Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f17/)
-   -   CCW or Open Carry in Starbucks! (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f17/ccw-open-carry-starbucks-62320/)

CipsterX 04-11-2012 09:20 PM

CCW or Open Carry in Starbucks!

I'm in Starbucks now strapped :)

sputnik1988 04-11-2012 09:33 PM

I find myself more of a ccw guy rather than open. Most of the time anyway, normally I open carry at Starbucks, what little I go.

Tackleberry1 04-11-2012 09:35 PM

Starbucks Corporate policy is to follow local laws in all there establishments so if your in a area where open carry is legal, then yes, you can open carry is Starbucks. Same goes for CCW.

They don't make a big deal of it but should be commended for NOT buckling to the vocal minority idiots who would have them post gun buster stickers on thier doors and loose a big chunk of business from those of us who carry.

Kudos Starbucks

Tack

Polygon 04-11-2012 09:38 PM

I don't care for open carry in populated areas. I think it's a bad idea, even though you might have the right to. I much prefer to conceal my gun rather than have it out for everyone to see.

I have to agree, Starbucks should be commended for supporting people's rights.

Sniper03 04-11-2012 09:39 PM

It is certainly a persons right to open carry!
But I choose not to! If I have to take action I do not want them pr-determining me as a threat. Which would make me a target before I was even aware of their intent. The element of surprise with the CCW is to my advantage because I can act on my time not theirs. Just my view only after around 30 years LEO and SWAT! :D

CipsterX 04-11-2012 10:11 PM

I just wanted to support them and went and ordered a 5.00 coffee with my pistol :)

Dearhunter 04-11-2012 11:10 PM

The way see it, open carry makes you stand out and the first target for some deranged shooter out to make a name for himself. Plus, it tends to make the public nervous. I CC and never tell anyone that I am carrying.

Polygon 04-11-2012 11:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dearhunter (Post 768201)
The way see it, open carry makes you stand out and the first target for some deranged shooter out to make a name for himself. Plus, it tends to make the public nervous. I CC and never tell anyone that I am carrying.

Exactly how I feel.

MrWray 04-11-2012 11:25 PM

I dont like any sort of attention, i dont like prying eyes on me "from anyone". YES open carry makes people nervous and YES some criminals take out the obvioisly armed person first "its a fact". Oklahoma doesnt have open carry option, but even if they did i will still CC. I love being the sleeper in a crowd

hardluk1 04-11-2012 11:26 PM

I don't open carry . No need in gitting some pacifist excited and haveing the law called, And I don't go to starbucks or any other over price coffee house.