CCW Permit for the blind? - Page 17
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > CCW Permit for the blind?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-18-2013, 08:51 PM   #161
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 3726 Times on 2283 Posts
Likes Given: 1224

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leesa View Post
He is completly blind only sees black and he is in a wheelchair. The shooting ranges often have setups for wheelchairs. We've never asked if it was okay for him to shoot because we don't want to be told no...but like with any sited person...practice makes perfect and blind people can be just as effective with a gun and should be allowed to conceal carry.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leesa View Post
I would love my blind husband to be able to get CCW permit...how do I find out if he can? I am a CCW permit holder but not with my husband while he is at our business. I often worry about him when he is alone there. He goes shooting with me all the time and hits the targets from 30 feet!
It really depends on your state. What state are you in? Apparently you can do it in Iowa.

I wish you both the best of luck, and I hope he can succeed in getting his CCW permit.

Always have clean socks.

Old 09-18-2013, 09:28 PM   #162
McCool@email.com
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 7172 Times on 3925 Posts
Likes Given: 14558

Call the local police or sheriff's office and ask how to apply.

No offense and none taken (̿▀̿ ̿Ĺ̯̿̿▀̿ ̿)̄

Old 09-19-2013, 12:25 AM   #163

Liked 587 Times on 393 Posts
Likes Given: 47

Quote:
Originally Posted by sniper762
First rule of gun safety...........always point a gun in a safe direction note: A blind person cannot determine a safe direction i recommend a good powerful stun gun the whole concept of the blind with a ccw or even firing one is absurd..............from a avid hunter avid shooter cch holder nc cch certified instuctor pro gun pro 2nd a
I agree 100% and over the past couple days I've asked almost 3 dozen people.. General contractors, painters, family, ppl that work for my family.. Basically anyone who would give me a min and after everyone of them stooped laughing they asked me was I ****ing serious.. EVERYONE said it was the most absurd thing they'd ever herd..

More power to the ones who get one and carry.. So there's no confusion, I hope they are held to a higher standard in the event of an incident.. Ya, that's harsh.. And...?

Rise and rise again, until lambs become lions....

DISCE PATI

Fear cuts deeper then the sword.

Old 09-19-2013, 12:56 AM   #164
McCool@email.com
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadsp0t

I agree 100% and over the past couple days I've asked almost 3 dozen people..
Love the avatar.

Denying one right to one disabled group sets a precedent by which future disenfranchisements will be justified. Do blind men pay no taxes?

Old 09-19-2013, 01:34 AM   #165

Liked 79 Times on 55 Posts

My question is, at what point do they prohibit you from CC? Pitch black blind? Blind in one eye? Color blind? What if your just legally blind, or have really strong prescription glasses?, that could be knock off the face in a attack, now this person should be denied an inalienable right because he can't see as good as some others?
Slippery slopes gentleman, I see what compromising gets us, I'm more of a don't give an inch kinda guy.
Also I tend to like to see facts,, out of the cwp holders that have been given permits, how many have 1: used it in SD? 2: have mowed down whole families while doing so?
I think history has taught us not to pass judgment on those who were assumed unable to do certain tasks/ jobs especially before given the chance to prove/ or disprove themselves. Just my .2

Old 09-19-2013, 01:40 AM   #166
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 5690 Times on 2973 Posts
Likes Given: 378

most people that are legally blind can still see well enough to get around watch movies and even shoot. legally blind doesnt mean all you see is utter pitch black.

i fully support as many people as possible who arent insane or criminals excercising their 2A rights. it only helps our cause to add the blind to our fold.

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Old 09-19-2013, 02:02 AM   #167
Proud to be an American
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 860 Times on 388 Posts
Likes Given: 385

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonM View Post
most people that are legally blind can still see well enough to get around watch movies and even shoot. legally blind doesnt mean all you see is utter pitch black.

i fully support as many people as possible who arent insane or criminals excercising their 2A rights. it only helps our cause to add the blind to our fold.
I initially thought this was an absurd idea because in my minds eye "legally blind" meant total sight deprivation. It seems I may have erred in my quick judgment. So in true Canuck fashion I retract any inflammatory remarks I may or may not have made concerning this issue!

The price of freedom is eternal vigilance.

MisterMcCool Likes This 
Old 09-19-2013, 02:07 AM   #168
McCool@email.com
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by pasquanel
i retract any inflammatory remarks i may or may not have made concerning this issue!

Old 09-19-2013, 02:08 AM   #169
Proud to be an American
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 860 Times on 388 Posts
Likes Given: 385

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterMcCool View Post
:d
I didn't mean you!

The price of freedom is eternal vigilance.

MisterMcCool Likes This 
Old 09-19-2013, 03:20 PM   #170
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1273 Times on 736 Posts
Likes Given: 1937

I only know about S. Carolina, but to get a concealed weapons permit here, you have to have 20/40 vision, and pass a shooting test on the range. But a blind person could have a gun at home, where the familiar surroundings would help distinguish between a good guy vs a bad guy, and maybe allow him to locate the BG by sound.