen intently yet have no functioning eardrums, the most brilliant Physicist in the world cannot even swing a pendulum with his own hands but can explain clearly every motion it makes if you swing it (Even though he no longer has his own voice).

Did the Wright Brothers give up the chance at flying just because they werent born with wings? I dont have gills but strap a tank on my back and Im a fish! First we label the blind with a cane, make them obvious targets then we tell them to be a good target, no guns for you?

Leesa's husband has every right you and I do, if he exercises any of them to the detriment of others negligently, he will have to pay the price but assuming he has no use or need for any god given right because he is disabled physically is wrong on all accounts.

We should not assume we know things about things we have never experienced. Anyone that has served our military has taken a few shots in the dark in our careers and we were even graded on how we did (Engage target in limited or zero visibility). Ive also appreciated the sleek and well machined surface of an M16 and learned to disassemble and reassemble one with a blindfold on (not so tough). We even learned to drive through the woods in pitch black with nothing but the eqiv of a flashlight on the front of our vehicle (We didnt always have NOD's).

Those without military experience should be able to relate slightly to the disabled as they remember the games we played as kids that proved we could still function even without all our senses. Blind Mans Bluff, Potato Sack Race, one legged race; it wasnt easy but with practice, even a one legged man in an ass kicking contest can come out on top!

A sighted person telling a blind one what they are capable of is ridiculous and a form of prejudice and intolerance I have a hard time accepting. Telling a person that has physical impairments they arent allowed to exercise their own judgement because of their physical disability is clearly not within the rights of Government to invoke.

Last edited by WebleyFosbery38; 10-22-2013 at 10:46 AM.

Old 10-22-2013, 12:52 PM   #196

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

Just for the record...he can drive too! I give him verbal commands and he does perfectly. First tried when we got our 68 Camaro back from being restored...an 8 year project that began when he could see. No way he wasn't driving it! He also drives our jetskis...I signal him with light taps for turning and speed (usually to slow down) He also hunts...because of the wheelchair it's a bit more difficult but he gets car permits...anyways, Just like most CCW permit holders, he would only draw if he was ready to use it for defense. Not to site down someone far away.

Old 10-22-2013, 02:49 PM   #197

Liked 81 Times on 56 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeltaF View Post
This thread was DEAD!!!!! I HATE YOU PEOPLE!!!!!

(jk)
Lmao, I was glad it died. But now we have someone with a real life experience to share with us on this specific matter.

Not sure what point you were trying to make but welfare recipients versus 2nd amendment Rights of blind people?... really?
Old 10-22-2013, 03:01 PM   #198

Liked 587 Times on 393 Posts
Likes Given: 47

Hers some real life exp, the lady who works for us, her vision is rapidly declining and she wouldn't stop driving until she attempted to cross a 4 lane, T boned a car which caused two others to slam into the car she hit and an infant had to be life flighted to Duke to save its life and two others had serious but non life threatening injuries. Everyone of us has limits, recognizing said limits is the key.

Rise and rise again, until lambs become lions....

DISCE PATI

Fear cuts deeper then the sword.

Old 10-22-2013, 03:12 PM   #199
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1275 Times on 736 Posts
Likes Given: 1937

Some people study anatomy via the Braille method. Oh, wait - some of them ain't blind.

Old 10-22-2013, 03:55 PM   #200
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 3727 Times on 2284 Posts
Likes Given: 1224

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadsp0t
Everyone of us has limits, recognizing said limits is the key.
You're right. But it isn't the government's job to recognize those limits for the individual.

Along the lines of "blind people shouldn't be allowed to carry guns because it would be an endangerment to other people" - Well, then following that logic the government should be able to control all aspects of our lives because someone is deemed to be a threat to themselves or others for whatever reason.

Or, for that matter, anyone with a gun is a danger to others if they miss. Let's just prevent everyone from carrying weapons because there is a chance they can miss when they pull the trigger.

Always have clean socks.

WebleyFosbery38 Likes This