CCW or Open Carry in Starbucks! - Page 2
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection >

CCW or Open Carry in Starbucks!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-11-2012, 10:43 PM   #11
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1713 Times on 1002 Posts
Likes Given: 296

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dearhunter View Post
The way see it, open carry makes you stand out and the first target for some deranged shooter out to make a name for himself. Plus, it tends to make the public nervous. I CC and never tell anyone that I am carrying.
Been shown to not be true over and over again, and according the open carry org, the exact opposite is true.

But, if you don't want the attention that it seldom brings, so be it.

Old 04-11-2012, 11:51 PM   #12

Liked 286 Times on 206 Posts
Likes Given: 2

As of right now i cant conceal because im waiting for my Cpl in the mail. So i do open carry because thats all i can leagaly do as of now. But it will be concealed as soon as i get it in the mail.

Old 04-12-2012, 12:24 AM   #13
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by fupuk View Post
As of right now i cant conceal because im waiting for my Cpl in the mail. So i do open carry because thats all i can leagaly do as of now. But it will be concealed as soon as i get it in the mail.
How are you coming on learning MI screwy firearm laws?

Old 04-12-2012, 12:43 AM   #14

Liked 286 Times on 206 Posts

I know the laws good. Its just the state bullsh!ting around to get my Cpl. I handed the application in the end of November, same day as my fiance. She got hers the middle of Febuary. They say they are waiting on a arrest report from six years ago and no one has received it and my local police station said they sent it over a month ago. The clerks office says they never received it. I called yesterday and today to get everything resent but im still gonna have to wait a month before the gun board meets in kent county. There is no reason it should be such a hassel. Thats the only reason i open carry because whats the point of doing it illegaly and getting caught? Defenitly not worth it to me. But the person that has a illegal gun dosent care about waiting six months so he can walk around with one. Thats my only gripe.

Old 04-12-2012, 01:38 AM   #15
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by fupuk View Post
I know the laws good. Its just the state bullsh!ting around to get my Cpl. I handed the application in the end of November, same day as my fiance. She got hers the middle of Febuary. They say they are waiting on a arrest report from six years ago and no one has received it and my local police station said they sent it over a month ago. The clerks office says they never received it. I called yesterday and today to get everything resent but im still gonna have to wait a month before the gun board meets in kent county. There is no reason it should be such a hassel. Thats the only reason i open carry because whats the point of doing it illegaly and getting caught? Defenitly not worth it to me. But the person that has a illegal gun dosent care about waiting six months so he can walk around with one. Thats my only gripe.
What about the law that says if they don't have the required info back from the state in 45 days they have to issue a temp license? you may fall into that very limited exemption

I keep learning more and more about our screwy laws. I completely missed the fact there's an entirely different set of rules for CPL transport carry while between .02-.08 BAC.

Old 04-12-2012, 01:45 AM   #16

Liked 2348 Times on 1280 Posts
Likes Given: 1443

I conceal all the time. I am 6' 2" 220 LBS. I am enough of a target without people knowing I am packing. I like having the element of suprise.
Romans 1:16 I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God for the salvation of everyone who believes: first for the Jew, then for the Gentile.

Old 04-12-2012, 03:15 AM   #17

Liked 5017 Times on 2431 Posts
Likes Given: 1601

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper03 View Post
It is certainly a persons right to open carry!
But I choose not to! If I have to take action I do not want them pr-determining me as a threat. Which would make me a target before I was even aware of their intent. The element of surprise with the CCW is to my advantage because I can act on my time not theirs. Just my view only after around 30 years LEO and SWAT!

^^THIS^^

Tack

Old 04-12-2012, 03:36 AM   #18

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

I carry iwb

Old 04-12-2012, 05:33 AM   #19

Liked 55 Times on 45 Posts

I prefer not to be on anything when carrying even caffeine, I like to have a steady hand and caffeine shakes are not helpful.....lol

Old 04-12-2012, 06:41 PM   #20

I make a habit of open carrying when I go to Starbucks.

I pay with $2 notes too. I will admit to my awareness level being ratcheted up a notch since my handgun is exposed for the world to see for the short period of time I'm in there but to me the benefits outweigh the risk. If nobody open carries in Starbucks they may soon forget about gun toters and ban firearms in their establishments. By letting them view guns carried in a responsible manner by polite patrons it serves as an economic reminder to them that we, gun toters, are an economic force to be reckoned with.